I done goofed

I done goofed.

I had some troubles with HDMI sound and Pulseaudio on my Debian. Whatever I did I could not get sound through my monitor with the HDMI cable. It did work using a headset. But I installed steam and some libgl mesa stuff. After that pulseaudio refused to start at all. So I decided to remove all mesa stuff to see if it would work.

I removed some libgl mesa packages, wich I unfortunately don't remember the names of and it removed a lot of other stuff at the same time. As it was removing stuff I saw it remove all sorts of packages such as vlc, mate, i3 among other stuff, so I'm guessing I removed a very important package. *facepalm* and now the computer halts at boot after choosing Debian in Grub.

I am now in recovery mode on the Debian usb.

Is there some way of installing Debian base packages in one command? Debootstrap perhaps?

I done goofed people....

Attached: debian-why-not-a-bian.jpg (405x405, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3i849k/playing_around_with_openbsds_sound_server_sndio/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Loonix in a nutshell. Just minimise the VM and go back to wangblows m8, it's not worth the time wasted.

I'm not in a VM

>Loonix in a nutshell.
This, Just install a real Unix.

Such as?

Using Debian not Loonix

>use unstable meme os meant for rinkering
>actually try to use it as a daily driver
oooofff

unix-es are the are the little sisters linux could have had but were born stillborn

at this point you're probably better off booting into some kind of livecd, backing up your data, and reinstalling linux

except i'd recommend fedora because they have the most out-of-the-box compatibility with poettering-ware and actually pay people to work on the distro and write documentation

this. it may be counter-intuitive, but the openbsd audio stack is centuries ahead of linux.

see: old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3i849k/playing_around_with_openbsds_sound_server_sndio/

Instead of bickering about what *NIX is best, what can I do to fix this shit I have done.

tripfags are ruining this board

>Linux is older than unix.
You're a little retarded.

Filtered

Install OpenIndiana.

I had a similar problem with audio and HDMI on my debian install. I fixed it by setting the HDMI sound output(pactl list) as default in the /etc/pulse/defaults. For some reason programs never used the hdmi interface. As for the other problem, look into tasksel possibly?

It is a bit like the age old "what came first? The chicken or the egg?"

Attached: debian.png (300x500, 32K)

Not if you know anything.

install gentoo

Tried gentoo. Did not get it.

I had same problem myself before. I just can't remember how I fixed it.
Uplay -D gets no sound on any card.

Tasksel worked like a charm.

Thanks guy.

It's Debian as in lesbian not dee-bian you dumb fuck.