250 production run

>250 production run
>only 90 remaining in the world

why haven't you bought the most beautiful case in the world?

Attached: c42f631b93a5eee1e336f8648b5c0003.jpg (1355x900, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

formfactors.org/developer\specs\atx2_2.pdf
reddit.com/r/AskEngineers/comments/4b5jir/people_say_chinese_steel_is_poor_quality_what/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>reddit space
Because I'm not falling for the kike scam

Sales slower than expected, lad?

why on earth is the mobo upside down?

>upside down trash
no thanks

>>only 90 remaining in the world
>why haven't you bought the most beautiful case in the world?
you answered your own question

For maximum velocydancity

Attached: wut.jpg (4457x3950, 1M)

Abee Enclosures are nicer and more exclusive desu

Are those LEGO pins on the ram?

why would you buy a steel case I got this in 2002 full aluminum.

Attached: 11-112-024-26.jpg (640x480, 17K)

abee and windy cases absolute shit compared to the murderbox. The murderbox has no equal. To top it off production started back in 2012 and eight fucking years later *still* nothing compares.

These are the guys who started sleeving and hardline tubing. It's like what normies believed what Steve Jobs to be except it isn't a scam.

>bent aluminum sheets on a frame
Who extrusion master race here?

Attached: z.jpg (2564x1028, 239K)

>aluminum chassis
>advertises itself as "minimalistic" instead of "minimalist"
>not even that minimalist
>fuckheug
>glass windows so u can c mobo XDDD
>meme "addons" that overcomplicate the chassis for little to no added benefit
I'll stick with my Cerberus, thanks.

Attached: perfection.jpg (1024x1024, 165K)

You know what else is made of cheap steel and powder coated? Walmart bicycles.

Anyone else think ATX is kind of a shitty standard?
>completely random proportions and size
>super huge everything for no reason
>power connections are XBOXHUGE for no reason, made of super sharp plastic to cut their users, and bend PCBs when plugging/unplugging them
>placement of literally anything on the board is basically unstandardized, just "do whatever lmao"
>no defined "keep out zone" for any component, just "the socket manufacturer will figure it out lmao"
>no defined mounting points for anything on the board, just randomly placed mounting points for the board itself, leading to massive lack of standardization (and therefore price hikes and lack of flexibility) for things which range from blocks of metal (heatsinks, mono blocks) to (relatively) complex machinery (pumps, fans, etc)
>despite all this "flexibility" (non-standardization), the standard remains actively hostile to small form factor builds, with no horizontal layout options, no compacting of components allowed

>No LEDs
>No branding
>No stickers
This is a toddlers case

Windowed cases are cancer.

I don't get where the "cheap steel" meme comes from. Steel is cheap because it's common, but it's not common because it's just what happens to be cheapest (like aluminum), it's common because it's good at what it does and made from plentiful materials (iron, carbon).
It's stronger than aluminum, allowing it to be thinner/lighter for the same structural stability, and it's a much more mature material (manufacturing is more precise for less money). There's nothing but advantages to using steel (stainless, galvanized, etc) for cases but instead we're stuck on this """premium""" flimsy, shitty, heavy aluminum meme. Steel is cheaper and better in every category, but it is, for some godforsaken reason, a dirty word in computing.

While it may appear to be randomly placed to a retard like you, every trace is precisely measured and manufactured to cpu spec. Even a slightly longer off spec trace will impact the timings of the cpu and render the system inoperable.

Not a specific motherboard, you gibbering monkey-faced retard, the ATX spec. This shit:
formfactors.org/developer\specs\atx2_2.pdf
This shit is completely random and wasn't "designed with intent" insomuch as it was "RNG'd until something somewhat workable came out." The only reason we're on that standard at all is because Intlel pushed it so hard in the 90's. It's a terrible spec, encouraging terrible design around it, and it should be burned.

>steel is lighter than aluminum
Found the retard.

