Before geforce experience

>before geforce experience
>after geforce experience

wtf is this malware? Is it not enough to pay 500+ for the hardware? OBS sucks ass so I need to use it.

Attached: nvidia.png (431x310, 3K)

why did you install it?

You're a gay boy

did you read my post?

Share uses multiple processes to save audio, video, and instant replay.

Containers are for monitoring game installs, automatically detecting your shit, logins, the carousel on both the installs and the main page, and device driver autoupdater

>OBS sucks ass so I need to use it.
learn how to use it jesus christ
there are other alternatives suck as player.me
everyone and their mother are doing video capture

Just get standalone drivers, never get bundled gaming experiences fir anything

Found this pic on some forum over a year back, when I still used Nvidia. Use the old v2.11.4.0 geforce experience if you absolutely must. Just google it and the instructions to block update. Might as well check how to disable the driver telemetry while you're at it. What is wrong with OBS, though? It worked great on my GTX780, and works even better on my Vega now. It's a great program; you can even use a quality factor instead of constant bitrate.

Attached: nvidia driver.png (441x594, 22K)

OBS introduces periodic stutter into the video that doesn't happen with shadowplay. You can see this when running an emulator with the 240p test suite and use the scrolling test. The scrolling will hitch every now and then with the OBS capture but not with shadowplay.

What settings of OBS would most closely mimic shadowplay settings for streaming and recording?

How are you able to install only the driver itself and leave out the rest of bloat?

by installing only the driver itself

Depends on what GPU you're using. I found that it was easy to go overboard with constant QP settings on my 780. I've never experienced this periodic stutter you mention, but my use case isn't really the same. Try different FPS, quality preset and tier. Frame skipping and keyframes are worth tweaking. Disabling the compositor might be beneficial, OBS can auto disable aero if you want. OBS has a lot of shit you can tweak (view mode changes the complexity) but I'm not sure if the exact info on what GFE uses is available.

I have a 1050ti. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to disable the compositor in windows 10.

There's not even that many settings to tweak for streaming and it happens there as well.

Attached: obs.png (1621x439, 39K)

What version are you using? Mine looks like this and this is only 'advanced' (there's still expert and master). I'm not sure about the compositor thing. Since there's an option to turn it off, I assume that it has an impact. It might not hinder your use case though, or the W10 compositor is just better.

Attached: Capture.png (1236x1075, 154K)

obs 21.1.2

Don't use shitty GFE3.0. Get the 2.0, put NVIDIA into your hosts file and run Telemetry cleaner afterwards.

GFE2.0 is really nice. The best recording software I ever saw. OBS somehow uses a lot of resources, while Shadowplay drains only 5 % at maximum. Even on a highend 2700X system with 1080 Ti.

Wish they would give us a standalone Shadowplay download.

does 2.0 have all the same recording and streaming options that 3.0 has?

I don't remember the settings being that poor, but anyway: If you're going for constant quality, the preset should usually go for speed (unless you get fine video with better compression) and I'd definitely disable two-pass encoding.

You can find the 2.11.4.0 pretty easily with startpage.

I dunno anything about streaming, or if they added more than just the usual FPS, resolution, bitrate, etc., but I installed v2 on a friends computer after he bough a 1070ti and it worked fine. I never went for v3 and above, because the account requirement is disgusting.

well a slight improvement over 3. Have to test recording and streaming though.

Attached: Capture.png (224x162, 5K)

Don't forget to put it into your hosts file to prevent auto"update".

Also get the Nvidia telemetry remover.

okay it's definitely way more stripped down than 3 but there seems to be a major issue. If you record once and stop recording it will save, but then when I try to record again it will not work. It goes green for a second and then gives me a red line over the icon.

I have to manually disable and reenable shadowplay to get it to record again

lol wtf. Why does it have to contact nvidia's servers to initiate another recording? Can you not use the software offline? What a joke. Only solution is to use an old driver version.

Attached: Capture.png (757x590, 56K)