GET READY NVIDIA

>Intel confirms it will release their first high-end GPU in 2020
guru3d.com/news-story/intel-confirms-it-will-release-their-first-high-end-gpu-in-2020.html

Attached: Screenshot_20180612-174531.jpg (829x724, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/06/12/sources-amd-created-navi-for-sonys-playstation-5-vega-suffered/#11cc16de24fd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel740
anandtech.com/show/12576/nvidia-bumps-all-tesla-v100-models-to-32gb
anandtech.com/show/12579/big-volta-comes-to-quadro-nvidia-announces-quadro-gv100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

INDIA SUPER POWER BY 2020!!!!

>intel has poo in the gpu too now

Attached: 1501867726886.jpg (1500x1164, 337K)

Will this have the meltdown flaw?

It will consume 500 watts, still offer shit tier TENSOR ops, and run nothing but Intel and Apple Software.

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/06/12/sources-amd-created-navi-for-sonys-playstation-5-vega-suffered/#11cc16de24fd

>But the collaboration came at the expense of Radeon RX Vega and other in-development projects. Allegedly, Koduri saw up to a massive 2/3 of his engineering team devoted exclusively to Navi against his wishes, which resulted in a final RX Vega product Koduri was displeased with as resources and engineering hours were much lower than anticipated. As I mention in my companion report, the implication is that AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su wanted to devote more energy into its semi-custom business than its desktop graphics division.

No Kyle, Raja didn't sabotage AMD. Lisa sabotaged AMD. That dumb piece of disfigured shit better apologize after his trainwreck of a slanderous article, one that doesn't even make sense since a glorified manager can't sell half the fucking company out from under the CEO and board. Lisa sold out PC gamers to get on that low margin console bandwagon and then dropped Raja like a hot turd after making a mess of RTG

They will have good open drivers r-right?

Raja failed. He shat out Vega with promises of future performance via driver updates. The silicon was flawed as fuck from the get go.

>trusting Raja

You've forgotten the flaming dumpster fire that is Vega already, haven't you?

OF COURSE!

Attached: dims.jpg (600x392, 152K)

Snake Oil Salesman always have someone else to blame for their shit not working.

>The silicon was flawed as fuck from the get go.
Except it wasn't and RTG under new leadership promised the primitive shader APIs would be exposed to devs. That's not broken hardware talk. That's broken software talk and now we know why. Lisa gutted RTG

No one wanted that except for maybe Id. No one.

Based Intel. Another competitor could only be good for consumers.

Post yfw its 100,000 RISC-V cores and completely open source

Wow, showing you have no idea what PS actually is. PS is early geometry processing, aka all done in the front end's new PS blocks through optimized uarch specific code for Vega which is why it needs a special API.

Stop spreading this ridiculous nonsense about PS just being culling done on the CUs. It's physically impossible to do early culling with that pipeline and theoretically has a bottom efficiency of 0% if none of the culling data is used in the next frame (and it can only be used in the next frame). And DOOM already does it through GPGPU compute. Primitive Shader is significantly more advanced in the sense that they're letting the frontend shaders be more general than they already are without being bound by the rest of the pipeline so AMD's engineers can do whatever computing they want.

>the chink gutted RTG for a fucking console
>amdfags call nvidia gaymen focused
hilarious

>sabotaged AMD by saving it
>but oh no she didn't put dumb pissbaby gaymers first so that's not good enough and I'm gonna have a tantrum
Go back to /v/ you dumb piece of shit.

Wow. You extrapolated way too much incorrect information to attack me and place yourself in a position of strength and appeal to authority. Marketing doesn't pay very well if that's your opener.

No one said anything about what it does. Just that going from API specific, to driver specific, to canceled means that it was a shit idea that required WAY too much dev time for a maximum 30% boost in performance.

Vega. Is. Shit. With or with out Primitive Shaders and Culling.

>on 14nm++++++++++++ when both AMD and Nvidia will be on 7nm possibly 5nm on the horizon and no magic drivers for countless and countless of applications
Short it out you dumbfucks.

SAVE US FROM RTG AND NVIDI... (raja)
REEEEE
E
E
E

this in a oct core design on 7nm would be interesting

Attached: file.png (802x340, 322K)

This is the real beginning of the end of mainstream discrete GPUs.

Intel is upping to their game with iGPUs in order to keep up with AMD RTG in iGPU world.

Average joe and majority of the /v/tard will no reason to get a discrete GPU when their iGPU can handle their needs.

Nvidia's fiscal GPU gravy train is coming to an end, but it looks like able to weather it by growing into emerging markets.

