This is now an ancap board

Attached: libertux.png (480x678, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM
subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/comcast
subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/prog.php?parent=verizon-communications
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>claims to be ancap
>doesn't mind that a former corporate lobbyist is running government agency and making decisions that will ultimately land him a job back in the industry again afterwards
>doesn't mind large-scale government subsidies to cable companies and providers
>doesn't mind government regulations the same companies and lobbiest shilled for that effectively raises the barrier of entry so high that no competing company will ever be able to enter the market
>cheers for the destruction of anti-thrust measures in said circumstance

You're not an ancap.

Attached: isp-monpoly2.png (839x1068, 514K)

Oh but I do mind
Im asking for ALL regulations to btfo, not just the ones not favoring IspS

nn is not tecnology.

>Im asking for ALL regulations to btfo, not just the ones not favoring IspS
So why didn't you advocate for the removal of the regulations and subsidies that benefits ISPs, before you cheered the removal of the regulation that only harms their consumers?

Also, why are you cheering for Ajit Pai? He's literally a government agent that will have a high-paid position at either Comcast or Verizon when he finally leaves. This reeks of crony capitalism and corrupt lobbyism.

yurofag here out of the loop
someone pls summarize the whole story with all of that bullshite

I did, too bad everyone was sucking government dick then too

>oh Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner Cable do WHATEVER you want to me
>who cares about protections for the lower classes? I may be middle class, but this doesn't concern me because I'm a "temporarily embarrassed billionaire", I'm going to leave the middle class so bad aspects will soon no longer affect me anyway

Attached: monopoly-capitalist.png (614x374, 56K)

If you're actually an ancap, you would be and would have been advocating for the removal of local legislations that prevent competition in various industries rather than attacking the legislations that are meant to mitigate those other shitty legislations. But you're not going to do that because you're not an ancap, you're a dumbass contrarian that gets too many of his ideas from a website dominated by children.

Objective view:
>ISPs were made into an oligarchy through lobbying and favorable regulations
>Fast forward a bunch of years
>they have gotten a shit ton of money to build "infrastructure" from the govt (which stole it from people via taxation) and spent it on hookers and coke
>They cant support all of the heavy duty services like netflix etc cause they shit that infrastructure money away, and now they throttle netflix etc to make do
>Obama passes regulation that "lmao you cant do that, but also Google etc's bandwidth should be viewed equal to whoever else's (ie they cant prioritize you with a much lighter bandwidth)
>Which means that they either have to drop customers, or build better infrastructure by raising prices (like hell they'd pay from their pockets)
>Obama era ends
>Intense ISP vs Internet megacorp lobbying
>ISP lobbying wins
>NN repealed
now for the earlier regulation shitting get repealed, hopefully

See
Its my view on things

continuing onto this
EU made GDPR which basically controls how corporations fuck you in the ass with data
edgy contrarians confused that with another bill they are trying to pass which implements link tax to copyrighted content

I doubt anyone ever confused it, its just classic libertbros being against more regulations

>NN repealed
and what are the outcomes? are you getting those meme packets and shit?

Nah im also European
I doubt anyone will pull anything for at least 2 years, we will see after that

During the 90s, cable companies saw that there was a potential market in being an ISP, so they lobbied hard for changing regulations that basically over night forced existing ISPs out of the market and allowed cable companies to hijack existing customers.

Verizon, AT&T and Comcast and other ISPs have over the years tried different jewish tactics to try to extort more money out of both customers and other companies that rely on infrastructure, see for example how Comcast has blocked P2P traffic in the past, how Comcast throttled Netflix, how Verizon settled a lawsuit regarding censorship and blocking of VoIP etc.

FCC, under the Obama administration, gets fed up with this kind of bullshit. Since congress and senate is controlled by cutthroat business people (republicans) that fuck every attempt at antitrust regulation over, they decide instead that ISPs should be defined as "common carriers" (existing regulation that prevents mail companies from fucking over your letters and refusing you service or charging different prices etc).

