Seriously, fuck these things, I forgot how terrible they were...

Seriously, fuck these things, I forgot how terrible they were. I just wanted to support some of my favorite artists by buying the physical disk, but the jewel case alone is making me instantly regret it

>They take up way to much space for a tiny, thin ass disk
>Fragile. Every single part of a jewel case seems to want to crack or break right off.
>Ugly as fuck. You can't store these on shelves like hardcover books or vinyls. They're just shiny and gaudy
>Rarely protects the disk, sometimes they'll even scratch it for you

Attached: s0089530_sc7.jpg (380x380, 34K)

Better than cassette tapes at least.

I had about 900-1000 DVD's before I moved my hoarding over to NAS devices. I kept my discs in the thin cases that fit two in a standard cd-case-holder slot. I also kept 2 DVD's per case. Migrated everything off to the NAS about 4 yrs. ago.

I have a buttload of these little faggots gathering dust in a wardrobe
>At least I have a backup if someone drops the EMP bomb

>he doesn't keep his storage devices in Faraday's cage

Why not just rip/copy to HDD or flash storage and throw what annoys you away? You could keep the covers in a shoebox, if you want them.
Anyway, the HDD or flash would still outlast the CDs by far.

Originally CDs were sold in dvd/bd like black cases but muh reasons (((they))) changed it to this shit.

Because I wanted to kill a FOSS thread or two crying about cd cases. Seriously fuck cd cases.

>You can't store cd/dvd jewell cases on shelves like hardcover books or vinyls
Your retarded

Attached: CD-BINDER.jpg (1500x1500, 84K)

buy vinyl and digital

Based

But CD cases are FOS, and they're FOSS-friendly!

>he would rather pay .99 for an mp3 at 1/10th the quality that will eventually degrade into nothing
Morons like you is why the jews keep winning

shut up noob

>nostalgia intensifies

I still like to have them instead of digital
I mean if I can have an album for $10 or for $10 + physical why not?
The storage thing was never an issue for me, just make a dedicated shelf

If you want to support artists buy merch or donate driectly, they earn way less from CDs than you might think

ugh yuck

And because they are made out of polystyrene put of all fucking thermoplastics, you can scratch them just by putting them down on the desk/taking them out from a rack.

it was kinda cool to store CD-Rs on them too
you could display them almost like a collection

Those super thin cases are real nice.
The ones that are under 1cm thick, I think they are like 8mm thick.
There's the ones that are square-ish just like this, or the larger rectangle ones that you usually see for media discs with booklets in them.

There's some damn fine ones I have next to me that aren't shit-tier loose plastic that ALWAYS SNAPS. They are held together with a solid plastic bend and paper.
Oh yeah, it was a Heroes boxset. Oooo boy.
But dem cases man, dem fukken cases.

>I just wanted to support some of my favorite artists by buying the physical disk

You should've just signed up on their patreon, grandpa.

CD audio quality still beats streaming nearly all of the time. There should have been a revision to the standard before iTunes came out that increased durability and capacity. (Super Audio CD doesn't count because you needed a new player to use it)