/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1500244416245.jpg (1417x2019, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436
spiralear.com/en/products/se-custom/index.html
puretonemusic.net/silicone_personal_moulds.html
audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1138/NFB1138EN.htm
magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/agd-nfb11-28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sennheiser

stax

Has anyone here tried Snugs/custom molded ear tips? My ears have a lot of trouble with universal tips.

buy stax

buy stax

buy stax

I'm not buying stax

Attached: IMAG0893.jpg (4000x3000, 2.26M)

garbage

Has anyone here tried Snugs/custom molded ear tips? My ears have a lot of trouble with universal tips.

buy stax

buy stax

Are Bose worth the price or are they just a meme?

Now that schiit has been outed as actual shit (who would have guessed), what's the go to dac in the $100 or less category? What about amp?

no shitphones

Can someone who has AES membership share this new paper with us?

A Statistical Model that Predicts Listeners' Preference Ratings of Around-Ear and On-Ear Headphones

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436

Attached: 1528832970092[1].png (200x289, 50K)

topping d10/d30 is pretty universally agreed now to be a great dac, everybody is still arguing about the amp side though. personally I don't consider there to be any good amps below $200 that are really "worth it"

After wasting so much time and money, what do you think is the finalpill on headphones and personal audio in general?

>leave computer for 10 minutes
>bunch of buy stax posts
well, shit. when in rome I guess

buy stax

>two headphones that aren't stax

>buy stax
What if I already have SR-009s then?

Attached: swirly swede.gif (480x270, 3.77M)

either you buy stax or you get out of it entirely and never go beyond $100 again

need a dark stax so buy an 007 to complement your stax with a stax

>d10/d30
Thanks, I'll look into those. $200 for an amp is out of my budget though. I'm really only looking for something to replace my busted magni 2. Something that hopefully won't burn a hole in my desk.

>17 unique ips
buystax general

Maybe eventually, I'd rather put that money towards the new 009S, or somehow find an SR-Ω for sale at a non-ridiculous price.

yea I mean there are some ok amps out there for around $100, its just that I can't really personally recommend any of them as being very clearly good and all of them have their own set of flaws. unlike the topping which is basically more dac than you could ask for.

What did you leave your computer for?

I guess I'll just save up then. What do you recommend for $200?

stax

do not listen to this retard, you can buy an audibly transparent amp+dac for $10
there are dozen of amps below $100 just look for them and their measurments

meier audio corda rock

emotiva a100

my stax were sounding so incredible it was emotionally fatiguing, I had to leave the room for 10 minutes

the o2 amp is still perfectly fine for $100, people act like it got outdated but it was great then and it's still great now

>o2 amp
That's what I was going to buy before getting meme'd into the magni 2. If you or anybody else owns one, can you please answer some questions I have in comparison to the magni? Does the o2 run hot? Does the right audio channel cut out when you lower the knob close to minimum? Do you get any noticeable static noise when adjusting the knob?

I would fucking love to buy a corda rock if only I could find one

What with the nostax fags posting buy stax?

buy stax

buy stax

did you pre-order one? I almost did but I might be moving soon and didn't want to have it arrive after I'm gone

should i buy the stax L700 and wait for used amp or just get the hd800s

Attached: 1512652260959.jpg (300x301, 16K)

>buy electrostatic headphones
>get electrocuted

Funny! That's really funny! I just did a lol! Fuck you guys for recommending these to me.

depends, do you want good sound or do you want the sennheiser logo to impress normies

YOU CANNOT GET ELECTROCUTED BY STAX STOP SPREADY MEMES

Nah, don't have the spare cash for one now. Maybe if I sold my current estat amp.

Yes you can

I also want to wait for measurements, but I probably won't wait long enough to demo one because the audio stores around me lag by a year or two and don't usually get stuff in that fast

It'll likely measure mostly the same as the 009 to be honest. It'd be nice if stax somehow got rid of that notch around 70Hz, but iirc that's an artifact to do with the earpad depth/size.

