Can we talk about computer chairs Jow Forums?

Can we talk about computer chairs Jow Forums?

What's the best chair for someone who works (as in, a salaried job) from home all day? My current one is falling apart.

Attached: officechairs.jpg (1024x512, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WfM8ZfELNSc
slickdeals.net/article/news/hands-on-with-secretlab-gaming-chairs-omega-and-titan/
productreview.com.au/p/secretlab-omega.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get one that is comfortable.

Don't get one that is comfortable.

Fuck off.

Don't buy one of those high end office chairs (Aeron/Steelcase etc.) if you can't sit in one before you buy

Not that big of a deal if the retailer has free returns with free return shipping. I ordered a Steelcase Gesture and loved it but the seat bottom was not even so I RMAed it to Steelcase.

Going to reorder it in the headrest version.

Trying it in person is better if at all feasible but sitting in a chair for 5-10 minutes is very different from using it 8 hours a day for a week or more.

definitely get a dxracer :)

I was going to buy a Markus from Ikea this weekend but those swedish kikes raised the price by $30

Markus owner here.
Its main problem are the non-adjustable arm rests. Unless you happen to be the exact height for which the fixed arm rests are designed, it's not going to be a perfect fit

In India I buy chair for 800 rupees or 12$

stop sitting and start squatting like a real human bean

markus kills your back

Do you poo in it?

I got the meme embody and it's gr8

I read some really bad reviews of it, including that it's basically only comfortable in an upright position, that it squeaks like hell, and that the spikes dig into your pelvic region if you recline regularly.

Getting a secret lab omega chair once my rooms built, anything I should know or any other chair I should be choosing instead??

inb4 "hurr durr herman miller"

opinion or do you have proof?

A zabuton

markus owner here, my back is fine lol

no lower back support, people having pains after few months, check google

what are you trying to do with it and are you experiencing pain

the "meme" herman miller and steelcase chairs generally are friendlier to upright postures with proper ergonomics for attentive sitting. if you are going to lean back and recline, it varies. certain chairs like the steelcase gesture are friendlier towards leaning back.

have you had durability issues, either in chair alignment, leather/pleather stretching or tearing, etc. in the past? steelcase/HM and similar manufacturers are much more durable.

do you get up and move around? memory foam is great but it can compress over time and takes a position with temp which leads to you not moving around.

aeron or leap are great because they can clear out for $300 or less used when offices dispose of furniture, that's sans warranty but they're built pretty well. of course, comfort is subjective, but you can generally resell those chairs for the price you bought them for used if you do so. just might want to steam any used chair with fabric.

if you're not willing to buy used, if you have pain a higher end chair is worth considering, if not, look on the lower end like Secret Labs (better than your average OfficeMax special for sure).

IKEA Markus

Those gaymer chairs are actually the most comfy by far.

no, that's what your mom is for :^)

You don't make a claim and then ask people to google it. That said, doesn't the Markus specifically have some weird thing for back support?

Lazy boy with swivel base. Not even meming. Once you go recliner you can never go back.

> if you have pain a higher end chair is worth considering

I tend to get up and walk around every 30 minutes to an hour depending what I'm doing both at work and at home as well as standing so I tend to have no pain or any other issues.

I thought as much with the Secret Lab that it's not going to cure anything but is gunna be a decent mid tier chair. Are there any others around the Omega price range that are the same or better than the Omega? Only settling on the Omega as the looks as well as the reviews but that was half a year ago and I don't know if anything else is out there by now

its inadequate atleast

Attached: 1513991198596.jpg (2863x1520, 648K)

Different guy, office chairs are subjective as fuck. Some people complain that the Herman Miller embody digs into their pelvis when they lean back, other people say it's the best thing since sliced bread. Others say the Steelcase Gesture is fucking amazing, others prefer the Leap or other chairs yet.

The main complaints I've observed of the Markus is that the armrests do not adjust in height and are relatively low (generally making them too low to support your arms when using a keyboard tray or keyboard on a desk surface level) and that smaller people feel dwarfed in the chair.

