Redpill me on the i7-7820x

redpill me on the i7-7820x.

eight cores is just perfect, for someone who uses their computer for games, multitasking, and audio/image/video editing. it beats out the comparable threadripper.

28 lanes of pci is plenty for someone who isn't gonna do some wonky SLi or pci-e ssd raid setup, and you can use optane storage with it if you really want to.

3.6ghz is more than satisfactory for most things, and it boosts on it's own to 4.3ghz on 4 cores or it shuts off half the die and does 4.5ghz on 2 cores. that's on air; if you put buku radiators on it with water, you can absolutely get 4.7ghz on ALL eight cores simultaniously, which is spicy af.

yes, it's more expensive; 450 for the chip and 200-400 for the x299 motherboard. that's kind of steep. but if you're not going to have a desktop computer that can do basically anything you NEED a desktop for with complete ease, why not just get a fucking thinkpad or just use your phone?

the only two reasons i can think of to get any chip besides the 7820x are: A, you're an elite rising-up 4k 144hz gamer who wants a quad core at 5ghz and 44 lanes for SLi'ing, or you just can't afford it.

prove me wrong.

Attached: intel-Core-i7-7820X-Processor-360px-v2.jpg (300x360, 37K)

you sound gay

He really does. And a nagging gay at that.

>falling for the x series meme
>not understanding the x series is marketing strategy
J-J-JUST

Attached: 15976559.jpg (551x599, 413K)

>you can absolutely get 4.7ghz on ALL eight cores
with 400w

just buy a 2700x.

>i7-7820x
literally just a worse ryzen 7 2700x

The 2700X is worth considering if you don't need 8 RAM slots/quad channel memory, since it seems to do slightly better in gaming iirc. I'm not an AMDrone, though, so just pick what's best for you I guess.

the 2700x is worth looking at, i think, although i do kind of want to do big clocks and stuff.

literally no point buying dead platform, its dead, its not gonna be supported nor have new line of CPUs on it

You buy 2700X or wait for TR2 OR wait for Zen 2 7nm

Its a bait thread tho

enjoy delidding your expensive CPU bro

is the 1900x really better? i don't know what all thos lanes are for. or maybe it's just cheaper.

>t. AMD shills

FUCK the motherboards for threadrippers are all so FUCKING GAY

>fkn AMD shills
>be a good goy and buy Intel(TM)
>you get extra cum under your heat spreader, to achieve those HIGH CLOCKS
>and you get the best, most expensive platform on the market with no future

BUY INTEL XDDD

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Why don't you buy the 8086K, the best CPU ever, by the best company ever!
7820x is soooo last year.

Attached: 5niggahhurtz.png (3671x2294, 2.83M)

op here, i think i'm going to go with the 1900x

you can, if you need the power, but it would only make sense if you plan on updating to TR3 in the future, if not - then buy 2700x

FUCK

you spelled cocks wrong

t. thinly-veiled AMDrone

The kikery never stops.

>t. enraged plebbits

Get what YOU want, but yeah AMD's Ryzen seems a better option now for multicore performance and also cheaper than intel, still has to work some kinks like the RAM compatibility but if you are not concerned and exploiting all the capabilites of Ryzen then any 2666mhz kit should work fine and you will barely notice. Also Intel has that Spectre thing going on.

Wait for the 2900x or whatever the 8 core Threadripper 2 part ends up being called.
Q3.

Better platform. Better price. No RAID keys. Has the same quad channel support.

yeah i might have to do that. it pisses me off but it's reasonable.

god i just wish there was a single fucking motherboard that wasn't some horrible gamer decoration thing.

The Designare looks fine. More of an industrial aesthetic than a gaymer one.

Attached: gigabyte-x399-designare-ex.jpg (1303x1080, 788K)

it's not bad. i was thinking about that asus one that just has diagonal metal struts in some random pattern, which isn't that bad either.

also, why does ram cost a million dollars now? i bought 64gb of ram in 4gb sticks for my current dual socket computer, for like, 300 dollars. it looks like 64gb of fast ram for a 2700x would cost 800, easily.

There's a severe bit shortage in korea

>prove me wrong.

I would but you're obviously retarded.

the gooks and chinks told us theres a ram shortage because of smartphones so the prices went up.

What's wrong with the Taichi, exactly?
It's got gears on it. That's not gamery.

There's plenty of nice looking X399 boards. Are you sure you're actually looking?
A lot of them at least looks fine if you take off the plastic i/o shroud and shit.

I'm probably getting the X399m Tachi myself if nothing better comes out in the X399 refresh for mATX boards.

it's got a gear on it. what jesus fucking jumping christ almighty on a pogo stick in drag business does a gear have on a motherboard?

i... just really, really want a plain old pcb looking OEM dell prebuilt style motherboard. and it's killing me.

though maybe you're right, if i can just remove the gear and shroud n shit. it's not like i'm going to have windows on the case. but i'd know.

Talking fron experience OP:

A client has 3 Pc's for making video editing in 4/8k.

