Besides Lisp, what are some languages that have no real-world practical usage?

Besides Lisp, what are some languages that have no real-world practical usage?

Attached: 1517948046680.png (640x211, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aaronsw.com/weblog/rewritingreddit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

C

Jow Forums

Haskell

This

Rust

I'm a drafter that works on M.U.D.s. Are you talking about AutoCAD?

most ML style languages or similar, see >66335602
anything "pure", single-paradigm, one-size-fits all approach, see Smalltalk, Forth, Rebol/Red, [your stack-based language here]
theorem provers and other PLT research from after the 90s
anything that isn't an imperative language with optionally some OOP, FP or other small feature sprinkled in
everything 4G beyond basic query languages that you can circumvent with an ORM

>Lisp
>No real world practical usage

Sure OP, say that to Autodesk/Bricsys.

Attached: VLIDE-Screenshot-3-1024x659[1].png (1024x659, 338K)

>winfag detected

Attached: haskell_2x.png (449x641, 25K)

Nim

fpbp

you mean no uses in your world since you will never write a non-trivial program or system

Lisp and Haskell are not used in real world because the source code became very hard to follow once 20 or more programmers work in the same project.

Class based OOP is the right choice for companies because you can hire mediocre programmers with less risk of fucking everything up.

this.

People can woo about these language having Pythagorean mathematical harmony and super-efficiency, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to whatever tool people can get shit done with, and collaborate on, even if it's not as polished as the architecturally pure software neckbeards have in mind.

>being this delusional and inexperienced

it is used for embedded systems

I have a couple of private projects in Haskell and Lisp, but you are more or less correct when I go to work, all of the code there is Python, Go, C#, languages like that. It's whatever--pays the bills. Thing about Lisp is it's actually enjoyable to write.

Lisp is fine if you're the only programmer. Trying to comprehend what the other bastard wrote is a bitch. Same with perl.

This. The best softwares are written by 1 to 4 programmers interacting with each other at a very high level. Sqlite for example.

kys

user, the real world is a bit bigger than you think it is

>aaronsw.com/weblog/rewritingreddit
>tfw hipsters have to rewrite their entire Lisp codebase into Python because they need better performance and maintainability

Attached: 6692488.jpg (593x445, 27K)

I literally just got hired to write haskell

kys means kiss in danish :3

>Rebol/Red
How are those "pure", single-paradigm languages? That they're based on some interesting ideas doesn't make them alien like the rest. Actually at least Red is practical in that it can produce small (contrast to Go) statical-linked binaries and even the toolchain and the standard library are contained in a ~1MB file.