Ask an actual factual Google Interviewer anything

Ask an actual factual Google Interviewer anything.

> Yes, I judge how fast you code
> No, I don't care if you have a college degree.

Attached: images.jpg (186x186, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Chiiruno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

r8 my memehub
github.com/Chiiruno

Attached: 1495745479755.png (474x600, 265K)

I am autist and also have some otger disorder. Do i get better chance to get the job?

>github.com/Chiiruno
> allowedTCPPorts
> # Perfect Dark
> 13371

You have chosen wisely.

I have interviewed exactly 1 person with a learning disability. He didn't make it, but he was certainly given a chance.

are you moot

Attached: who.jpg (610x660, 64K)

I am not. moot is a Product Manager, while I am a SWE (Software Engineer).

>we actually know something about moot for the first time in like 2 years
Is he doing well?
Is he happy?

No idea. He's in Jew York, while I'm in Mountain View.

>Jew York
I'm kind of amazed that Jow Forums managed to get into Google. Sugoi user.

Wich OS do you use?
What do you think of the botnet?
What do you think of GNU+Linux?

Can I (subtly) shit on Go in an interview and get away with it ?

Is moot still a faggot ?

How shitty are the non-white devs at google?

I use a custom version of Debian called Rolling Testing
> What do you think of the botnet?
This is a meme by outsiders. People who regularly program are amazed by the fact that any of this shit works at all.

> What do you think of GNU+Linux?
Richard Stallman is a joke. We all call it Linux, as it should be. More important is what version of glibc we use.

Yes, as long as you are up front about it. If you thing that the range variable is new memory, I am going to discount your answer tho.

What do you think of tiling window managers?

How outraged have your colleagues been about the Damore lawsuit?

What do you have to do to get an interview?

Another Google interviewer here.

Go to bed, it's fucking late.

Never met him, but based on the 10 years here, yes.

Asians are pretty low quality. They get their work in, and leave it at that. They never try very hard, and they leave early. Indians Have worse design principals, but they see the thing through. It's an interesting trade off. Honestly, White people have an advantage here because we do such a good job.

can I use go for fubar? Is fubar even worth doing? Is it doable if you don't have a CS degree but can program and have free time due to e.g. unemployment? How long does a fubar invite stay good for?

As another Googler can you tell me how do you deal with the torrents of candidates that can't even write fizzbuzz being dumped on your slate every week?

Do I get bonus points for browsing Jow Forums ?

Post some of the typical questions you ask during an interview.

That's why you hire Japs, not just general Asians.

Attached: 64645801_p0.png (1821x1821, 891K)

uhhh do you use their search history or emails or anything to get an insight into them?

Attached: 1528709419289.jpg (570x479, 21K)

He's not going to do that because that's just going to get the question banned and then we can't use it.

Prove it. Make an iterator of iterators.

Sorry bro, never heard of fubar.

I have a very simple system. I ask for even a minor piece of code. If they choke up in the first 2 minutes, I switch to cr/ and ignore everything else they say. I got shit to do.

That shit is on lock down, no one can touch it. I wouldn't even dare to look up the candidate so it's not construed as being biased.

>Make an iterator of iterators
Formulate your questions properly. I'm a C++ coder.

>I switch to cr/ and ignore everything else they say. I got shit to do.
Am I the only one who doesn't bring their laptop to the interviews? That's mean...

best way to become a millionaire at google?

Attached: lisplogo_256.png (256x223, 37K)

perhaps you mean bar.foo?

Leave at L5 join back at L6

what kind of shit do you ask for people to code? Do you ask to do it in a specific language or some meta pseudo language is fine too?

> Am I the only one who doesn't bring their laptop to the interviews? That's mean...

Some fellas are lucky and some ain't. Impress the hell out of me or don't. I got swig to write.

To be fair, I only do this on phone interviews.

Easy, work there for 3 years.

Yeah, thanks. Don't know what I'd do without 4cham

Are these questions a good start to getting ready for an interview?

Attached: prg.png (1204x2069, 415K)

Is it true all the Chad hardware guys cuck all the software guys in the office?

Is an anime avatar on github can be detrimental to my interview?

I've tried a few of the questions (they give badges for doing it, just like xbox). Seemed reasonable, albeit a bit on the harder side. They're good practice, but not nearly as hard as an interview.

A lot of those questions are pretty bad:
> Difference between address and pointer.
That's a stupid question. Anyone with basic assmebly coding practice will immediately argue the merit of that question and discussion will devolve.

> Find a palindrome.
This is banned, for being too well known. Might work for interviewing at another company.

other way around

Not if I see it. It won't help you though.

All I care about is whether you can code and aren't autistic/can communicate maintain eye contact without shitting the bed mid-interview.

Please for christ sake don't start crying. Just ask for a hint if you're stuck.

What do if get hired and put into group with SJWs b0ss

What the best way to get another person fired and what tricks should I watch out for?

Attached: Alex_Jones_DK_Cover.jpg (915x515, 87K)

How can a SOFTware guy ever strive to cuck a HARDware guy? I heard all the VLSI engineers have a google appointed cuck? Is this true?