Fast forward to last year. Trump wins election. Former Verizon lawyer and lobbyist, Ajit Pai, is appointed by Trump, Trump is obsessed with removing Obama's "muh legacy".

Ajit Pai basically dismantles the FCC entirely, and removes the common carrier regulation (aka Title II). ISPs are now free to charge money for "fast tracks", throttle Google and Netflix if they don't want to pay extortion money, and basically racketeer as much as possible.

First, you're wrong, see above.

Secondly, these Internet megacorps you keep talking about actually make LESS money than ISPs.

Alphabet Inc.'s revenue in 2017: $110 billion
Facebook: $40 billion
Netflix's revenue in 2017: $11 billion

Time Warner Cable (soon to be merged with Comcast) revenue: $11 billion
Comcast: $84 billion
AT&T: $160 billion
Verizon Communications: $126 billion

So please tell me more about how these poor ISPs were exploited by Internet megacorps.

>who cares about protections for the lower classes?
I certainly don't. We need less niggers, communists and women online.

>They cant support all of the heavy duty services like netflix
That is incorrect. Netflix was forced to give in to the terms set by various ISPs because NN was not in place at that time. I don't know what the contents of those contracts say, but I do know that Netflix offered to provide and maintain caching servers so that the ISPs wouldn't have to worry about the loads. The ISPs refused because infrastructure is a scapegoat. Did you not notice that as soon as NN was passed, nobody was bitching about their infrastructure anymore? You must be just pretending to know what you're talking about.

>now for the earlier regulation shitting get repealed, hopefully
You are an idiot. Repealing NN was bad for everyone other than ISPs. For it to be a good thing, ALL the regulations had to go at the same time. You seem to be missing that everyone who is disagreeing with you is pointing out that NN was protecting against other regulations that the fed didn't have control over. Let me make an analogy: if you've ever done first aid training, you know that if someone gets some kind of puncture wound and the item that made the wound is embedded in their body, you shouldn't remove it until you're prepared to stop the bleeding. This is a similar situation.

>Its my view on things
What you meant to say is "beliefs" because they're more religious in nature than reasoned.

Im nit saying they were exploited nor that they are smaller, im saying that more regulation does NOT cancel out the regulation that fucked things up in the first place, and there are countless sources on that, one of which being the great depression

Well in this case you're bleeding, so you might aswell decide to cauterize the wound
aka yeah rip out every other regulation in existence

>im saying that more regulation does NOT cancel out the regulation that fucked things up in the first place
It was aimed at combating the unfair advantage ISPs had as receivers of subsidies and owners of infrastructure (basically having a monopoly on infrastructure in most parts of the country, see map in ).

Title II is not some insane government overreach, like you are suggesting. It simply defined ISPs as common carriers, something you apparently have no problem with accepting when it comes to postal services and utilities.

If you think that common carriers violate your ancap beliefs, then you should also believe that your supplier of heat, electricity and water should also be able to throttle your power during "peak hours", charge more money for water during certain hours etc.

s/ISPs/cable companies/

But ofcourse they should be able to, its their service
Whether or not I agree to it ethically or change a provider is another thing

Did you just do a regex substitute command?

That's the point, you dipshit, repealing NN by itself is the equivalent of ripping a piece of iron rebar out of your arm like a retard with no plan whatsoever for medical attention.

>But ofcourse they should be able to, its their service
It's only their service because regulations prevent me from pumping water from the lake and selling it to the town I live in. Unless everyone is free to pump their own water, there must be regulations in place to prevent a single actor or a cartel of actors to extort everyone else.

Summer Jow Forums fucking sucks ass.

that's why im against all regulations friendo
Any start is a good start

>still believing capitalism has a future for long
>not believing we're in late stage capitalism

Capitalism, a system that centers around the exclusive ownership of the means of production, has always relied on working class employment to keep the system stable. However, in the future, mass-automation will make most of their jobs obsolete causing working class unemployment to skyrocket. Minimum wage doesn't matter; even with a zero minimum wage, we are fast approaching the point where it will cost significantly less and be significantly more profitable to have working robots than humans; robots don't have kids to take care of, don't get colds, don't take vacations, work uninterrupted 24/7 shifts, etc. In our profit-driven economy, this is irresistible heavenly nectar to top-level management.

