Why is gates rarely depicted or described as a cutthroat businessman?

Why is gates rarely depicted or described as a cutthroat businessman?

Attached: XpgonN0X_400x400.jpg (399x399, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TIClAanU7Os
youtube.com/watch?v=kjm2ZZg6MAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iK6SS8CXYZo
youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0
youtube.com/watch?v=H27rfr59RiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he is too busy spreading ebola in africa

based

because he spends so much time pretending to help niggers

He was if you were older than 19 and could remember the 90s.

He never really needed to be. He spent most of his time fighting the government, which represented Sun/Oracle.

Image. He smiles a lot goes around dressed like the ultimate nerd stereotype, making it hard to imagine that he's closer to JP Morgan than Sheldon Cooper.

smart people are always envious of rich people. They feel entitled to have money because they got a degree and realize the world doesn't work like that.

Dude was an asshole and so were Steve Jobs and Jack Tramiel but they got results. Get rid of all of them and their companies became a chicken with its head cut off surviving only on inertia.

Nerd face

lol wut
he stole from fucking everyone

I will never forgive Gates for not running for President. Sure giving up all Microsoft shares would be tough but it's worth it. We could have become a technocracy. Hopefully this will happen soon.

That's one way of extending Microsoft's monopoly.
Imagine Embrace, Extend, Extenguish on a global scale.

The only E president G needs is Exterminate

Because of the bill and Melinda gates foundation, he isn't seen as a ruthless overlord. And rightfully so i guess.

This. He was definitely wasn't too well liked during his deposition years. Of course after stepping down/being voted out as CEO he donated a lot of money to his charity so that makes him nice again, apparently.

He was but after he stopped leading Microsoft the criticism weakened.

Um, he is...

Why is OP such a turd-burgler?

Attached: delet_this_rn.png (497x351, 257K)

He was disliked a lot during the 90s. I'd say from 1995 until 2007 there was absolutely no OS on the market that could compete with Windows for day to day usage. Microsoft was an unsinkable titan that even the government couldn't destroy. It wasn't until maybe around 2007 when OSX started taking off that the Microsoft monopoly started to crumble. It still took years of uphill work from Apple to break the stranglehold and I don't think OSX got a decent release rolling with Snow Leopard. Some time in the early 2010s Linux started getting reasonable for desktop usage as well. This broke the Microsoft dominion over the PC world and we've been developing technology at an ever increasing pace. Bill Gates was instrumental in stifling almost all progress. Apple was on fucking life support through most of the 90s and Microsoft actually had to give them money just to keep them afloat. Linux was a goddamn joke and wasn't even good at server functions, the only "polished" Linux distro was Mandrake. Gates purposely kept shit tier alternatives afloat just to prevent the government from pulling a Bell Telephone style breakup of Microsoft. Once Gates left in the early 2000s he was succeeded by Ballmer. Ballmer's ruthlessness was internal at Microsoft rather than external like Gates. Ballmer instituted bizarre corporate policies. Your reviews would be measured against your own development team. So if you were in a group of Einsteins you wanted to get out to the Pajeet team and lord over them as top dog. This utterly shit policy obliterated whatever progress Microsoft was making at the time and let others take over. Ballmer went even further and refused to enter a market unless someone else had already gored themselves figuring out what worked and didn't. This is how he let Apple and Google utterly dominate the phone market. Their attempts to buy Nokia and backdoor in outright failed and it's unsurprising he was likely told to fuck off. Microsoft is much more "honest" without Gates.

marketing duh

He helps niggers now.
He didn't when this film was made.

Attached: billisupset.jpg (475x395, 74K)

>i'm a millennial
Okay, but why did we need a post about this?

>I'm a boomer

People are too busy for facts

>Smart People
>have a degree

Doesn't work like that.

>i’m the ghost of someone who died in Normandy

>muh technocracy
move to China then faggot

he drank water made from shit and did the ALS le ice bucket le challenge that everyone missed the point of
nobody takes him seriously since then

he did many good things that outweigh the mafia like-business mentality he was in the 1990s

/thread

Based

Because he's retired?

youtube.com/watch?v=TIClAanU7Os

Microsoft were seen as some kind of evil Death Star thingie in the 90s.

he jumps chairs

underages should leave.

Because he is trying to absolve himself from this and overcompensate. And that's what stuck with the general public.
youtube.com/watch?v=kjm2ZZg6MAQ

>Bill Gates isn't seen a force of evil
what?
youtube.com/watch?v=iK6SS8CXYZo

Attached: Locutus of Bill.jpg (622x447, 18K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tc4ROCJYbm0
And on the other hand - there are generations and people like these. The ones who genuinely cared about technology and the good it could bring.

what was the point?

>what was the point?

