/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Smartisan-Nut-Pro-22.jpg (600x399, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s5/help/debloat-t3121756
androidenterprisepartners.withgoogle.com/?&_ga=2.264917071.1979851655.1528873258-161635075.1528873258#!/results/browse-all/2
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5/development
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development
dwidigitalcameras.com/nokia-6-2018-4gb-64gb-black.html
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

give it back jamal

Still looking for a real answer/advice for .
Do people generally debloat manually? Run a script for it? An app? Rip your rom, debloat it on PC and re-flash it?
Please help, i've never used android and shit like
>forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s5/help/debloat-t3121756
isn't helping me.

who gave you it jamal?

For me, it's the Xperia XZ1 compact in my choice of color.

Attached: xz1c.jpg (900x1600, 303K)

Nice user, its a good subtly way of saying you like dick in your ass

you know I kind of didn't like the way every phone was going curvy with rounded edges but looking at the opposite end of the spectrum I can see why they went the way they did.

S8+ with damaged port worth around $240? It also has slight burn-in from the on screen keyboard.

This is very stupid question, because these two problems don`t overweight the price. No.

I ordered a OnePlus 6 recently, what am I in for?

Attached: cbb02e2e3d669a4ff0a140e84795222427c19815.jpg (940x540, 27K)

>4 months or more till pixel 3 and pixel buds 2

Can't wait to ditch this gs8

I used to root and put CM or the unicorn-mascot ROM on my old phones, such as the Droid and S3. But the S8 isn't really slow or behind on official updates with stock like those old phones always were. I don't see the point in custom ROMs anymore, especially because they would all occasionally reboot. Is it still worthwhile?

The best chinkshit on the market

Supposedly very good price/performance ratio product. Also agressive marketing. Should be ok, but if you encounter any problems - visit their forum, because most problems aren`t openly discussed elsewhere.

>these two problems don`t overweight the price. No.
>Can't wait to ditch this gs8

So it's a no then? What else I can get second-hand that is as good or better for less than $300 that can be delivered in burgerland this month?

bumping. Also, I'm in the process of unlocking the bootloader. Do I have really have to wait out the 2 week period before unlocking? In the meantime, what should I be doing/avoiding

software support for a few months before they start pushing 6ts out the pipes. solid hardware though, still have my opx.

depends on where you want to buy... 300 bucks are good to get something more than ok as second hand

Why the fuck does Xiaomi never get us lte bands on their phones? The redmi note 5 pro is the best budget phone out there

AppOps for denying unnecessary app permissions and controlling battery usage, firewall, uninstalling system apps and de-bloating, added functionality (gestures, etc.). Still very worthwhile and this isn't all.

Can't you just do that with root?

Aosp Extended is a good choice.

Looking for something with a removable battery and 3.5mm headphone jack that supports Lineage OS fully. What are my options? My Galaxy S2 just died today.

>removable battery to cut off the GPS botnet
>headphone jack to plug in earbuds with mic after I unplug the microphones and speakers inside
Cameras don't matter. Needs at least 16GB storage.

>his phone isn't on the official good boy list
How embarrassing

androidenterprisepartners.withgoogle.com/?&_ga=2.264917071.1979851655.1528873258-161635075.1528873258#!/results/browse-all/2

any Moto X4 users here? what about its audio quality?

S5 or Note 4, maybe G5.

Sup /spg/,
I just got a Samsung Gear S2 3G used from a local thrift shop. It works great, and hasn't been reset locked or anything. Seemed to have barely been used, even before I factory restored it. However, it does still appear to have a valid plan tied to it still. I disabled cell data in the options but I'm wondering if I should call and attempt to cancel this line or just use it until the service stops.

Turns out I should've went for the 5 Plus if I wanted official support for custom ROMs. What's the major difference between all the new ones anyway? I don't think there were many popular alternatives to CyanogenMod a few years back

What's the best value Xiaomi phone? Besides the note 5 pro, as another user mentioned.

Damn my Note 5 Pro feels good - except for the kinda horrible MIUI icons

I cracked the front glass on my s8+. I don't need a whole new $200 screen assembly do I? They sell the front glass by itself for $30.

True, if digitizer is ok. And + job at service repair.

Both variants have official support for a good number of custom ROMs.
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5/development
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development

>all flagships are wide as fuck

God damn it, all I want is a Vivo NEX that's 65 mm or smaller.

Maybe IPx8 certified.

Unlock your bootloader and choose. No need to settle for MIUI.

Unfortunately, my phone is a Redmi 5 which is different from those two variants. I'll have to settle for unofficial stuff. Nice numbers tho

If you have the skill to separate the glass from the digitiser. It's fuckin hard

Shit, alright. Only the corners cracked so I'll leave it for now. I have insurance on it but I didn't realize it's $250 to replace the screen even with insurance so I'm cancelling that shit.

S8 and S8+ are skinny wieners. If they're too wide for you, your hands are the problemo.

If this post is better suited to /sqt/, let me know.

If you had to choose between a Sony Xperia XA2 and a Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018), which would you choose and why?

Are both, or either of these phones, better than (or equal to) the Galaxy S6 in terms of battery life and camera?

Considering the meme curve glass cracks if you look at it wrong, I'd just wear it.

wide, or thick?

Fugg, battery on my 8 year old phone exploded.

P20 Pro, S9+ or Oneplus6, which one do I pick up?

S9 plus I would say. Or buy a cheap (chink) phone and wait for the S10 which will probably be the samsung phone we have been waiting for.

>p20 pro
unironically an overhyped meme gimmick phone
stay away.
>s9+
would go with this if notch-screens annoys you, otherwise op6

nah I don't mind notch.

redmi note 5 pro (sd636) 3gb 32gb version. Should I buy it? I'm using low end vivo y55 right now.

