So I'm in the market for a new "main" monitor that is 27", 144hz...

So I'm in the market for a new "main" monitor that is 27", 144hz, 1440p and preferably a TN as I game on it as well as work (not with pictures/video, just regular boring spreadsheet stuff), and don't want to get into the IPS lottery.

What's the best stuff on the market right now? Price isn't that much of an issue. Been looking at the Dell S2716DG, but I'm not sure about Dell as a brand for good monitors, and while most people seem to praise the shit out of it, I've seen a trend in people mentioning the monitor having trouble with dark scenes, some backlight bleed, bad pixel inversion and some pretty rough artifacting in dark gradients...

Any good recommendations?

Attached: $_86[1].jpg (1024x768, 75K)

Mg278q, sometimes on sale for ~$300

Is there a gsync option? Forgot to mention that, it's not the most important thing in the world but it'd be nicer than paying for freesync which I'll never use.

I rma'd the S2716DG 3 times and all the panels were shit, the first one I got had a bit more backlight bleed around the edges than I liked and the following 2 both had disgusting backlight banding in the middle of the screen, a real shame because apart from being tn it's a perfect display

This is kind of the sentiment I'm getting about that monitor overall - sounds like the perfect display but seems to be plagued by a bunch of weird issues

get the S2417DG its more crisp and can OC to 165hz. Dell has good monitors.

There are 1440p 144hz ips monitors out there though and IPS>TN any day. Add goysync and they cost a fortune.

Not too interested in a 24" as I'm used to 27", feels like the perfect compromise for me.

I feel a clear difference in how IPS performs in games compared to TN, they're "mushier", not as crisp when you're quickly turning around and such. Plus, IPS monitors are as much of a lottery as graphics cards. Of course they're miles and miles better for picture quality.

even the shittyiest IPS will be better than the best TN by an order of magnitude, retard

That depends entirely on what you're primarily going to use the monitor for

please elaborate

>buy graphics card
>It works as advertised
Yeah it's such a lottery

>overclo-
Kys

If you're going to be playing games and doing work that doesn't require color precision on it, the lower response time and pixel transition time can very much so be worth worse colors

I recently bought a 31.5" 1440p vn aoc for like 180€ pretty happy about it

Forgot to say it has freesync

Link?

I get a 32" 4K Gsync AHVA IPS screen tomorrow. Will I feel much difference to a 60 Hz TN Gsync 4K?

Why'd you buy a 60hz?

It's not "just" worse colors. TN viewing angles (especially on large screens) can be so garbage that the colors on the edges are very visibly different than they are in the center. It's annoying as fuck if you're looking at something where a lot of the screen is in the same color and notice it, even if color accuracy isn't the point.

Viewing angle doesn't really matter when you're sat directly in front of the screen anyway, never ever seen a TN panel with a viewing angle so shit the corners are affected when sitting directly in front.

>Viewing angle doesn't really matter when you're sat directly in front of the screen anyway
Yes it does, this is what I'm explaining to you. When you are sat directly in front of the screen you are only directly in front of the center. You are viewing the sides of the screen at an angle and if the screen is sufficiently shitty the same color on the edges will not appear as it does in the center.

>never ever seen a TN panel with a viewing angle so shit the corners are affected when sitting directly in front
I've seen plenty, maybe you haven't seen any really bad ones, or paid attention, or you just haven't seen one big enough for this to be an issue. It's less pronounced on smaller screens because the angles aren't as bad.

Because I don't have 2600 € and these new monitors are shit. They can deliver 144 Hz with color compression, just 90 Hz with 4:4:4 and have massive issues.

Well the only size I'm looking at is 27", so I don't really think it's worth taking into consideration at all