You need 6-8mm aluminum sheets for the case to be as sturdy as any decent 1mm steel one. Both overpriced 2-3mm Lian Li and 0.6mm chink steel boxes are bending rattling shit.

Because I got this one.

Attached: fractal-design-define-r6-models.jpg (1180x997, 342K)

Do a mni ITX build next time?

But that's even worse
>M.2 on the rear side

best looking case ever, right here

Attached: Screenshot_20180612-225338__01.jpg (1080x600, 181K)

mITX is better, yes, but it still carries the problems like lack of standardization on keep-out-zones etc for CPUs and a lack of horizontal options.

Then why do airplanes, smartphones, and macbooks use aluminum and not steel?

>why haven't you bought the most beautiful case in the world?
But I have

Attached: Lian Li PC-Y6.jpg (1000x1000, 145K)

God that thing is stupid, at least the Linus video was funny

>?

Attached: lian-li-boat-625x350.jpg (625x350, 36K)

I'm on a boat, motherfucker.
Also, choo-choo case was better.

>smartphones, and macbooks
They aren't meant to be durable. They're meant to be manufactured cheaply.
>airplanes
Aluminum happens to be good for them because wings etc don't need to be *strong* as much as they need to be *flexible.* So, you can slap shitty, thin, aluminum on a wing, and it's fine, because it'll be able to bend properly while still snapping back in place.

Computers need to be solid, inflexible, everything an airplane isn't. Titanium is the best for this, but it's also super goddamn expensive ($25.5/lb vs Steel's $0.5/lb, and 50 cent steel is the high end stuff). Aluminum is $2/lb, but even if its specific strength is slightly higher, it's still more flexible than steel, making it worse for long term use in a computer case. Heat and stress from being removed and put back on warp aluminum very easily, where steel remains exactly the same shape no matter how hot your computer can get, and won't warp when you remove and add back a panel.
For specific alloys, the Cerberus uses ASTM-A-653 galvanized steel, a high-stiffness steel which enjoys high strength/density ratios with very stiff structures. It's a really damn good steel for case design, probably the best possible.

And then you wake up and realize your steel sidepanel flexes and warps like a piece of paper and over time wear points will chip the shitty power coating exposing the steel underneath for it to rust and slowly flake away.

Oh and it looks and feel like shit.

>warps
proof_chicken.jpg
>chips
proof_chicken_intense.jpg
>rust
it's galvanized steel. Good luck getting that to rust.

Attached: 88EA1789-D531-4993-99E4-0EF8BEF1EB85.jpg (1600x1642, 1.43M)

>most beautiful case in the world
I find women beautiful.

Attached: supermega.jpg (350x350, 26K)

Hah, gay.

>Who extrusion master race here?
nigger master race case.
Nothing spells nerd ghetto, than a riced case.

>ATX
No thanks. Just a waste of space, specially with tech reaching the absolute limits of Moore's law, where the only route now is going smaller, but not necessarily better.

i accidentally broke several small transistor thingies off of my lenovo d30 motherboard, and it still fucking worked, albeit only one cpu socket, and 5 random ram slots.

titanium is in no way superior to steel except in weight. and there are light steels that have more strength than a computer case needs.

>Moore's law
which revision?
..because he changed his mind from interview to interview and from publication to publication.

holy shit what is this case?

In a lot of ways the MBX is inferior to the Temjin

I tried to delid my i5 when delidding first came out and I fucking CRACKED the die. Some small chunks of it fell out.

I put it back into the socket and it still worked, only some ram wasn't detected and the system wasn't very stable. Shits weird.

suck it pcfags

Attached: MacPro.jpg (275x320, 33K)

yeah. you'd think this shit would be cut and dry, but it seems as though that's not the case.

our boy all grown up

Attached: mkii_2018_22.jpg (1355x900, 331K)

oh fug i want one

my itx cases are too small for what i want to do next (matx threadripper)

Made by lian li

>door on the front
I’d knock all the piss bottles off of my desk every time I needed to insert or remove a disc.