The back is also very firm and not adjustable, which (depending on your height) can cause you to lean forward to avoid the headrest digging into your shoulders, which means then you don't have the back support. If you could adjust the head support/back/etc. to any degree you can make things work if you don't perfectly match the height of the chair.

This is why buying a chair is hard though, human beings are not built completely equally in how we work or how long or posture or height, etc. - so hopping around chairs in a store doesn't really tell us much.

Relevant:
youtu.be/WfM8ZfELNSc

>I thought as much with the Secret Lab that it's not going to cure anything but is gunna be a decent mid tier chair. Are there any others around the Omega price range that are the same or better than the Omega?
not that I'm aware, the reviews seem pretty favorable.

If you're trying to have a comfy chair to sit back and relax in then the Omega is probably good, if you want to keep the budget the same then I would look for used Herman Miller Mirra 2 or Aeron, or Steelcase Leap/Gesture, these go on sale for $300 used and if you don't find them comfortable after sitting down you can flip them.

if you buy on a credit card like the citi doublecash that adds two years to the warranty and then you run into an issue the secret lab seems like a good bet

the issue where secretlabs seemingly can fuck you is if you actually incur any problem with the chair.

let's say you don't like the chair. they hit you with a 20% restock, plus up to another 20% if they feel like it. then you have to pay to ship the chair back, which can cost.

so basically, you can pay $319, dislike the chair, and then end up getting $191.40 back (40% off for "damage" plus the restock) and then pay another $60-$100 for return shipping. makes you a lot more likely to not want to return the chair.

if you have a problem that requires repair (by them at their facilities) or to ship parts, secret labs warranty terms are that you are responsible as a consumer for shipping

here
fine, you say that a steelcase gesture (or similar chair) is 3x the price. yes and no.
1) if you buy it used, you buy it without warranty, but they make these things to survive a 12 year warranty, so chairs from H&M and Steelcase are generally tanks. so long as the chair is in good shape when you get it and sell it, if you buy and sell used you generally can recoup the purchase price of the chair.

2) if you choose to buy new it can be 3x the price, but they will either send somebody to your house or pay to have the chair shipped back to them for repair. if you buy new from a dealer, they will generally loan you a chair in the meantime while your existing chair si being repaired. if you buy new and don't like the chair within 30 days, returns are generally free - including if you bought on the internet, the cost of return shipping.

if you're looking to get a similar chair and have a costco membership, or know someone with one who can buy you a gift card (gift card purchases don't require membership for the recipient), you can get a la-z boy executive chair for $300 or less. now the benefit here is if the chair falls apart, costco's return policy on most non-electronic items is whatever you want, regardless of condition. keep the receipt and bring the chair back three years later and you can get your money back.

reading the comments below on secretlabs
slickdeals.net/article/news/hands-on-with-secretlab-gaming-chairs-omega-and-titan/

>I had the Titan and sold it within a week at a hundred dollar loss. First, it was PU leather, which is NOT real leather and will peel eventually. The company didn't really disclose this fact in the advertising, my fault for not doing my homework. Second, they use a high VOC cheap foam which gave me an instant and debilitating headache. The smell would fill my entire room making the room and the chair unusable. Third, zero return policy under the guise that the US is only a test market, that's BS IMO.

here
productreview.com.au/p/secretlab-omega.html

basically, omega uses the same TPU leather as a Titan chair. really cheap bonded leather

if you have had pleather/bonded leather chairs before and ventilation/wear & tear/flaking have not been issues, then you'll probably be happy with the chair

if you aren't, you're basically going to end up in a situation where returning it is a morton's fork: keep a chair you dislike or pay a shitload to get it fixed/returned.

i'm not telling you to buy a steelcase or an herman miller or la-z boy or anything. just consider how much you like a chair before you've bought it, how much you're willing to spend, and how easy/under what terms you can return the chair. whether or not a chair is expensive, if you can return it easily and inexpensively for free/low cost you have a lot lower chance of regret. either you're happy with the chair or you can recoup most/all of your money for it.

Something very comfy I guess.

Attached: Allerliebste Fläusche im neuen Stuhl.jpg (3840x2160, 1.64M)