>Go back to /v/ you dumb piece of shit.
M-MUH SINGLE DIGIT MARGINS

>HURR FUCK THOSE GAYMERS MRITE LET'S JUST SABOTAGE OUR ENTIRE NEXT GENERATION UARCH FOR A QUICK BUCK HURR
>HAHA LET'S KEEP PEDDLING OUR BROKEN OPENCL DRIVERS THAT ARE LITERALLY WORSE THAN INTEL'S SO WE CAN MAKE PENNIES SELLING TO SONY
>MACHINE LEARNING? HAHA WHO GIVES A SHIT WE'LL LET A HANDFUL OF NVIDIA REJECT RETARDS WHO WORK SLOW AS BEANS WORK ON THAT

AMD is a joke of a company. The only reason Ryzen is a hit is because Keller was given full reign over his department and the people he got to assign. Executive meddling in RTG would have killed Radeon if it weren't for altcoin mining spontaneously making a comeback months before Vega's release.

good, discreet gpu's are overpriced and havent really changed since the 88gt and 1900

She put low power laptop and gaymen console GPUs ahead of workstation and machine learning GPUs, not just gaymen GPUs.

hug your Lisa MOMMY pillow and take ritalin

You mean Superpooper

damn Jow Forums and /tv/ getting me into braaaaaaaaap

>Ryzen is a success because Lisa was forbidden to mess with Keller
>Kraiznich is more capable CEO than Lisa
wew

Good.

HIgh end GPUs are only bought and used by miners.

Let them die.

i always thought the future would be cpu+gpu on a single chip with the cpu being the smallest part especially on 7nm apu's

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

>HIgh end GPUs are only bought and used by miners.
retard alert

i'd get on su tho

You have too high expectations of the average programmer. Most people can't even use a second thread without fucking it up.

Why would they waste any resources on dedicated GPU's when they knew the retarded miners were going to buy them all up?

L2business

>As I mention in my companion report, the implication is that AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su wanted to devote more energy into its semi-custom business than its desktop graphics division.

Good. consoles at least sell, AMD video cards dont.

good fuck them i hope this becomes the only gpu on the market fuck those lazy shits

retard

AMD's basically immortal so long as they can always bring back Keller

Hopefully it's gonna be good and provide a minimum amount of competition in an already dead water market

So Navi is actually going to be good? Great.

>Intel competing against nvidia
They can't even handle AMD, cant wait for them to get btfo by nvidia too

Attached: 1495812218308.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Just wait for bingbus 10nm 32 cores ha....ha....

on one hand I hate jews, on the other it would probably have great linux drivers

Navi is going to be a 32GB behemoth with infinity fabric. Not for gaymurs.

Attached: AMD slide.png (1588x979, 285K)

Poor Intel, housefire CPU's and now housefire GPU's XD

maybe "navi" isn't for gamers, but monolithic dies in general will be going away. multi-die GPUs will be the norm for all consumer sectors (except for maybe entry level or low TDP)

I thought the first iteration of NAVI would be a mid range product? Isn't that point of a MCM GPU is that its easily scalable like Zen?

But it'll get 5ghz across its 64 cores!

After burning down the entire neighborhood

Jesus fuck that's a lot of VRAM. I hope they get \infty yields like Zen to have big dies like Vega 10 available at mid tier prices.

>article comes out literally saying Navi is custom made for consoles
>HURR NOT FOR GAYMERS

amdfags are reaching apple level of reality distortion field

Hilarious when Nvidia's hold on people is about the closest to Apple compared to the other guys.

Except Nvidia has a mile wide lead and better drivers than AMD even to this day. 30% better performance, better drivers on a platform that actually matters for GPGPU, better long term support, best partner for consumer cards (EVGA), the list goes on. AMD's the equivalent of Toshiba craptops in comparison so Nvidia's popularity is well deserved.

>30% better performance
False

Attached: 1528175168621.png (1845x1371, 746K)

>implying they wont scale it down to dual core with shared stack of memory
moron

lol i thought 2020 was the price at first

Oh no

Attached: check-em onii-chan.jpg (659x632, 147K)

How many times has 10nm been delayed again?

Poo in the cLOOd

Never mind that, Vega was also delayed. This cannot end well for Intel, they're way too behind to even make a dent in the GPU space.

girl on right with glasses is my classmate

Going by the naming, they have 22FFL and 22FFL+ and 22FFL++ and 14FFL -> 14FFL+ -> 14FFL++ ( basically 14+++ -> 14++++ -> 14+++++ )

1st gen 22FFL is almost as good as 14++

>please be my intel gf

Kike

Raja tanked RTG in a short amount of time Intel's GPU department has NO chance! Him leaving AMD for Intel was the best thing that ever happened to AMD!

*on an extreme cooling setup

it will be a rebranded radeon and nothing more

screencap this

vega wasnt even a card he actually put anything on what the fuck you are talking about

navi (the true mcm chip) was suppose to be his first card but when lisa decided to siphon all the money into the cpu department that couldnt really happen

raja was sabotaging everything he could so AMD would sell off RTG

i wonder if my fellow pajeet CE guy will give me a discount on the gpu when it comes out

Don't forget the Mommy Su was essentially allowing it to happen, so that AMD would up purchased by nVidia (ie. by her Uncle, Leatherjacketman aka. Pork Shoulders)

>Keller stopped Third Impact
Keller confirmed for 13th Angel.

she cute

you aight poo boi

AMD is bleeding margin vs nvidia though. yeah, amd is (barely) staying competitive in performance but thats mostly because nvidia is not pushing harder.