Looks like overpriced shit

Oh hey, same here. Going to go with the X399M Taichi + 32c TR2 + LiqTech TR4 240 (or 280, if it can fit with power button connections at the bottom of the motherboard).
That's why I got my Cerberus, for mATX TR2. Shame I missed the Ecru Beige price cut by a few days, since that's the color I got.

Attached: other_side.jpg (1024x1024, 109K)

>galvanized steel
that's just zinc plated steel dude. it will rust just the same eventually. my last volvo's bodywork was galvanized steel, and while it didn't rust as much as some cars, it did eventually rust. stainless, you may have a point but not galvanized

my r6 blackout just came in today, replacing my define s

fractile really knows how to make great cases for cheap, too bad the white r6 came with this hideous black front panel i would have liked to switch from back to white this time

>in a lot of ways
Name them

>Using 5400RPM fans instead of using 700RPM fans.
>What kind of shit radiator are they using that needs 4 of those?

You're technically correct, but it does take *decades* in outdoor conditions. In an interior environment, even one like a workshop, where it's not exposed to rain, sun, and winds, it'll take way longer. So long it'll probably outlast component compatibility. ATX/PCI-E in their current form won't last forever, and galvanized steel in the right environment will almost certainly last longer.

>You're correct

thank you, not reading any further

I'll stick with my Carbide 500R but thanks

that might be the ugliest case I have ever seen in my life

good taste desu

If I could buy just the case without the gay logo I would

Attached: 0530182134.jpg (1259x1448, 301K)

>using optical media

Just the regular supermicro superchassis.
It's about $350

> that might be the ugliest case I have ever seen in my life
It's even more ugly IRL but back in 2006 there was no other case with that good vibration/noise dampening. I used to have 8 hdds, 9800GTX and a 140W Phenom in it and it was still way quieter than a modern 4bay nas. Also while lack of behind-the-motherboard space, any bays or railings would trigger cable management autists, it's extremely easy and comfortable to work with (except for replacing cpu backplate, I guess nobody could predict the need for that in 2006)

>Aluminum happens to be good for them because wings etc don't need to be *strong* as much as they need to be *flexible.*
Except that Aluminum isn't nearly as flexible as steel. It doesn't handle stress as well as steel either. It's almost like the only reason aluminum is used in aircraft is that steel is 2.5X heavier.

After having had an mATX system for a few years, I feel it is a bit of a strange form factor. A compact ATX system isn't much larger than an mATX one. You're also a bit gimped with PCIe slots since you're only left with one useable one if you have a large graphics card. I think the form factors that make the most sense are mini ITX and ATX.

Sorry for being mean to your case, people buy expensive shit like that without a good reason, and cheat themselves out of a case that would serve their purposes better and only cost like $120.

You wouldn't believe how nice it is to have cable management space though. I used to think I was fine when I had a budget case with no cable management behind the motherboard, but holy shit it makes life so much easier. I have a ton of fans (used to have an FX-6100 overclocked on air cooler) and the cable management keeps the cables away from the fan blades.

absolute garbage

Welcome to the world of electronics.
t. Electronic Engineer

There's plenty of steel that comes from China that's cheap because it's low quality. That might not be a problem, except some of these guys have no scruples and will gladly show you and let you test the good stuff, while the actual stuff you buy is crap.