Attached: IMG-20180611-WA0000.jpg (741x1080, 95K)

do you recommend the phone?

Hi /spg/, I want to pick up a phone for $200-300 AUD - 225USD - 190 Euros

My main thing is I want the phone to be durable and last long. Strong glass; strong build quality etc..

I will not be playing any games. I do not take photos. Mainly used for listening to music / podcasts and internet browsing. Also 32gb of storage is preferable, 16gb or less has to have an expandable slot. I also dont need anything more than 32gbs.

I've been currently looking at Motorola G5s, LG Q6, Nokia 5. (I dont really want another nokia though, since I am replacing a nokia as it is broken).

Also 150mm max height.

I do recommend Nokia phones like the new 5.1 once it comes - Nokia phones are currently fantastic durability wise and I don't see that changing with the new phones.

LG is kinda shit for software future-proofness (but I heard their lower end phones are alright in that regard).

You might also want to pick up a Mi A1 - Android One (so clean android), plenty of ROM support if you want to go that way, 32gb option available, cheap as hell.

Bands should also be supported since it's an Android One phone meant for global production.

>LG is kinda shit for software future-proofness (but I heard their lower end phones are alright in that regard).
Everything is in phone world.

All three are shit. Get a Redmi Note 4 / Note 4X.

dwidigitalcameras.com/nokia-6-2018-4gb-64gb-black.html

>being this paranoid

Yeah, definitely fucked up going Samshit.

what went wrong?

Attached: 61haBOXH4NL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 31K)

Is that X2? I don't know what went wrong. Is it a bad phone?

Is the youtube app completely fucked for anyone else since the latest update? Tons of UI bugs on my HTC 10 when watching videos in full screen.

It has sucked major dick for all of its existence.

Is dwi a grey importer? By law smartphones basically have a 2 year warranty in Australia. I'd rather not go through the fuss if something goes to shits.

>fat bulgy THICC back
>bezels
>no 3.5mm
>all buttons on one side
>have plenty of space in front but still put fingerprint scanner to the back
>did i mention the ugly ass bulgy back?

get the 64/4 version

Yeah, but LG is notoriously bad. The G7 hasn't even gotten 8.0 in some regions.

ty for the responses

Literally this

Jow Forums why do you hate le reee?

Attached: 356475869576.jpg (1130x586, 128K)

does this general discuss app recommendations or is in a different place

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

I know this

Software updates are always for both T and normal variant

This general only discusses the latest Samsung flagship phone, sorry. How do you like your Galaxy S9+, user?

I use Brave browser and I like it.

>tfw getting newest OS update on my 3 years old Windows Phone
Comfy feelies uwu

Attached: wp_ss_20180613_0001.png (720x1280, 109K)

What phone?

Attached: microsoft-lumia-550-review-main[1].jpg (1000x640, 50K)

Don't worry, mobile will never get Windows 10 version 1803.

I don't know. I kinda feel 3gb 32gb is enough for me. I really just digging the sd636. I'm not sure tho.

so, about the smartwallpaper:

Do you have anything for me that changes lockscreen AND home background for different wallpapers?

please

Attached: file.png (1080x2160, 2.13M)

Why is that anime holding a gun?

Girls Frontline a smartphone game i'm into

(this is GGO an anime)

Attached: file.png (1080x2160, 1.96M)

Future proofing

Receiving my ZTE Axon 7 in the mail today, planning to install LineageOS 15.1 on it. But what's the best app to transfer the files from my Oneplus X to it, used Helium before, is it still a good choice?

>buy an s9 using paypal (clicked take money from my bank account rather than my debit card as it had expired and I didn't want to wait for my new one to arrive)
>been 24 hours and the transaction is still pending
what the fug

Bought S9+ because rn it's the only Android worth a damn, you can't prove me wrong.

Enjoy your burn-in, display unit guy.

>touchjizz
>no updates
Proven wrong.

>still no apps

Shut up

I got a refurb from a different site pal
you can't use paypal on amazon you smoothbrain

I need to use my pixel 2 camera more

Attached: IMG_20180612_230226.jpg (3024x4032, 2.46M)

no you don't, you're devoid of any talent pertaining towards art in all it's mediums

I barely tested camera on S9+. It should be just as good.
What are these phones even good anymore but camera improvements?

You aren't wrong I just want to justify my purchase

These days, software and camera improvements are just about the only things that set phones apart.
And even then flagship devices are so close to each other when it comes to their cameras, it's hard to say whether one is objectively better than the other. Smartphone choice now comes down to which flavor of manufacturer bloat you like better, and not a whole lot else.

I make my own apps

Samsung's curved screen and bloatware can smd.

LG with the DAC and headphone jack cause i like using my phone for music is where it is at. Yeah they got issues, but nothing compared to blowing up your phone or your phone deciding to never recharge if you run it down too low

enjoy solitude breh

I'm trying to root my note 3 by installing twrp through odin and then using magisk on reboot. Odin fails at installing the twrp onto the phone and the phone is originally a Verizon phone.

Is there some extra layer of Verizon bootlocking that i need to get past? Any ideas on what's wrong?

Attached: 1528347604164.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>not buying a phone purely for aesthetics
>thinks hes an audiophile but uses cheap headphones and listens to music on his phone
>blatantly trying to COPE with not being able to afford a samsung by comparing the two
here's your (yikes), don't spend it all at once

what bloatware? this isnt 2013. they put couple of their apps which are actually superior to most 3rd party shit now

Okay. Anyway I don't even understand this "no apps" meme. There's app for discord, telegram, tumblr, Jow Forums, browser without ads what else do you need from a smartphone