Attached: 20180606_190318.jpg (3024x4032, 426K)

buying stax will solve your nostax faggotry

nice stax

Any portable headphones, stax are good but only for home use I need for travel and only tested shit headphones like beats
Suggest me
Budget $300-$350
Thanks user

no shitphones

sony 1000xm2

So this is the power of /hpg/...

No, you dont need 3 digit price headphones to listen your shitty anime music.

This. When will animefags learn?

when will they learn to buy stax

When they stop being dumb

you are right you definitely need L700s for anime which has a 4 digit price tag

See

Knock Knock

stax posters need to be banned, not even headphones, earspeakers

A bridge between headphones and speakers, they're both :^)

who's there?

Stax

stax who?

Smelly stuffy stinky feet!

Stax, Buy

Buy Stax

Attached: 20180612_184012.jpg (3024x4032, 476K)

where do i start with speakers? what are some guides out there? what are the hd600 of speakers?

Any suggestions for an OTL amp?

DT-880 600ohm
Topping D30 DAC

Ideally

>Any suggestions
stax

they're massively overpriced. try something like these instead:
spiralear.com/en/products/se-custom/index.html
puretonemusic.net/silicone_personal_moulds.html

How does /hpg/ clean their dusty-ass earpads?

No shame these stax cultist. They don't like me because I have stax and I don't kneel at the altar.

Attached: 1526180621838.jpg (377x351, 24K)

you had a chance to take a picture of your stax next to your argons

reminder that you have two days left to order a nfb 11.38, the best dac/amp combo under $1k.
audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1138/NFB1138EN.htm

Did't even think of the stax. I was to intoxicated by the Argons to care about them. Shame. You are gonna have to wait. But you can still keep thinking I don't have them though.

Attached: oof.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

whatever you say soiboi. did you actually buy stax and that's why you are asking people to wait? I'll believe it when I see it

Attached: 1391126121125.png (186x264, 129K)

>600Ohm
emotiva xbass a-100
8 freaking watt per channel.
It's ~$230 right now.

Attached: 1497888296759.jpg (1500x1327, 80K)

you can order it from the meier audio site

you pay $90 more for the different number in the DAC. Amp is exactly the same, sound would be similar.

Whatever helps you sleep fedora user.

Attached: nothingkid.png (623x721, 126K)

>sound would be similar.
as in similar to every other solid state amp out there?

>stax posters need to be banned
Just those that spam stax or buy stax with no context.

just buy stax
stax

That much money on shitty HD600??

NFB got no op-amps so it is a little different than your usual solid state.

so basically you admit that NFB measures like trash and you are peddling it to people who don't understand they are being sold snake oil

Is it easier to get supreme chink products his eurpo?
magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/agd-nfb11-28

>Measuring DACs
Bold. Brave. Useless.

Attached: hpure.jpg (280x275, 48K)

I got one, I know it sounds better than usual solidstate after a/b the two. That's all I need to know.

nobody measured NFB11 by the way

did you use a switch? was it blind? I have some $10,000 cables to sell you user

tonedeaftest.com

is this objectively the best headphone amp?

Attached: Rupert Neve Designs RNHP.jpg (1500x736, 69K)

>objective
implies a framework with stated goals, which are subjective

and also no

I have a JDS labs one and it's been pretty good for me. Only issues I've noticed are turning it on and off with the headphones plugged in, it causes the headphones to make a popping noise, so I just unplugged it before I switch it. I've barely had this happen but I think it's only if the headphone jack isn't pushed in 100% it causes a light noise in the playback. For the heat, it's constantly charging a battery so it does have warmth no more than a cellphone charging. The left channel cuts out for me but I never have it close to that low.

For the gain, the 1x and 3.3x gain should be more than enough for anything. High gain with my HD600 sounds like it's destroying my ears at 3 o clock. High gain at 12 o clock is usually the highest I go.