Just a few examples: reddit.com/r/AskEngineers/comments/4b5jir/people_say_chinese_steel_is_poor_quality_what/
(yeah leddit blahblah, just read the posts)

Problem with mATX was that nobody made proper cases for it, everything was just an ATX tower with a few inches of height chopped off. Also most of the boards made for it were just shit-tier stuff where you didn't lose anything over an ATX version)

ITX is great for normie/gaymer builds with sub-100w cpus and single gpus but the X399M would be perfect for my setup. I only need one GPU and with watercooling it becomes a single-slot device. That leaves the other two slots for my capture card and maybe one of those 4xM.2 SSD adapter cards or whatever else I need

Don't use cases open air flow easy access

Cerberus and Cerberus X are, to my knowledge, the smallest mATX and ATX cases (respectively) that can handle full sized components (graphics cards, case fans, etc). At 18 and 21L, there seems to be a pretty damn good reason to go for the Cerberus over the X; those few inches that make the difference between the X and plain are the difference between backpack/carry-on compatible and not.
Plus, for Threadripper, at least, you're not missing out on anything but 1x and 8x slots by going from ATX to mATX; the X399M Taichi has 3x16 PCI-E slots + 3x4 NVME slots, making for a total of 60. I'd say that's a fair tradeoff over ATX boards with loads of 1x slots.
The blights of mATX are overblown, I think; it is at that critical space between too small for maximum flexibility (mITX, no dual-GPU really possible) and too big (ATX). An X399M is the perfect motherboard for VFIO/dual-GPU work in a small form factor.

I'm , another X399M poster. Get out of my head

I think microATX was created mostly to cut costs, rather than to make something smaller. It's the most common form factor that big OEMs like Dell use in their PCs.

>someone here actually has a Cerberus
Keep being an alright sort of person

Best case

Attached: FT03B-34View-1.jpg (560x560, 26K)

I'm liking the new Evolv X case. Anyone planning on getting it?
I currently have a Cooler Master 750D Airflow Edition with two 140mm front intakes and two 120mm bottom intakes.
Not sure if the Evolv X will live up to my airflow demands.

Turbulence

The iPhones need to bend enough to shatter outside of warranty

I would if there wasn't so many logos.

Attached: 100-E1-1236-K0_XL_1.jpg (1200x1200, 95K)

Go back to KC

>he's also a man of taste
Right back atchu my dude
Preliminary apology for mobile post

Attached: 53CC9FD2-9652-423C-8D8B-F79FA91F37A8.jpg (398x500, 41K)

Looks like you are already sucking it fag.

Attached: 9FBB5626-10B6-4568-8CC8-0E952AA1863B.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

Attached: 1528607968604.jpg (500x384, 157K)

I can hear the fans from here.
Jesus Christ that'd be a loud case.

Well it is just a pre-modded TJ11, sure its good because of the silverstone frame but it takes away all the fun of modding such a legendary case

>TJ11
That's a TJ07, bub

supports e-atx and SSI-EEB
3.5" x 6

I almost forgot about velocydancity

>All these responses of CAUSE I HAVE
I miss pre 2011 when case designs were still wild and interesting because a penny didn't work as a heatsink

Too much plastic shit. I'm sticking to my Lian-Li A71FB. Same thing but better than the Fractal. That said, the Define looks really good and feels very solid.

Should I go for the Meshify-C or the NZXT H700 once the non i version comes out?

You can still buy 'zany' gaudy shit if you want it though...
Are you just mad that everything isn't stupid gaudy shit?

Because I don't really care about cases. It needs to hold the hardware, have a conveniently located power button and look unobtrusive.

2big4me

Aesthetically gorgeous (shrouding of the PSU tunnel reminds of NZXT), but technologically it's a step back from their own R5 in some aspects. I'm going to build a new rig soon myself, and I'd rather take Define XL R2 for almost the same price - many 5-inch bays for extra gadgets not included with the case by default, modular HDD cages, more space.

As a union welder, you're Fucking moron. Just leave here with whatever shred of dignity you have left. You know nothing of metallurgy, and what you think you know about it is completely wrong. It'd be best for you to forget about it completely. And before you go shrugging off saying I don't know what I'm talking about, fine, but I've built so much shit in my career that you rely on daily than you would even believe.

>As a union welder
Your credentials does not matter. Convince with arguments, not your name, status, or relations.