Am I more likely to get an interview if I mention I'm gender nonbinary?

I like Japs but they're shitty programmers desu

No Lawl. A huge number of employees have anime avatars.

Where the fuck is you poker face?

It takes about 6 months, but you can change teams.

Best way to get someone else fired is to claim they didn't use your pronouns. /s

Best way to get fired is to:

a) Write a long retarded essay because you listen to Jordan Peterson too much.
b) Make a catchy go/ link for it.
c) Shill out your shitty document for a month on extremely touchy mailing lists.
d) Wait until it hits the meme site and all of the psycho SJWs start amplifying it
e) Make Sundar terminate his personal holiday and get fired by him immediately.
f) ???
g) Profit?

how real is the sjw menace

Have you had to worship any golden dragons or ornate buildings?

> applying sex to computers.
you're going to have a bad time. There are hardware people, but they mainly make network equipment. Also, you need a PhD.

Chinese are very sloppy programmers. Japs are better in comparison.

I failed a whiteboard interview, mainly because I didn't have enough time. Any suggestions besides practice? How likely am I to be given another interview if I already got rejected?

I haven't been interviewing for long and I can't help but feel sorry for the candidates that start losing it. Doesn't change the SNH but you know what I mean.

Get a white board at home, practice writing speed until you can write out a solution almost as fast as you can code.

Explain your code while you write it so we don't have to ask you for an explanation after you write it. Understand complexity of your algorithm while you're writing it so you don't spend 5 minutes afterwards because we WILL ask you that question if you manage to get our question right.

What about all the people that design the chips for googles servers? Aren’t all the software guys forced to do anything the hardware guys ask?

Strong No Hire kek. They key is to realize when people get turned down for an interview, they go to the next company. This results in the bottom of the barrel being the only people looking for jobs. Pretty much everyone but referrals are shitty.

Very real. Get ready to be a liberal if you get hired.

No, only Jeff Dean.

Main thing is being able to respond to criticism. A lot of Google is based on review. They are looking to see how well you can react to being told you are completely wrong. Often, they are right.

Don't listen to that other Googler, we make a lot of awesome shit nowadays not just networking equipment. Anyway it's not that simple and hardware engineers have a shitty ladder to deal with because Google is a software company.

don'y you mind being outsourced to external companies that do even shittier job in it than you?

>They are looking to see how well you can react to being told you are completely wrong
Some people take a sick pleasure in doing this, down to a wall of nits.

>wanting to work at google

Prime sign that you're a shit programmer

This never happens, which is why we're still in business. Outsourcing doesn't work.

The last google guy said that if you get a PhD or MS in digital hardware design and get a job at google I’ll get a software “engineer” to be my appointed cuck and will be making a shit ton of money.

Getting a job in that department is almost impossible.

Be careful googanon I know what you're talking about, but be careful.

I know ;( I don’t wanna be a software cuck I wish I was smart enough to be a hardware chad

How many genders are there?

> How many genders are there?
1. Male
women are property

I have a shit ton of idea about ML/AI. Have decent coding experience, but no formal training otherwise. Are there any creative or directorial roles that Google would hire for when it come to AI specifically?

If you can code you can pretty much gravitate towards whatever you want.
If you can't code you won't even get hired.

What degree of proficiency in coding would you hire someone at on average?

If I get a mad job at Google, you'll make me use Go won't you :(

Can you implement your own B+ tree?

>If I get a mad job at Google, you'll make me use Go won't you :(
I'll make you use C++.

Nope

> > Yes, I judge how fast you code
Why do you care about speed over everything else?

Found the idea guy.

idk where else to ask or look (yet) but would u be able to tell me some of the basics to Jow Forums

if you get to the interview stage with Google then a degree is a given

Would unironically deal with that.

lul you didn’t even get a response

Does proclaiming my love for Stallman and open source hardware hurt my chances?

Why would someone want to work at Google?

Is it just the money? Everything I hear about the engineering practices feel like they are lowest common denominator stuff

How much do you work? I constantly read about people essentially living in their cars just because they work so much they don't have time to go home.
When applying for jobs can you specifically apply for/request a certain area? I think working on Google maps or Google earth would be great

why wouldn't you? if you manage to work with them even for 6 months, even if you hate the job or the company, you now have their name on your CV which means you can leave and get pretty much any job you want.

How redpilled are you on the shitskin invasion of Europe, and the ongoing global genocide of the White Race?

Will your chances of being hired actually go down if you aren’t a PoC or LGBT+?

How does a typical good interview go? How about a bad one?

can you give him a message for us?

Do you filter out incels, do I need to prove that I'm at least gay or have sex with somebody?

yeah, let's write him a message one word at a time!
Dear

Deer

lick

my

CoC

the

end.

JUST

how different is the hiring bar for machine learning people compared to SWE? While I have coding experience I'm not gunna be on top form for all the random data structures

how do you feel your SJW hiring policies are slowly giving google terminal cancer.. ?

Do you ask questions like "how many penises can fit inside Taj Mahal"?