No AMD consumer grade GPU until late 2019, possibly even early 2020

>no AMD consumer grade GPU until late 2019, possibly even early 2020

We're truly fucked aren't we? Imagine having to buy GTX 1060s at MSRP in 2020 because we're not fucking getting anything new until then and the most we might hope from Nvidia is a shitty incremental refresh with 10% performance boost.

Why is the GPU market so fucked bros

Attached: 1423898111473.jpg (324x322, 41K)

Yeah imagine not being able to buy a new freshly released video card every year like a fucking moron with too much of daddy's trust fund money to burn. What is wrong with you? I can run new games on a GPU that I purchased in 2012. Needing to have new technology to this point is a mental disease.

You dont *need* a new gpu.

but Nvidia nerfs my GPU's performance every update. I DO need a high end GPU, how else am I going to get to gold in league of legends?

>nvidia fucks my shit up
Then dont buy shit from nvidia.

are those pillows meant to be subliminar titties?

I'm using a gtx480 I found in a closet right now, I'm gonna have to get something soon.

shitty argument
so you are saying its better to have exact same hardware for years for the same price than have even incremental upgrades with previous model becoming cheaper?
im running on 2011 hardware right now and would love to get a new gpu. do NOT want to spend launch price for 2 year old stuff.

well, the PS4 was released in 2013 for $399, three years later the PS4 Pro for $399, and now you can buy the console for a whopping discount price of...

>mfw AMD stock hit $16
About time, thank god I held on.

Attached: pepaye1.jpg (1763x841, 343K)

>imagine not having an excuse to waste daddy's money on a toxic hobby
In case you are machine-learning memelord go fuck yourself too

Attached: 1528419384911.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Don't forget Navi is literally a custum made arch for Sony and their Playstation 5.
As with Vega, PC gaming is not the top priority and merely an afterthought.
Don't expect more than an upgraded RX480 that will have horrible driver optimisation because of a new arch and focus on consoles that have the optimisations done by the developers.
The 2021 big Navi may bring some """""competition""""" to the higher end like Fury and Vega did but it is clear that AMD has given up on PC gaming.
And no, Intel will not save you.
They will focus on the Server/Datacenter market only.
Hold onto your memories of a GPU market with actual competition and innovation because it will only get worse from now.

>tfw nvidia starts pulling an intel and releases yearly 5% increment upgrades

Whats wrong with machine learning? Go read a book, it's interesting stuff

That's what novideo fanboys get for buying games with gameworks.
If you don't want to buy an AMD card that runs warmer and performs slightly worse, that's understandable. Supporting AAA studios who take Jacket man's money and optimise the games only for Nvidia only hurts AMD users more, and now it'll hurt everyone.
Reminder: GTX 1080 is a mid range card

This.
390X is doing just fine.

>GPUs should only be used for meme-coins
Kill yourself unironically

>mfw I've always done AMD + Nvidia anyway

Attached: IMG_4503.jpg (750x810, 51K)

Vega 64 is a mid range card?

Fine

R9 290x is working like a dream still

Because the 760 that I bought years ago cant hold up in recent things Mankind Divided and I fell hard for the 1440p meme recently.

$300, almost $200 some times of the year thats a pretty nice deal

Fine Wine™ shines on mine

I love having 1440p on my 27" monitor.

Having tried a 1080p one out at university, 1440p is really the minimum for that screen size.

I second this I have both 1080 and 1440.

Except my 270x is broken & forced to downgrade to GTX 560, and i dont want to buy a two years old video card.

>gaymers getting gouged for being corporate worshiping retards

Well deserved punishment for letting nvidia get so big the last ten years. AyyMD is dead (GPU side anyway) and can no longer afford the R&D. You better pray Rajeet can convince his new big nosed boss to allocate resources to a new elite gayman team division.

