Wich BSD is best for a normal day-to-day user?

Wich BSD is best for a normal day-to-day user?

Attached: BSD_wordmark.svg.png (1280x597, 41K)

Ubuntu

By definition none of them are but i guess you could live with ghostbsd or trueOS.

Why are none of them suited?

OpenBSD

gnu/bsd

macos

TrueOS

None of them.

>bsd
Enjoy your back door.

FreeNAS, pfsense

BSD is shit tier for the desktop, if you want to show off your autism use templeos or haiku or something instead

OpenBSD

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: thicc.jpg (442x293, 28K)

Depends on what you want
>Do you want to run it on a toaster?
NetBSD
>Do you want maximum innovation even if it doesnt work out in the end?
DragonflyBSD
>Do you want maximum stability even if the packages are old (like deb stable?)
OpenBSD
(Note: there's openBSD -current which is bleeding edge rolling release practically, but to use it you need to at least know your shit because if something breaks, you either wait or you are debugging it)
>Do you want to post screenshots of a weird new OS on desktop threads and look cool? (I really dont know much about these)
GhostBSD, TrueOS
>Do you want a coc up your ass?
FreeBSD

Unironically this
Even Freebsd Devs will tell you that

None of them.

Go try them out and you'll see why.

OpenBSD has software far newer than Debian, dude.
In any case, OpenBSD is the best choice, and FreeBSD is second best.

NetBSD is fucking great.
If only the software I use supported it.

Attached: dd.jpg (430x350, 29K)

>BSD
>Normal user

Attached: bsdead.png (1209x661, 51K)

The only correct answer

unironically this but OpenBSD doesn't want you

Attached: 1364158539946.jpg (480x600, 160K)

>Implying Moronix benchmarks have any sort of relevance of validity

>BSD shills eternally BTFO

*ATA* TRIM is seriously overblown with modern SSDs.
The default install comes with a huge number of networking utilities and daemons.
There is no present funding threat, and recent yearly fundraising campaigns have been very successful with several large corporate donators.
OpenBSD has several excellent extensions to POSIX and the C standard library, e.g. strlcpy, strtonum, PLEDGE.

This is the most tired shitpost of all time. Just stop.

OpenBSD has a severe lack of drivers.

FreeNAS is the only version of BSD I can see being useful. Don't understand what kind of usercase would validate the use of BSD as a desktop environment.

install gentoo

>python

>bsd
>day to day user
why. it's for servers and routers and firewalls. or embedded systems where you'll be writing your own drivers and systems or something.

just use linux or osx

>desktop environment.
Their was never a demarcation between desktop and server in Unix. That was shitty microsoft marketing that started the Windows sever vs Windows Workstation bullshit. So kys microsoft marketing, in the Unix world it's just an OS.

i wish strlcpy was in POSIX

fuck conditional compilation

This but it’s not for brainless like OP.

OPENbsd even comes with a spellchecker