NEW INTEL CPU BUG

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

NEW INTEL CPU BUG THAT AFFECTS PRETTY MUCH ALL CRYPTOGRAPHIC APPLICATIONS:
openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2018/06/13/7

This affects FPU context switching, which now needs to be completely cleared because of state leaking!!

Intelfags on suicide watch, again.

Attached: intel.png (512x512, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UaQpvXSa4X8
webassembly.org/
gog.com/galaxy
jsfuck.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IT ISN'T REAL

Attached: 1514364484816.png (807x745, 196K)

>using non-standard architecture with decades old hardware is the best form of security in 2018
Feelsgood

I don't think this can be fixed at microcode level. The software patch will probably have a significant impact on performance.

It's amazing that this is happening again and again, what the fuck is going on with Intel engineers?

explain to a retard?

Intel isn't having bad luck. Literally is paying of all their crimes in a cosmic manner.

oohhh...snap...
now this fag
will have to go back to his old faithful AMD.

ppc in da haus?

Hmm. I was planning to pull the trigger on an 8700k when amazon UK finally gets it back in stock. I might wait a little longer and grab a ryzen instead if this has a huge performance impact.

Although I would probably only be convinced to switch if it results in single-core perf being slower than the 2700x.

Likely same as with car engineers. Not incompetence but outside influence.

Hackers and malware can easily steal your encryption keys.

>what the fuck is going on with Intel engineers?
The experienced vets have been fired and all that's left are the guys who are really good at slapping cores on iterated-to-death P6.

No shit, I meant a more in-depth explination

I'll be the one to note that this bug hasn't been officially confirmed, but is rumored to be true. An attempt was made to confirm the vulnerability with Intel, but of course they have been unhelpful about it. So, as a precaution, patches were made to mitigate such a vulnerability.

?

Attached: alpha-powered-compressed.png (2637x1800, 108K)

something tells me I should be buying amd stocks.

Some algebraic operations needed for cryptography could be leaked between processes, making it trivial to discover private keys and other crypto stuff.

*secret keys (since this affects symmetric-key algos)

>what the fuck is going on with Intel engineers?
They are working on adding shit to P3 arch not to change it, and when you put cheddar cheese in nice new package it still has holes in it.

cheddar doesn't have holes you inbred

>t. rat

>t. jew nose

this is huge; bump

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Mysterious Merchant.gif (452x523, 4K)

Yikes

Attached: 1528775615249.gif (250x305, 322K)

>FPU
>PRETTY MUCH ALL CRYPTOGRAPHIC APPLICATIONS

Wut? How would the floating point unit affect INTEGER based crypto?

Because the FPU is where the AES-NI and XMM registers are, which are used by modern implementations.

>FPU performance is kill
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

WHY DID I BUY SHITTY INTEL?

I WANT MY MONEY BACK NAO

Thank God. Finish them.

Intelaviv

Keep going... tell us how many cryptographic primitives you know which don't depend on the FPU for sensitive operations.

Holy fuck i just bought a laptop with intel since this is the only trash that they sell in my country now I want to kms

INTLEL IS BURIED AND FINISHED
HOW WILL INLELSHILL EVER RECOVER?

BUG INSIDE(TM)

Wait what, again?

Still haven't updated, still don't care.

Attached: 1520683395912.jpg (810x780, 70K)

true if big

I sense a lawsuit coming
watch intel replace or give rebates on 20 years of CPUs

Attached: mercantile.jpg (474x452, 39K)

>yet another meltdown
can't wait to see the new benchmarks post patching

Attached: epiccpuusage.png.jpg (1200x566, 63K)

50% perf hit on syscalls
you may as well be running a pentium 2 after that.

pillaged and obliterated by intel

What is the chance that AMD is spending money on their R&D to find these exploits in Intel?
Another thing, what does this exploit mean for the average joe? Does that banking info and passwords could be easily stolen from any Intlel machine?

pentium 2s are also affected, user. If you go with intel it will only get worse. The secondhand market for intelshit will disappear over the next few months

so is AES-NI kill?

yup.
all the way back to pentium pro, and it's "not a backdoor" it's "just a cpu bug"
amd won the x86 war, POWER is the future of big computing.