>GPUs should only be used to make money
Ftfy, thats the whole point of computers, it is a tool, not play-doh

Nothing wrong with the topic itself, just too many people getting in the bandwagon

Attached: play-doh-4-ounce-single-can-yellow--744504BE.zoom.jpg (960x960, 63K)

Because when I want to know what the whole point of computers is, I run my opinion by some neckbeard on a polynesian underwater basket weaving board first.

The term "computer" comes from "computation", let that sink for a minute and then go back to to meet with other brainlets that dont have enough money to afford a GPU

Attached: 1527887470932(2).jpg (1683x1080, 462K)

Then why are you using your computer to shitpost and not to make money right now?

>1060 3gb
>bad buy

Ur mad user. Its a cheap gpu with more than acceptable performance. It falls short only in games that rely on CPU too heavily for it to compensate, whereas a 1080 would do just fine with a shitty cpu.

It's okay the 1180ti is just a shitty refresh.
im using a gtx 760 i got on shopgoodwill.com for fucking $60 shipped.

So the "1080 is a midrange card" tripfag stopped posting with a trip, but he's still posting. kys.

>1440p
>with a 760
kys

970 is still pumping

>GPUs should only be used to make money
> Ftfy, thats the whole point of computers, it is a tool, not play-doh
God fucking dammit, greedy fucks like you that put EVERYTHING in terms of money is why the world is gone to shit. Capitalism was a damn mistake, fuck.

Attached: 1528957928791.png (329x241, 47K)

Are you me? My rx270 melted and now I'm on a 560ti.

fuck off poorfag

You realize computer games have been around since the beginning of personal computers right? Many people bought shit like Atari and Commodore computers just for games. That's part of the reason PC clones took off. Not to mention consumer 3d accelerators literally only exist because of gaming, without 3DFX, Nvidia and ATI we'd still be getting raped by SGI.

There are no games worth getting those GPUs for now anyway.
None.

Kingdom Come.
Far Cry 5.
Cyperpunk 2077.
Mankind Divided.
Red Dead Redemption 2.
Skull and Bones.
Doom Eternal.
Monster Hunter World.
Now shut up and go play fucking Joust you fossil.

>Far Cry 5
Can't believe you put something from Ubishit on that list, neck yourself

>no AMD consumer grade GPU until late 2019, possibly even early 2020
Dont believe currytech lies, you stupid faggot.

Don't update. Why would you even want to update from stable drivers? It's not like nvidia comes up with semi-stable package more often than once in 2 years.

I hate Ubishit too but other than the guns feeling like children's toys and the explosives being overpowered (and fun) as shit, it's a very good game, and it's already been cracked so it's not like I bought it. I haven't played a game with an ending as good as that since, well, Red Dead Redemption, really, or maybe Doom 2016 if I were to be less generous.

That entire list is dogshit, with the potential exception of Doom Eternal (we'll see.)

C2077 demo was supposedly running on the Xbox One X, which is RX570 level hardware. All of those games you listed were essentially running on an RX570, as that's roughly what the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro GPUs are.

Anyone with an RX570/RX580/RX480 is still going to be fine for years.
Meanwhile in a few more years, 1080 drivers are going to be downgraded to worse than Polaris just like with Fermi to see the new $1200 GTX 1180.

>XBOX X
>RX570 level
Uh, no it's not, it's more akin to a 580X/590, it's the biggest Polaris card made, just happens to be a semi-custom part

>he hates Cyberpunk 2077, a game he hasn't even played yet
Don't tell me you hate the fucking sun, too, user.
Back to /v/, with everyone else who doesn't actually play video games, you go.

I don't disagree, but if you haven't noticed, RX 570s are STILL not going for MSRP in most places. In fact they're running for 300 euros down here. This will only be fixed when the new stuff comes out. And I really hope the new stuff is good because I really fucking hate the prospect of being stuck on the 1050ti I bought as a fucking placeholder for two more years.