>rocking back and forth
>reading with your face literally in the paper
what an autist

of the ice bucket?

Even of the ice bucket. While he may be able to single-handedly donate as much money as all the others to that fund, he is hardly doing it 100% from the kindness of his heart.

Well, at least he's doing something, his intentions don't matter if he puts even a fraction of the money to good use. By contrast, President Obama refused the challenge and only donated 100 dollars to charity.

Stole what?

>Well, at least he's doing something
I can't fault him for that.
>his intentions don't matter if he puts even a fraction of the money to good use
I wouldn't go that far, especially in his case, but again - I can't fault him for that.

CP/M design for MS-DOS
GUI from Apple/Xerox PARC

This.
Nobody remembers activists pie him.

You can talk shit about Jobs, but in terms of bussines practices, Jobs ternure was near as aggresive as Bill Gates' Microsoft was.
Jobs was an aggresive seller. Gates was a full blown kike.

and IE from some guy

how do you not know?
they were all supreme court cases that ruled in favor of the other party and deemed microsoft had to split into separate companies
luckily the jew money stopped that from ever happening

because he gave a (tax-deducted) ton of money to charity in order to market himself as a philanthropist and rescue his reputation..

>tells Jobs and IBM to go fuck themselves
>copies Xerox
>buys DOS for 60 bucks

thank god I am not the only one thinking that.

it's not the 90's anymore. That used to be the only way he was depicted...

youtube.com/watch?v=H27rfr59RiE

I feel old now.

Ballmer wanted mobile but was betrayed by his board. Satya is a saboteur who scuttled Nokia. Any U.S. corporation with an Indian CEO is completely controlled by bad people.

Because he's a *good* oligarch.
Just like meeting with murderous dictators doesn't count if they're friendly murderous dictators.

Attached: de23bd0d-ba47-4598-9ce0-adfe3a07fdaa_16x9_788x442.jpg (786x442, 108K)

The clowns were as involved in building Microsoft as they were in building Google. You gotta find out the real story for the antitrust lawsuit. I'm sure it's juicy.

He left his CEO post nearly 2 decades ago, and society's short term memory.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

What is he doing this very second? What is mister gates thinking about?

taking a fat shite

how can darkies even compete?

history is written by the victors, OP

Did Gates use the regulatory capture or is Gates being treated unfairly?

He's one of the main forces trying to make Africa a nice place to live for the Africans. Imo that absolves him of all precious sins.

> It wasn't until maybe around 2007 when OSX started taking off that the Microsoft monopoly started to crumble.

That's right you fucking idiots. OSX is your friend. It's COMPETITION. At the very least you can build a hackintosh and not be forced into their overpriced, under-powered shit hardware.

But nope. Jow Forums wants nothing but Windows and then complain about how botnet it is. You fucking idiots honestly deserve everything you're getting. An internet that's full 1985 and now they're going to make you pay extra depending on what site you go to. Enjoy. You deserve it.

Maybe your children will learn the lessons you failed to learn and that competition is their friend (especially, in a capitalistic society where the people have very little power and opportunity isn't a lottery).

But as for you, you'll continue to suck Gates, Trumps, and any other rich/famous person's cock because you believe that makes them better/smarter than you.

This is why capitalism is wrong

Rich enough and clever enough to have successfully totally rebranded himself as one of the greatest philanthropists and humanitarians of our day, because he just cares so much about those poor poor Africans.

>because he just cares so much about those poor poor Africans
He really does though.

Attached: science.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

He was a bit of a dick when it came to shilling Internet Explorer, but he protected us from a far worse fate. Now, Microsoft is steadily decaying without his oversight and probably won't make it to 2100.

I don't exactly think Bill Gates will be alive in 2100 if we're being totally honest with ourselves.

There was alternatives during the 90s and early 2000s. OS/2 is an example. But Microsoft started losing massive ground once Laptops and Desktop computers started taking hits. The market shifted from x86 based computers to arm based tablets and phones for the common folk. It seems inconceivable to us here but a larger and larger cohort subsist entirely off their cellphone or tablet. I was actually excited for Canonical when they announced their Convergence plans and phone line but they utterly failed on that goal because of carrier resistance to outsiders and their NIH policy. Trying to write Mir from scratch rather than working on Wayland/Weston was a fools errand and wasted so much money.

is everyone too young to remember that south park shot him in the movie for being a snake oil salesman?

>inertia

What was Sun/Oracle doing?

Goddamn the replacement for Windows is even worse. So much lockdown

>>But as for you, you'll continue to suck Gates, Trumps, and any other rich/famous person's cock

You say right after sucking Steve Jobs' rotten cock.
Gawkawkawkawk tfffp gawkawkawkawkawk

GNU/Linux is the better alternative and if you lurked on here awhile rather than cross boarding from pol you'd know this.