Without an alternative income source, the working class will not be able to feed their families or pay their mortgage. Not only does this mean vastly reduced profits for companies since the working class' buying power is dramatically reduced, but this will also result in a societal collapse as their anger and desperation from mass unemployment accumulate into one collectivized boiling point causing an uprising against the owners of the means of production.

The only way to prevent such an radical uprising would be a universal basic income, but this will radically reshape our perception of the work-to-live paradigm that fuels capitalism as it currently is.

Either way, it doesn't look good for capitalism.

Attached: mcdonalds-automated-cashier.jpg (750x563, 85K)

>Any start is a good start
That's wrong. Removing regulations that prevent or minimises the negative consequences of other regulations is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun to kill the mosquito sucking blood from it.

>This is now an ancap board
Exclusively paid access when?

Soon I hope

nobody cares you communist faggot. fuck off back to cripplechan.

>universal basic income
And how will that be paid for?

Invading african and middle eastern countries and stealing their natural resources.

>Im asking for ALL regulations to btfo
that is how you end up with monopoly raep

He's an ancap, he probably doesn't mind monopolies.

Which also costs a ton of money and results in unnecessary lives risked and/or killed

>don't bring facts into my ideology111!!!!!!

>predator drones cost a lot of money and result in unnecessary lives being risked
kek, okay

Attached: amerikunts.jpg (450x450, 28K)

Why do you think we keep invading small countries all the time?

Sick and tired of politicians dicking around in the middle east

Then maybe stop voting for religious fanatics that keep sending billions of tax payer money to finance war-mongering nations like Israel and Saudi-Arabia.

You're making the implication that "secular" fanatics aren't also going to spend billions in the middle east for the hell of it

>communism
>facts
lolz

You're an idiot

Free market solves all of this. You have the free market now. Stop spreading the lies.

The US has GDPR?
The EU still has net neutrality and GDPR.

>Now NOTHING shall stand in our way. Thank you, "free market" supporters!

Attached: att-mordor-sauron.jpg (500x587, 58K)

Obama, arguably a closet atheist, reduced military presence in the middle east, and instead used tactical drone strikes to take out insurgents and terrorists instead.

virgin free market BTFO
chad corporations FTW
this is now a neoliberal board

Attached: Friedrich_Hayek_portrait.jpg (168x218, 34K)

Obama is responsible for the existence of ISIS and has killed so many civilians with drones it isn't even funny. He's got more blood on his hands than bush wished he could have gotten.

Cable companies are heavily subsidised, how is that a free market?

>The only way to prevent such an radical uprising would be a universal basic income, but this will radically reshape our perception of the work-to-live paradigm that fuels capitalism as it currently is.
>Either way, it doesn't look good for capitalism.
It's all good and stuff. But let's be honest, capitalism is the only way we could achieve something like universal basic income in the nearest future.

Got any proof of that or are you just spouting bullshit? Fuck off snowflake.

>>universal basic income
>And how will that be paid for?
taxing the company which has robot labor force

>Obama is responsible for the existence of ISIS
Lol, okay. You're one of those.

>and has killed so many civilians with drones
No one cares, Ahmed. If you don't want to get btfo'd by a predator drone, maybe stop teaching your kids the ways of jihad.