It's 6.2 teraflops and those numbers are probably calculated using clocks the actual shitty thermal system console can't sustain for 10 seconds, so in real world terms it's an RX 570X with decent optimisation.

wow you are actually retarded and don't know what clock speed is.

Though you could say PS4 is, in some aspects, better as it has the double fate FP16. It's FP32 is significantly worse.

Yeah, you can get RX580 for decent prices sometimes. There's an RX580 8GB for $280 that includes a $20 steam card, and it is a decent model one.

I was on first gen GCN a long time and finally upgraded. Though the FPS increase in games isn't massive, it no longer blows hot air out of my case, has better video decode, and tons of other little features I didn't really think about before.
I wanted to wait for Navi, or I was hoping maybe they'd make a 40CU Vega with 2x 2GB HBM stacks, but nope. So I got this to hold me over until I can upgrade to 4k, and I'm happy with it.

>Ponzi scheme coin craze begins
>Upgrade my whole PC minus the GPU
>Got an i7 8700 rig and a 4K monitor but no GPU to drive them

Cheapest 580 you can get here is still 300 euros, and it's an ugly XFX twin heatpipe twin fan version that can't boost for shit, not paying more than 50 over MSRP for that shit. Besides, it's a three year old card, it should be going for under 200 by now, this is some bullshit.

I mean yeah my 1050ti runs cool as ice, ShadowPlay works great and I can still play anything I want on UltraMeme screen but the second the new cards roll out Nvidia's going to fuck me over, so I want AMD to get its shit together and stop scamming retards who are still trying to mine.

>he didn't plan his budget around his monitor

>RX 580 is 3 years old
No it's not

Sorry, but the 480 is pushing on two and they're the same damn card.

Then say it's a two year old card instead of exaggerating to make your point

It will be a three year old card by the time it gets replaced.

Oh well, probably because It Just Werks™

Not with OpenGL and Ryzen it doesn't.

Funny cause I'm using a 2400G with a 580 Nitro+ and have had no issues whatsoever

Try playing any OpenGL games or emulators where AMD's drivers don't support multithread rendering.

how likely are they to support the vega 56/64 for the next few years? i dont want them to drop me like they did with the 7970

They dropped the 7970? Before or after they rehashed it twice with the 280X and the 380?
If you weren't satisfied with the 7970's support, well the Vegas sold a lot worse among gamers, so expect worse, unless they just shrink the same architecture to 7nm and have them be the new stepdown flagships next year, in which case, support will be about the same.

not gaming, rendering and shit. it didnt have a high enough gcn version to be supported by blender when it was only 3 years old i think. i can basically only use amd cards for linux reasons although i do dual boot for games and certain software. speaking of which fuck adobe

Then don't update your Blender. The software is shit and will remain shit no matter how updates come out for it, don't worry about it.

>but Nvidia nerfs my GPU's performance every update
Meanwhile my 750ti is faster than ever

Realistically no consumer need more than a supermicro with an opteron x3421, ever.

>no new GPU architecture for two years AMD and the consumer is kill
AMD always takes a millennium to release new shit. Now you have two years to save $300 neetbux. You will be just fine.

ew

Go. Play. Joust.
Fossil.

No, so it's embarrassing how Vega 56 is a fuck huge die and is competing with it. Vega 64 and 1080Ti have no big die size difference, but the 1080Ti is considerably stronger. Nvidia driver magic man, they're great in software.

It's "midrange" in that the die is small. Look up die sizes, Pascal and Maxwell sold midrange dies at high tier prices. I think Kepler did it too?

Vega on 7nm doesn't look like it's coming to consumers which is a shame. The shrink looks pretty good.
Nvidia would crush them by going 7nm as well, but the 7nm Vega would definitely at least match the 1080Ti with a smaller die.

Attached: AMD-7nm-VEGA-vs-14nm-VEGA.jpg (1110x562, 121K)

t. true gayman

Oh I'm sorry, here I was assume you actually enjoy playing video games. You're too busy hating the sun to do that.

