LUL

Even 1600X beats 8700k in multithread

Attached: Cinebench.png (1339x1473, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/article/1616-4ghz-ryzen-2nd-gen-vs-core-8th-gen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its within margin of error on a test that isn't latency sensitive. the 1600x is a great buy but this is hardly representative of real-world performance.

Then why does 2600X beat 8700k by almost 60 points?

>tfw amd really dun did it

Attached: 1528615621392.png (1373x833, 59K)

>slightly better ST
>slightly weaker MT
>same number of cores and threads

Attached: orig.gif (321x218, 1.88M)

Why are you comparing a

*with 4 gorillion mhz RAM

Says you.

>tfw 8700k literally is the pentium 4 extreme edition reborn

>its within margin of error on a test that isn't latency sensitive.
so, in other words
Cinebench, the epitome of CPU benching, the application that fits most scenarios and never gets tricked with simple μarch changes like cache size changes(like geekbench and cpuz)
is not latency sensitive, which means that it doesn't do unnecessary jumps from one ccx to another, in order to fit first post idiot's rhetoric.

In real world goys, threads jump from one CCX to another... that data locality that you are learning in Comp. Architecture, it's total bullshit.
In real world jewish programs, data jump from one cache to another and one CCX to another.

no, says AMD. You need the fastest RAM available or else the damn CPU lags. So much for budget builds.

That has nothing to do with this benchmark, you're clinically retarded.

maybe not but threads like this make people buy AMD and it's agood idea to make sure they know they're gonna have to spend a lot more money on RAM if they do it instead of buying intel.

This is coming from an AMDrone btw

>need the fastest RAM available or else the damn CPU lags
Please stay away from computers.

Intel is shit too with slow RAM, you still need at least 2900+ for decent performance, and at that point might as well get the B-dies because both Intel and AMD benefit from tightening timings and will give you way more performance than that shitty 500MHz overclock you need a AIO and $200 motherboard for.

tl;dr learn to computer you filthy kike

good job amd

Attached: pep.png (800x640, 218K)

>@4.0

>you still need at least 2900+ for decent performance
source: your ass

you can't even go above 2600mhz with the latest i5s and they still beat Ryzen performance when using the same RAM.

BITC THIS LOOKS FAKE AS FUCK SHOW ME PROOF I BET AMD IS OVERLOCKING THE RAM AND THEY HAVE NON STOCK MEMORY HEAT SPREADERS

FUCK YOU SHILLS

>you will never overclock your caps lock

Attached: No please dont bring those memories back _79e2c14f7db9bd846e2e85878b75f720.png (326x261, 37K)

techspot.com/article/1616-4ghz-ryzen-2nd-gen-vs-core-8th-gen/
>Both configurations used the same G.Skill FlareX DDR4-3200 memory with the 'Xtreme' memory profile and the same MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio for all the testing.

>i5
Lmao

>you can't even go above 2600mhz with the latest i5s
>this is actually true

FUCKING KIKES WTF

>intel is now for poorfags

lol

Im running 3000mhz with my i5 and 110 dollar z370

so? both test rigs use the same ram.

It's only true on an H370 or B360 board. You can run whatever speed you like on a Z370 board. I had an 8400 for a while last year that ran my 3866MHz RAM kit just fine via XMP on Z370. Was planning to get an 8700K when stock improved, but now have a 2700X instead.

So they say...

Do you just like to waste money or what?

Infinity fabric baby

>Im running 3000mhz
oy vey,
another hall of cost.
Are you denying what he said?

that idiot says that both test rigs used ram that favors more amd.
You see, intel's cpus peak their performance after 2400MHZ,
that's because they have more ram per core... so less ram b/w doesn't matter because they use it less frequent.
Ryzen is a big core, so if you test it against 3000+ MHz you are getting less throttle.
Imagine using slow ram on 16 thread core.

tl;dr You don't create the best throttle scenario against AMD, so your claims are shit.
I think the next argument will be to not plug the ryzen at all on the wall socket.

The price difference between the slowest, shittiest DDR4 and 3000MHz DDR4 is like nothing bro.

You don’t know how this shit works do you buddy

Haven't wasted any money (in fact, I came out ahead on the deal thanks to getting 25% cashback on the Z370 board and flipping it and the CPU for almost what I paid), and I enjoy tinkering with different computer parts. Sorry that your NEETbux don't stretch far enough to indulge your hobbies.

I think you're projecting

AMD's cache architecture for Zen+ is slightly better except for DRAM latency. AMD's microarch is also capable of more instructions and micoops per clock cycle which leaves more resources available on each core for SMT to pick up and use.

>you will never overclock your keyboard

Holy shit man and Zen2 will be out long before Intel has even fixed meltdown. Rip.

Isn't that intel CPU overcucked and looks like a meltdown defective chip so is the appropriate security patch enabled?

Don't forget user-

>IPC doesn't matter, only raw clockspeed does!

now this is a LOGICAL Question

>much cheaper product

DELETE THAT

Attached: 1526782054080.jpg (1196x676, 673K)

> IPC
uhh... okay, so AMD wins at MT by a small margin when comparing clock by clock, and beats AMD at single core IPC.

But in the real world the i7 8700K reaches 4.7GHz out of the box while the 2600X can't go beyond 4.2GHz, which means Intel beats the 2600X at single and multithreaded by a quite large margin.

The real competidor to the 8700K is the 2700X (where AMD wins I admit)

>out of the box
>overclocking

Out of the box means literally take it out of the box and put it in. Overclocking means modifying settings to non-defaults, also dealing with the cooling situation.

4.7GHz is the default boost user, it can OC to 5.0GHz without much trouble.

>bigger mhz = better

Where have I heard that before?

He's just pointing out that AMD's SMT is superior than intel's implementation

Attached: 1564846548158.jpg (350x219, 11K)

Attached: 1515192942964.png (868x756, 265K)

>poozen OC'd as high as it can with special snowflake RAM
>8700k only at 4ghz when even bad chips can reach 4.8 easy

I get 1650 multithreaded score on my 8700k

unless intel is winning everything else is withing the margin of error

bigger mhz = faster.