My poor computer. I ran Windows 10 (Linux multi) for the first time in months, and it's spent all night updating...

My poor computer. I ran Windows 10 (Linux multi) for the first time in months, and it's spent all night updating. My HDD has been churning and wearing and grinding away for hours. Now it's very slowly "preparing" to install something called Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803. Whatever this is, it has to be good.... right?

Attached: index1.jpg (602x341, 29K)

Welcome to windows as a service, the botnet is upgrading.

Attached: say_ahh_02.jpg (1000x559, 52K)

As time goes on, I find myself retrograding to XP and Windows 98. The latter for DOS games.

After it downloads, prepares to install, installs, restarts and configures, I am very sure there will be yet another bloody swath of updates.....

It takes longer than the other updates.
Mine did that too, churned for awhile.

Why are the bullets in backward?

Would've been faster to just reinstall, their bigger updates incrementally break older installs anyway.
Welcome to Windows as a Service

I made a concerted effort to make Windows XP my daily driver recently. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 Kek. It’s buggy as fuck, the thread management is an abortion, and good fucking luck using an application released within the past 4 years. It’s borderline unusable, unless you only plan to play gaymes/browse the web.

Attached: A797B3B1-C5DB-4B33-9663-7A82476F2C83.jpg (1387x702, 93K)

>HDD
Windows 10 is not for poorfags. I am using a Thinkpad X200s at work with 8GB RAM and an SSD with Windows 10 and it never has issues like this.

It has gotten to the point where wine is more compatible than previous versions of windows.

Well done, Microsoft.

Attached: 1522784945884.jpg (1200x660, 55K)

>no, Windows updates are always very very fast and never come in the way
>t. Sanjay from Microsoft customer support

They would have forced it all over again, unless I disconnected the ethernet. It's all done finally, but I'm back on Linux and feel much better for it.

We're all very pleased with you, Pajeet.

Also, my HDD is barely making a peep. I

yeah hdd in 2018

Attached: snapshot20090325023730.png (704x396, 183K)

Pay attention Pajeet, HDD stands for:
(H)ard
(D)isk
(D)rive

The disk acts like a steering wheel which you use to drive. That's the hard part. Also, the year is 2018, not 1983.

Prepare ur anus for a Dildows 10 surprise.

Hello Microsoft employee.

>It has gotten to the point where wine is more compatible than previous versions of windows.
>Well done, Microsoft.
Wine isn't an OS. Have fun running any Linux from the 98/XP era on modern HW.

>hdd
Not even slightly sorry for you

Nor will we be sorry when your glorified flash drive stops responding after a few uses.

Are you using x64 bit of windows xp or x86?

>4 years old ssd
>still as fast as it was first day

Use wsus offline update.

I laugh whenever I see NEETS (like you Pajeet) on this board so desperately defending their low-capacity SSD's. Subconsciously, they know their glorified flash drives are over-priced, prone to failure, and are dwarfed by the overwhelmingly superior capacity of HDD's.

Attached: stefan.jpg (384x256, 17K)

the SSD deniers is actually the worst posters on the whole board

We are all laughing at you.