He called me last week he was having trouble with premiere so i inspected the pc and found out Intel is shit for Premiere, i7 8700k @4.8, he payed somebody for a delid and bough a swiftech custom Loop, 2 memessd in raid and 32gb ddr4 3600 but his pc was taking ages (5-7 minutes to stabilize a 30sec clip)

On the other hand an older 1600 non x with no OC and fucking 16 gb ddr4 2666 memory was doing the same thing practically in realtime, both have the sane 1070ti and use the mercury encoder.

Im now making a fourth pc (the other one is a shitty mac pro 2016) with a 2700 and he wants now a 32 threadripper in december.

chinks love some price fixing. they always have an excuse, "floods in taiwan", "smartphone hikes", "gpu hike", etc.

now that's shitposting

Take the gear off then. lmao.
Stop being a brainlet.

the irony of it is ddr3 prices are also skyhigh

would removing it void the warranty? is it designed to destroy the board if it's removed? these are actual questions i have to ask.

i've noticed in tests and benchmarks, that overclocking seems to make no difference at higher resolutions? and that they become competitive to the point of no difference as the resolution increases. i think ryzen is probably the thing.

i have one and its great

>eight cores is JUST perfect
>28 lanes of pci is plenty
>you can use optane storage
>3.6ghz is more than satisfactory
>put (((buku))) radiators on it with water, you can absolutely get 4.7ghz
>yes, it's more expensive
You sound like a Soiboy cuck.
You probably are.

My 4ghz 8 core Ryzen processor cost me $200 with a cheaper motherboard. I game at 2k 144hz with a 1080ti

Heard of Moore's Law? I swear Jow Forums is a bunch of fuck-tard dumbasses.

You don't buy what you need today, you buy what you need tomorrow.

that's probably what i'll do...

Because it's EOL

so this retardation can be removed?

Attached: fucking gay bullshit.png (1744x1576, 680K)

>not having fluorescent strap-ON

My dragon dildo has RGB built in

The 2700X loses to the 8700K in the majority of games unless you have 4000 MHz RAM

>the 8086k is worse than the 8700k in almost every one even though it's a better binned 8700k

Attached: 1491945157477.gif (280x302, 3.63M)

How is the ryzen 7 on power usage vs 8700k? Haven't intels been way better on power consumption? Is that changed now with the second gen ryzens? I know am used to suck at idle power consumption.

You could probably disable the leds, take black paint and cover it all... unless they're supposed to dissipate heat, in which case I'd probably remove it and half ass something with a few transistor heatsinks I have laying around.

I think they're roughly equal right now, but with 7nm coming next year for Ryzen, and 10nm stalling for Intel, it's safe to assume that Zen is going to be a bit better soon, you just have to waitâ„¢

Any of you do the firmware patches on your chips? Did it rape performance if you did? (For spectre and meltdown)

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzUvNzY1NTA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==.png (712x1441, 158K)

>prove me wrong
I play games while I stream for friends and encode audio with an i5 6600K """""manually""""" boosted to 4.5ghz without issue. I got the chip and motherboard for half the price you got yours.
Unless you render tons of video or are chasing 4k/100fps, an i7 is not necessary. It. Is. Not. Necessary. Whether it's unlocked, got some shitty X after it, or otherwise. You are doing nothing more than satisfying your geardo cravings by insisting you have to have parallel computing or more than 4 cores. This is known fact for years now.

11MB L3

7% average, user. If it was above 10%, then I would maybe consider the 8700k, but a measly 7% is not a huge deal especially since it didn't account for tweaked RAM timings and all of this is in 1080p, meaning it doesn't matter at all if you go higher resolutions.

>I play games while I stream for friends and encode audio
>with 4 cores

Attached: kiss-shot wants to sleep .png (410x816, 409K)

Why? If you don't need the pcie lanes then the 2700x has marginally better performance for $100 less.

Why can't these faggots just dial down the coars and make a 5ghz+ base clock 4c/8t high IPC cpu?
If i want a workstation CPU i'll buy one. Dumb kikes and poos are trying to pass off workstation cpus for dumb consumers so we can pay for their professional costumers.

fake and gay

Attached: 1510580411243.jpg (500x341, 105K)

>Not ringbus
Literally no reason to buy it over the competing AMD

it's garbage, just get Ryzen

>skylel-x
Ryzen is better in every way.

It's a old slow unlocked xeons with shit binning that runs hot
7nm zen3 16 core will crush it

>Housefire-X
Yeah, suuurreee
Good luck with the power consumption tho

It is ridiculously expensive, in a way, I would only consider it if you were sure you will use it mostly for heavily AVX2/AVX-512 programs.

It is a decent CPU, but it got completely undercut by Ryzen 7 2700X cost-wise, because the cost is 50% higher even with deep discount and you need to shell $100 more for a mobo too.

The one saving grace together with AVX2 is the ability to OC it some, but still, the premium over R7 2700X is just way too high.

Attached: 1526671617772.jpg (966x793, 381K)