Nvidia better tech is being reflected on their performance per silicon which means better margins. In the long term this means more cash poured into R&D and even bigger technological advantage.

Intel has long invested their R&D into discovering the next big thing (since they missed phones vs ARM), neglected R&D into CPUs and made the critical mistake of not attacking its competitors niche (GPU) for too long. In competitive strategy, when you find markets concentrated on few players you always take shots at your competitors on all business lines.

Fury was his, Vega was his, Navi would have been his as well if Su didn't toss his incompetent ass out.

She took the reigns and got developer input based on customer needs and course corrected for custom chips. Raja is a failure. He was a failure at Apple, piggy backing off of their OpenCL developers to brute force his incompetence to work as he coasted off of Kellers development of A4/A5 chips.

Intel is his final stop before he goes back to India working with special effects companies for Bollywood.

>Intel's first "real" GPU will be a shitty Vega clone.

>can't compete in cpu anymore
>we going gpu now

Intel dies when

>Intel is his final stop before he goes back to India working with special effects companies for Bollywood.

Attached: 1383886529417.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

>Intel is his final stop before he goes back to India working with special effects companies for Bollywood.

Pajeet, I use to make these GPUs, you know. I use to be somebody...

Attached: 1423842362358.jpg (309x306, 45K)

10nm might be marketable by then but im still expecting a larabee situation anyway

POOR VOLTA

>blaming the chink CEO for being a complete failure

Lmao good one Pajeet

Raj is shit, he has a huge ego with nothing to show for it

do you even know ANYTHING about chip design user? or you just think that everything that came after 2014 its his?

newsflash vega was a design that was being developed for YEARS not just when raja came....

we first heard about the scalable navi card back in 2015 and we will see this one at 2019-2020
same shit with fury we first heard about an hbm card from amd back in 2011 4 years later in 2015 we saw it..
so unless you think that raja was working on it without even on amd i rest my case

Did you Poo in her Loo?

How long do you think the development cycle is on GPUs? Here's a hint, anything over three years is wrong.

>Lisa sabotaged AMD
Fuck off
Lisa is saving the fuck out of AMD
She didn't cut down Vega funds to kill RTG, she knew it just needed to be good enough at compute so that AMD has a viable product for meme learning
Gamers wouldn't have bought it, even if it was a fantastic gaming product, as shown with the RX400, R9 290(X), HD 7000, HD 6000, HD5000, HD 4000 and so on series
Why bother wasting already tight funds on a product if it won't sell or sell just as well with the current investment
Why not go for a product with guaranteed long term sales instead, like GPUs for consoles
No one at AMD sabotaged AMD
Gamers sabotaged AMD by shaping it into what it is today
It is crystal clear that they have given up on gamers now and nothing will bring them back
Don't think for a second that Intel's appearance in the GPU market will improve anything
They will be just as jewish as Nvidia

how the fuck is this allowed? This fucker will take all the knowledge he gained in AMD and give it to Intel...

LOL perhaps you dont remember that in the early stage hbm was called dimm tree memory

Jesus. Stackable silicon has been the pipe dream for ages..

Know who pic related is? He's the guy who made it economically viable with no degradation in performance.

Attached: IMG_20180613_032340.jpg (1200x900, 72K)

>first discreet GPU
>forgetting the i740 and i752

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel740

jesus... does Pajeet think everyone forgot about the i740? Shit, I had a Real3D Starfighter back inna day AND still have the software that came with it.

Attached: i7404mfb.jpg (2812x1290, 729K)

this tbqh
While I benefit from AMD making a competitive gpu, I'd still buy an nvidia card. I'm certain more most gamers are the same. Most games, if not all are optimised for nvidia gpus. Amd could deliver 90% of nvidia's performance and selling it at 75% of nvidia's price and we'd still buy nvidia for its optimal visual performance and compatibility. History has proved that nvidia's mindshare is immovable and Dr.Su is wise to not waste resource challenging that.

jesus i specifically said
AMD TALKED ABOUT HBM ON THEIR CARDS AT 2011

dont move the goal post

anandtech.com/show/12576/nvidia-bumps-all-tesla-v100-models-to-32gb

anandtech.com/show/12579/big-volta-comes-to-quadro-nvidia-announces-quadro-gv100

Nvidia already beaten AYYMD HOUSEFIRES to 32GB HBM2 months ago

Nvidia, real products right now

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES won't be shipping anything for a long time

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES, nothing but engineering failures and excuses