Ryzen appreciation thread

Ryzen appreciation thread.

AMD won the cheap gaming build contest in 2018. Intel, with their shitty integrated GPUs have floundered their chance more so when they had such a great head start beginning since they released i3.

This is especially more relevant as GPU prices are going skyward and n33t gamer like me are paying a price for the absurd cost of GPU because of miners.

Attached: res_8a7fbddbcf15f3d33f6c4878e8f65cf0_full.jpg (1164x972, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/578080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wasn't intel going to release a intel cpu with amd graphics? i wonder what ever happened with that.

i love the insane amounts of shit i can do with my 1600. Encode video with ffmpeg while gaming with no real performance drop? hell yeah, 12 threads are great.

good job amd

Attached: 1527903435214.png (1104x812, 304K)

If I'm a fairly casual user that never tinkered with OC before, is 1600X worth it or can I just settle for 1600?

They’ve been released, but they are only for mobile/integrated builds. E.g. "Intel NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK - Hades Canyon" = Intel Core i7-8705G, 4x 3.10GHz + AMD Radeon RX Vega M GL

get a 1600. got mine overclocked to 3.9ghz stable on a wraith spire cooler (the fucking stock cooler) with no thermal throttling. getting more then 4ghz on 1st gen ryzen is very, very hard.

speaking of amd my 1080 is dying and the only thing i can afford to replace it while i flog it off to some miner is a vega 56
how much of a sidegrade is that from a 2ghz 1080?

8700k smokes ryzen though..

Id love to switch to AMD but they simply arent as good. Maybe the next thing they release will destroy the 8700k as a value and performance proposition but im not holding my breath.

You can get a powercolor Vega 56 red devil on Newegg for 530$

I have ryzen above intel limitations.

You should buy 2600(X) if anything.
If gaymen and you want to get as many FPS as possible, buy the X – otherwise, buy without X.

Avoid Vega like plague. It's a fucking fire hazard with how much power it draws. AMD doesn't have efficient high end GPUs.

i am really sick of nvidia though
$1200aud for a fucking 1080 ti
looking at a Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 GAMING OC for $550usd shipped in your $

to be honest intel still wins the budget builds. intel hd is enough for me and ryzen+vega is 2 times more expensive

OP is talking about low budget.
Your 8700k quest dies as soon you have to get an external videocard.

get the X, it's efficient to the max and scores really high too.

switched from 1700 to 2600X for muh games for almost the same price and don't regret nothing, have over a 100 points more single core speed on cpu-z bench

i guess, AMDs are better OC compatible compared to Intel chips

>intel hd is enough
yeah! it's enough to play movie and stuff, but with APUs you can literally play PUBG.

>8700k smokes ryzen though..
Yeah, it's the undisputed king of 480p, 720p and 1080p gaming. Pity it's not good at anything else.

I've been a loyal AMD evangelist since the late 90ies but WHO THE FUCK ENCODES VIDEOS WHILE GAEYMEN?

pubg is a cancer

id stick my intel hd in cs go

was not commenting on the game, per se but the quality of graphics rendering it can support.

Only ran it at 30fps which is useless on pc and the game is dead

Maybe it's the other way around - i.e., playing a game to pass the time while you're waiting for your encode to finish.

Attached: DPckxKc.jpg (3840x2160, 606K)

>and the game is dead
Yeah, only 1.084m people online right now, with a 24-hour peak 1.495m. Utterly dead. PlayerUnknown is FINISHED & BANKRUPT!

Attached: che.jpg (640x960, 103K)

The mining hype is over. I recently bought a 480 8G for 215 €.

Ryzen is great, I run both my systems on it. I'm still working on the OC, this system matches my 5820K in singlethread while archieving 40-50 % more multithreaded performance. The other system runs a 1700, which matches a 5960X in rendering performance at 100 W under full load. All of that for 250 €, if you buy it used even cheaper.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (1280x788, 95K)

It's dropping 100k a month avg
steamcharts.com/app/578080
Loved the game but the hacks and bugs killed it

Attached: 1528822035706.png (996x455, 473K)

I love my Ryzen 2700X!

Attached: 1525831221033.jpg (900x1200, 171K)

Got a D15 on mine
U?

my intel runs at 5.3ghz thou overclocked.

you can build a intel K system for under 1000$ if you use a midranged gpu.

1000$ is a budget gaming build imo. sure you could build one for half that but it wont last as long

my core2duo overclocked to 4.5ghz last me from 2008-2017

going budjet on CPU for a gamer is silly because you end up wasting money on upgrading motherboard and ramtype over its shorter lifespan.

Fuck gaming exclusively I do general shit posting on my 27x it's glorious at everything
Even single thread ipc intensive shit at 4ghz runs flawless

budget gaming is 0-300 burgers
cpus dont matter shit
a used c2q shitbox +1080 probably gets moar fraymes than a new modern machine of equal price

How do you build a 5.3 GHz i7 system below 1K if the delidded 8700K already costs 450?

Attached: pit.jpg (645x729, 41K)

I'm waiting the day that Apple dumps Intel for AMD.
Not Applefag, but I understand the damage that could make to Intel Mindshare and reputation.

>absurd cost of GPU because of miner

Not sure if you've checked the butcoin market lately, but it's in the toliet.

No one is buying GPUs for mining and they are actually on shelves now if you go look around the stores etc.

Gaymers are still willing to shell out $500+ for a GPU so the manufacturers are still listing them as such. Give it a couple more months and a lot of these mining GPUs will flood eBay at 1/3rd the cost of brand new and the manufacturers will be forced to lower their prices.

Already happening. "Used GTX 1070 - 84 sold, 893 Available" if you check the listings.

Apple is already dumping intel. theyre going to start making their own CPUs again

>the meme of apple doing their own cpus
I don't understand where that meme began. You can't replace x86 with ARM without a important performance loss.