Net Neutrality is dead. I don't want to pay twice for internet anymore

Net Neutrality is dead. I don't want to pay twice for internet anymore.

Honestly, I don't use my internet for online gaming as much as I used to. What I'd like to do is just cancel my Comcast internet and just use my phone's unlimited data plan for the limited amount of internet stuff I do at home.

What would be the best way to do this? I think T-Mobile charges an extra $15 a month for tethering, but I have an Android phone so there's probably a way around that. Should I use a VPN or would it even matter?

Attached: Net-Neutrality.jpg (830x467, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

popularresistance.org/creating-an-alternative-internet-to-keep-the-nsa-out/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Using the default tethering methods from T-mobile as well as others they know and they will block it or charge you.

What does net neutrality have to do with paying (twice) for internet?

Also T-Mobile has a soft data cap of like 30gbs a month on their unlimited plans. And if you already have Comcast (Xfinity) you can just add Xfinity mobile onto your plan and ditch T-Mobile

>they know and they will block it or charge you.
how is this even allowed let alone a thing?

take any product, being promised a service, but if you use your purchase product a certain way which doesn't harmfully affect the services provided in any way, they charge you for it?

imagine buying a car, but then having the dealership tell you that if you use it to drive up mountains, or have passengers, you have to pay a fee to continue driving said car..

how the fuck has this been a thing for nearly ten years without these cocksuckers being sued?

You're not serious right?

You sign up for a plan for your phone not to use your phone. Using that phone to act as a hotspot is breaking your terms because you can just get a fucking plan for hotspot or add it on like OP said for $15.

Your analogy is awful, the correct one would be imagine using your car and you have OnStar in there but didn't pay for it. You then decide you want to use it, you get charged or notified you don't have it.

Attached: SmartSelect_20180611-175142_IceCatMobile.jpg (687x520, 144K)

>(((breaking the terms)))

>data plan isn't apart of his phone contract
it's 2018, get with the times you straw grasping retard.

there's absolutely no reason to charge any extra amount for using the internet, tethered or not it's still using your phones radio to access said internet, which is no different whether its transmitting the signal from the radio through a usb cord, through a wifi adaptor or to be used by other components on the phones hardware i.e browsing the net with

The thing that seems to elude your feeble mind is that setting up a mobile hotspot and tethering can be used to allow more than 1 person to use your phone's data. Yes, it's dumb, in the end it makes no difference other than maybe bandwidth, but there's one person paying for the data plan - you. It's not in the provider's interest to be charitable and let just about anybody freeload on their resources.

it isn't charitable in any way shape or form for a provider to allow tethering on someone device.
as you already said, the customer is paying for the internet/bandwidth allocated to them, how they decide to use their purchased product and the services they paid for is their right, as with all products..

whether the end user wants to be charitable and share their bandwidth is up to customer, not the ISP/cell company.

imagine having an insurance company charge you more if you start carpooling

>as you already said, the customer is paying for the internet/bandwidth allocated to them, how they decide to use their purchased product and the services they paid for is their right, as with all products..
They aren't paying "for the internet", they're paying for internet access. In other words, they're merely allowed to access the internet using the provider's infrastructure according to terms defined in the contract. You may not like it, in which case you're free not to sign the contract. That's all there is to it, really. It's different from buying a car from a dealership. Once you pay for the whole thing, it's yours. Here the ISP/cell company provides you with access to their infrastructure that they pay to maintain and expand. You don't own any of it, therefore you use it on their terms or not at all.

tl;dr
fit in "contract stating you must pay more if you wish to have more people in the car with you at any given time" to any of the previous analogies.

or just look at:
>oh you don't like it? don't buy it!
>hah now what you gonna do?
>live without internet access?
>we have the duopoly here and the competition is no different with their anti consumerist actions and demands to force you to pay more to use your purchased service how it's meant to be used!
>we even have retards pretending to know what they're talking about; defending our illegal actions!
>anti consumerist laws a joke amirite!
k. nice spiel about growing infrastructure and blah blah blah expanding for the service blah blah blah
you don't come across as a PR rep at all..

but ayy this whole trying to control peoples actions with their purchased product/services has worked out so well for corporations in the past, look at how illegal it is to emulate things... oh wait

they do practically the same thing with car leases too, can't go over a certain amount of mileage per month

robbery

You can always get out of that shitshow of a country an move somewhere else.

Europoor is cheaper and has overall better internet.

car leases are entirely different though.

you can wear out a cars motor
you can't wear out cell towers/radio antenae, but if you're using it to the point where you're saturating the network for everyone, the ISP shouldn't be trying to sell/promise bandwidth levels of which it can't maintain in the first place. especially if it only takes a couple people making full use of their bandwidth to saturate said connection

>tfw in WA state

>tethering can be used to allow more than 1 person to use your phone's data
It's almost as if sharing Internet with a family or multiple people where one or a couple people pay for the charges hasn't existed for over 20+ years.

Disallowing tethering of the same service (the Internet) is bullshit and exploitation of customers. Cable companies did the exact same thing with televisions when cable was new. You were only allowed one TV per subscription and needed to pay for a fee for more when it was just a matter of splitting the signal. They eventually gave up on policing it. Same thing when dsl/cable was new, only X amount of computers allowed. It's just exploiting of their customers.

Honestly I'm okay with paying more for internet if it keeps poorfags away.

how hard would it be to start an "othernet"? point to point mesh type network, real people only.

>as you already said, the customer is paying for the internet/bandwidth allocated to them, how they decide to use their purchased product and the services they paid for is their right, as with all products..
What if the customer is accessing the services of a competing provider? What about content that shows the provider in a bad light? What if they're communicating with activists pushing policies that are unfavorable for the provider?
Shouldn't a company be able to use its products and services to maximize its own gain?

popularresistance.org/creating-an-alternative-internet-to-keep-the-nsa-out/