What if the company prefers not paying for other people's gibmedats and leaves the country?
Obviously this is a 100% SciFi scenario as no company would ever do that

>Unlawful death of civilians and further erosion of constitutional rights and further encouraging racial tension is okay when we do

youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM
Its nearly 3 hours long but it happens to be the BEST tldr as far as middle east goes by a MILE

>be communist
>believe Jewish lies
>build theoretical castle in the sky
>attempt real word application, get fucked by human nature and (((bolsheviks)))
>it wasn't real communism / repeat

>be libertarian
>believe Jewish lies
>build theoretical castle in the sky
>attempt real word application, get fucked by (((corporations))) and human nature
>it wasn't real anarchism / repeat

Attached: 1385854051677.png (560x407, 11K)

this

>Got any proof of that or are you just spouting bullshit?
subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/comcast

subsidytracker.goodjobsfirst.org/prog.php?parent=verizon-communications

Enjoy no roads

>be murderous terrorist
>plot to drive truck at high speed down a shopping street and shoot up a stadium
>"i'm an innocent civillian"

You are retarded and that point is so fucking far away its insane. When machines can produce for most people and they don't have to work then yes sure they may be a universal basic income. That is very very far away and at that point money won't even matter things will just be plentiful. But by far away I mean it is still in the realm of sci fi

Attached: Dominos_Pizza_Paving_for_Pizza_Steamroller.jpg (800x450, 89K)

B A S E D

>Obama sponsors CIA false flag terrorist attacks
>Hey man, maybe we should take away more of our rights to be safe

LOL ancaps are the absolute dumbest people alive. You're like libertarians that had a lobotomy and then another lobotomy

Hey CIA, this guy doesnt appreciate your work in the Sandbox

stay hungry commie shitter.

Cool ad campaign.

too bad that the world is moving towards either a cyberpunk oligarchy dystopia, or an ancap paradise
Pick one faggot

i unironically agree.

You can't have it both ways. Either Obama is actually killing suspected terrorists, or he is false flagging attacks on US soil. He can't be doing both things.

Terrorists that he and his cronies have been controlling along with anyone else that know too much

Curtis is probably the best documentarian to live
If you haven't seen It felt like a kiss, you'll love it
t. artfag

Ive seen most of his work
>the parts with the Kennedy assassination
I never thought a doc could ever be so comfy

So they're not innocent civilians after all then? And their killings do not actually encourage tension.

It's been both. The CIA controls terrorist cells and also kills those who have been a thorn in their side for too long

Remember Saddam?
This guy's link explains it all so well

Saddam wasn't killed during Obama though. If killing Saddam caused ISIS, then surely Bush is to blame.

No Saddam wasn't ever a threat either, just watch the doc at some point, you wont regret it
He was literally a supervillain created by the US

>No Saddam wasn't ever a threat either
>He was literally a supervillain created by the US
Yeah, tell that to the Kurds and to Iranians though.

that's because the US covered up Syria's shit with Saddam
Again, just watch the doc

>Saddam didn't actually gas 200-250,000 kurds to death because this doc says so
>Saddam didn't try to invade Qatar
>The Iraq-Iranian war never happened
Okay.

>Be libertarian
>Overthrow government
>Corporations use their resources to buttfuck the average consumer at an unimaginable level
>It's okay, at least we're FREE(tm)

Im not saying he didnt do anything, im saying he didnt do most of it
But then again you've only heard,1 (one) side of the argument
Im just asking you to hear the second one too

Is the planet running low on Kurds somehow?

>Im asking for ALL regulations to btfo

Including antitrust regulations that prevent monopolies from forming and prices from being fixed?

Attached: ATT%20Logo_0.png?h=32b2e78f&itok=zih0j-52.png (205x205, 8K)

There's too many suspicious coincidences involving the clintons who are very good friends with the obama family and the CIA. Terry was right they really do glow in the dark.

Attached: 1518409029320.jpg (1188x2346, 710K)

Actually, I was born in Iraq and my parents had to flee from political persecution under Saddam, so yeah, I do know what happened.

Make jokes if you want, but it's still genocide. Ask the jews, they built their own nation on two of them.

Yes

What about the two Iran-Contras fellows that are currently best buddies with Trump?

>Saddam
Fuck me up the ass I just realized im a retard and you are 100% right
I meant gadaffi
Sorry user it's too early

Attached: lie.jpg (200x303, 10K)

>t. a basement dwelling 12 year old who doesn't have to pay bills

Yeah come back when you have a job

But im 28 and I have a job
Granted, I live in a literal hole and barely make ends meet, but I sincerely believe what im saying