>Intel Corporation (INTC) revenue since Spectre

Attached: saupload_fdd6917f67106c9822b4452e9c2f6a64.png (635x366, 35K)

50%

Oh.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaQpvXSa4X8
OY VEY i'ts real

my nigga
I've got a PowerMac G4 laying around. I've got Ryzen on my gaymen box but I should bust it out for school work sometime.

nigga it dead
press B to benis :+DDD

yes

DELID THIS !!!

i hope they dont fix it so i can have fast cpu. i only care if they can hack me REMOTELY.

Anyone got a full article for this new fuckup from intel?

but you need to have a virus installed for the exploit to work, so what's the point?

>actually patching
I told you shits it wasn't worth it anymore. Won't make a lick of difference now other than your lost in preformance.

Attached: 1510899303951.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

>implying I have anything to hide

Attached: 5732591135.png (653x726, 84K)

Attached: 1497658837285.gif (2000x1153, 365K)

>install game
>game's drm exploits the bug
>???
>I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

No press release from intel yet. I'm sure there will be something released in a few days.

>installing games with DRM
>2018
lel. If it isn't available on GOG, it's probably not worth having.

this class of bug can be exploited from fucking javascript in web pages.

GOG has drm on lots of games now. Just pirate games and buy a t shirt from the studio ig

No public statement yet, just patches being merged and Intel threatening with NDAs people to not make any comment on the issue.

>open web page
>it runs some aes/fp operations
>suddenly your private keys are leaked
very nice

>running javascript
>2018
there's your problem

>TFW not a single ryzen/raven ridge laptop in local stores and online ones dont even deliver to your country. I wanna ditch this Intel "Everyone Inside" garbage.

> employees must flush all cache lines before returning to work

i unironically use this whenever i need to use scripts on one of my websites webassembly.org/

webasm is the future we chose
it makes me wish the jvm won

Delete these lies or I'll have to call CTS Labs again!

Attached: 6.png (552x661, 288K)

Attached: gollum_angry.jpg (400x300, 17K)

Why can't we just drop all patents on intel so new x86 processors can be made?

What's the easiest vector that can take advantage of this, JS?

>GOG has drm on lots of games now.
Got a source on that? From what I can tell after a quick search, the only titles with DRM are multiplayer ones that require connecting to the publisher's servers.

So does this mean we could and should use the below as a workaround? I assume this leak only occurs during generation.
>disconnect from Internet
>take backup of system
>generate the keys
>copy the keys around via sneakernet
>restore from backup

He may be referring to this gog.com/galaxy

AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON
AMD WON
>AMD WON

get the fuck off of my board, you faggots

hold up, so its possible to use sse, instead of trap, to accelerate speculative exploits?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy shit.
brian, dont kill yourself over this, man.

Attached: jfmsu.jpg (1306x929, 230K)

Karma is a bitch.

Shut your fuckhole, you retard. Just because you don't understand JS, you're hating.

jsfuck.com/
javascript is for niggers. white men use strongly typed languages. if you fuck up the compiler will say so. don't use someone 'not understanding' as an excuse for your shit language that lets you write shit code

Attached: 14c.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Do you run Chrome on ring 0, user?

i don't just hate js, i hate the w3c and everything it made. the web was a mistake. prove me wrong.

protip: you can't.

grandpa we have typescript

No user, i run internet exploder in ring -3

so your language is so shit you use another to transpile to it?
talk about convoluted hackjobs.

>t. JavaScript "developer"
looks like you'll have to find a new job at McDonald's, JavaScript is on the way out now
Should've been replaced 15 years ago desu

source: my ass
Kill yourself

>2018
>using computers

technology was a mistake
take the Kaczynski pill

>le i dont know the purpose of javascript on the web so im gonna keep acting like a retard
it was always supposed to be easy for newcomers, of course the price has to be paid for that

>tfw my self-rolled crypto is safe

It was actually a series of failed abortions and they just kept running with it thinking that somebody else would fix it (no one did)

>i5 8400 is cheaper than r5 2600
i guess i'm getting a r5

Intel caught again providing vulnerabilities to be exploited.

At this point we should all assume that all major platforms have been backdoors or otherwise bugged since 911.

javascript is a language made in 10 days that was supposed to be like lisp, turned out to have some interesting useful properties with scope. the problem is the javascript ecosystem all the way down. too many levels of abstraction just to make a page run. it's a bad language through and through.

You mean 1995, right?