Buuuuuup

AMD blown the fuck out yet again. They will be behind for yet another generation.

When you consider the money earned from reselling the old computer parts you can build a new pc every two years for the net cost of $1000. That is only $500 a year to own a top of the line $1500-$2000 macine.

The 1080 ti is so far ahead of the 1080 that yes 1080 is a midrange card. Anything less then the 1080 is low tier or budget at best. Bear in mind nvidia needs those cards because they sell world wide and many 3rd world countries cannot afford better.

At 30hz. To run on my 1440p 165hz monitor with ultra settings the 1080ti is optimal.

>Imagine having to buy GTX 1060s at MSRP in 2020
imagine still being able to play games at 1080p high in 2021 with a hd 7950

>stock
sup boomer

>not buying at $1.6

>needs more than mid-grade 2012 card to run everything on ultra, 32x msaa
Get a better taste, you mainstream plebe.

>muh extraultra settings at 8K with 32x MSSQLXXXAA
play them at 1080p on high settings without stupid fucking bloom filters and shit you won't even notice you fucking manchild

lol, stop deluding yourself, a RX560 performs the same or better depending on the game

>people actually finished DOOM 2016
Every time I have tried to play through that game I have had some major fucking reinstall-Windows-tier bug. First time my OS drive just up and died after a CTD followed by my computer rebooting, second time there was another CTD during one of the end game boss fights caused networking to completely stop working. System restores, reinstalling drivers, all kinds of other hacky methods, nothing fixed it except reinstalling Windows. That one also corrupted my save. New save was corrupted by a BSOD about 14 hours in, after that I said fuck it. This was across two separate machines with no shared parts too.

You know what's fucked? I saw that shit happen in front of my eyes for years getting AMD updates from Seeking Alpha and fuckingnnever acted on it, must be nice not being hesitant

Still using my good old r9 380. Recently change the thermal compound to Artic Silver. Pretty good stuff, from fiery 99C to 64C on load.

Attached: 1516684053035.gif (500x375, 2M)

>got damn graphics card is still good 3 years later THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>BUY NVIDIA SO YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE EVERY 2 YEARS MAX

Yes that's true. It was 4k at 30fps.
That's still good for an RX570 tho.
Means Vega56 or 64 will probably do 4k 60 on it at least on reasonable settings.

Uh what?
An RX560 is considerably below a 7970.
An RX580 is pretty much straight up 2x the performance of the RX560, whereas it's 40-70% above a 7970.
Oh user said 7950. Idk I guess yeah it's an RX560 on the lower end, but will occasionally outperform it.

Artic silver is actually pretty trash. You could probably knock another 3-5C off with good thermal paste.

I bought at $1.87 xd Only 850 shares tho so I only made like 15-20 grand after a few sells on peaks and buys on dips.

Waiting for crypto to die to get some nice gpu for a bargain when the market gets flooded with the shit

Attached: cryptoToDie.jpg (2500x1667, 3.13M)

>Crypto die

Dude, there is over 80 coins out there and around 240 shitcoins that can become a coin when some coin become a shitcoin. It will never end. What AMD and Nvidia can do is increase their stocks. Don't worry, till next year everything will be normalized, but don't expect to get midrange gpus for less than 350.

Eh, from 99 to 64 on load and OC'd is good enough for me.

What the fuck? Never heard about anything like that.

no one cares gamurfaggot

>Seeking Alpha
hebes

You should have seen the articles that would come out by these Long Nvidia and Intel fags lel, the comment sections were golden
>are you actually trying to cause a short?
>do you actually have any idea what you're talking about?
This one Nvidia guy would get so mad if you called him out on his hit pieces for being hit pieces

Windows 10? If so, that's expected behavior.

Nice rhyme.

are you seriously that much of a consumerist bitch that you are not capable of not buying new unreasonably expensive toys?

capitalism is what gave you that gpu in the first place you communist

Lmao at libertarians using this line of reasoning.