XPS 13 - Experiences

Anyone here has an xps 13 and uses it for programming. What your experience with it?
Hows the keyborad?
Is the screen big enough?
etc..

Attached: dell-xps-13-hero.jpg (1600x1200, 280K)

Its great, best windows machine on the planet. Screen is fantastic and has a good form factor - i.e 13" screen in a 11" frame. Keyboard is fantastic, going strong with 2 years of non stop use.

How is it for running Linux?

Surface Book 2 beats it and is in the same, ridiculous price range.

However XPS looks way better.

>Is the screen big enough?
Their FHD screens are always subpar to the 4K ones. And I'm not even talking about ditching the touchscreen for FHD. Check any comparative reviews, there's always a lot of moaning about FHD option being worse than 4K. And obviously 4K is idiotic for a 13" laptop or any laptop really.

How is it with linux?
Does it have some known hardware problems?

Professional developers use the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display instead.

I don't want a glossy screen reflects my face while I am looking at it.

Kek I don't even know which is glossy and which isn't. I'm talking about different panel suppliers for FHD and 4K.

You have to realise that Dell doesn't treat these as two equally good options to let you choose your preferred resolution. This is a price leverage. You pay premium, you get the premium display that happens to be 4K, becuase 'muh numbers game'. You're a cheap bastard that tries to cut on costs, you get the subpar FHD display which in Dell's marketing shilling is 'antiquated shit for poor fucks which should get punished with a worse quality'.

I mean fuuuuck, guys this is marketing 101.

More like Apple FagBook Pro with Lesbian Display

Had it from my old job. It was pretty good desu

Interesting. Last year I checked on ebay the FHD one are always more expensive than the QHD one.

>Surface Book2
>the only plus on ifixit is that the SSD isn't soldered to the motherboard
No, don't do it. Unless you're Cali trash who buys new laptops every other year or don't mind paying exorbitant sums to repair shops just to dust out fans and replace thermal grease to stop it from throttling (that much)

>daily reminder that 99.9% people who buy XPS laptops wouldn't EVER fix/mod them either.

Maybe because people realise that apart from looking super crisp for the first minute, 4K squeezed into 13" is an abhorrently retarded idea.

>but hey my photoshop canvas is sooo huuuuge

No, designers don't like it either. They don't want to search for buttons with a microscope.

nice bait

Third’ing this

just pic rel

Attached: YOUTUBE_IT.jpg (874x1205, 652K)

>implying I trust jewtubers as much as I trust Jow Forumsentoomen

not even yourself

it's perfectly good, i've run practically all the distros on it, currently using Void, though