Budget JewTube gear

The thought of make an YouTube channel is floating in my head for some time, but idk where to start, what I need. I think that the minimum gear requested is camera, a mic and some lights. What I want to do is something like mini educational videos about law and rights, where I am like the presentator and narrator. I want to go to something like a mini documental. But idk nothing about editing, about formats, about how to make people to see your videos, where to fin music, etc.

So, lets make a thread about how to make, maintain and improve an YouTube channel. Any tips, resources or whatever is welcome.

Attached: 12-video-making-tools-to-make-your-videos-look-professional-entrepreneurship-millennials-startups-10 (1021x470, 56K)

fuck jewtube. host your videos yourself om your own shitserver

Just start making videos with your phone camera. If you like making videos and you get actual viewers then buy dedicated camera gear

>I wanna be a mathematician but I can't count, please teach me

That's how dumb you sound.

>Camera
Basically any DSLR is fine. A good one to start with is a Canon EOS 600D. Make sure to get magic lantern on there in case you need to run a shotgun mic with it so you can turn down levels to minimize background noise and other stuff.
>Mic
Depending on what you're trying to do you probably want a shotgun mic for anything that's relatively mobile. The low-budget rode ones aren't the greatest but better than nothing for a small amount of money.
For more static stuff (i.e. you just sitting at your desk), the blue yeti usb mics are a meme but they're the best ones in that price range. Record that stuff with Audacity or Adobe audition and look into how to do noise reduction. Your viewers will thank you for that.
>Software
For the beginning, pirate Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. DaVinci Resolve is cool too but I don't have a lot of experience with it so I can't really recommend it.
Look into YouTube tutorials for what you're trying to do and copy that stuff.
You'll probably want Photoshop too for anything that requires some image manipulation.
>Music
Incompetech is a huge meme but still good for your first videos.
>Make people see your videos
Idk man

Counting isn't necessary for math

That is what I first thought. Want to start at 1080p60.

>Canon EOS 600D
Shit, anything out of a cheap chinese action cam is waaay far from my budget.

What about a personal mic? those that you put in your collar. Also how those mic function? I mean it nead something to record what the mic chatch, right?

Anyone with a decent phone and a gyro can make decent enough video for youtube.

Content is the most important thing, next is audio, then video.

Youtube compresses everything to shit anyways, so you don't need over the top hardware to look decent.

get some lights and figure out good amateur lighting through trial and error, then you can safely use phone camera, just with bit of digital zoom so you won't use 8mm focal length for face shots

i have no idea how to become youtuber, but basic /p/ stuff can be with stuff you probably already have at home. good sound might be bit of a problem though

How do you get good audio?

Attached: f05[1].png (5000x5000, 412K)

Bump

Turn on webcam, start talking about shit you know, no matter how stupid or "common knowledge" you think it is. A lot of popular Youtube channels literally started that way. (MKBHD comes to mind. Try looking at his earliest videos.) And don't fret over getting the "perfect" gear to start, or else you will never start. Review some reccomendations you get here, pick one, and make the most out of it.

>I want to go to something like a mini documental.
Do your research first and plan out your video. Script out what you say, plan what visuals you intend to insert. If you just ramble and later trim out the pauses and "ums" leaving a jump-cut style video, I'll personally hunt you down and punch you in the nuts.

>idk nothing about editing, about formats,...
There's no getting around not learning editing. I learned what I know from a classroom, so I can't readily point to any videos or channels to teach yout that, but I'm sure they're out there, or hit the library for some "dummies" book to learn the principles.
Don't worry about formats, most editors now have presets that'll take care of that for you.
Getting people to watch your stuff, just make quailty videos. I suppose you could pay for some kind of promotion, but if your videos suck, people won't stay.

Are there any channels you currently enjoy? You can try emulating their style.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 43K)

thinkingface.jpg

>how do i make people watch my videos
1. Ask a few friends to click on it and then click close to the end of video, the moment you posted your video.
2.Rickroll some faggots to your link
3.Name the video “5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Visit Deep Web”

pic unrelated is my first meme

Attached: 38D63E98-CECF-4276-8A4D-1489776E69D7.jpg (884x500, 137K)

>Shit, anything out of a cheap chinese action cam is waaay far from my budget.

You can pick up an older model Micro Four-thirds camera for under $100.
Olympus PEN or Panasonic Lumix GF, though the Lumix doesn't have the option for external mics. And you can adapt manual camera lenses to it for cheap; you'll have to manually focus, but if you're just sitting in a room talking, just set the camera once and you're good. Or get a kit lens for those cameras, which shouldn't cost you more than $50.

>What about a personal mic?
What do you plan to do? Sit at your computer and talk your mind? Present from some kind of set?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

I have a smallish youtube channel and it's run entirely from my iPhone SE.

Good info dude, and I want to go full script to avoid those "um" and pauses.

>What do you plan to do? Sit at your computer and talk your mind? Present from some kind of set?
I think that I want to make a presentation, probably sitting in my room or my office. Then I want to narrate the script while I show relatable images and videos, tables, diagrams, etc. Also probably I want to interview people later on.

Care to share it? I want to see what can I achive with an smarphone camera.

Also, put more into your personal appearance than your setup. Being fat or ugly is a good way to be disregarded even faster than having subpar audio or visual production (to a point).

Another thing you should do first is some hangouts or Skype calls with friends to get an assessment of your voice, speaking quality (stuttering, slurring, heavy accent, uhhhhs), and get them under control if you need to.

>care to share
Hell no. The very last kind of publicity I want is Jow Forums. But good luck dude.

Oh lucky me, I am not that bad looking

Oh came on dude, share it for a couple of secs and then delete the post. Or idk, send me the url to my mail?

A lavalier (clip on) mic should be fine, and since you're presenting, having it appear on camera isn't an issue. Record to an external recorder (Tascam, Zoom) and sync the audio with the video when you edit (it's simple to do.)

You might also want to skim through the video general thread on /p/
Though they're probably have film making more in mind, and you might walk away with more questions than answers.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

Alright, post a legit email and I'll send you a link.

codex.bis.88 at gmail.