No, seriously, why aren't you using Rust yet, user?

No, seriously, why aren't you using Rust yet, user?

Attached: rustlogo.png (512x512, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spinellis.gr/blog/20060626/
arewewebyet.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe because I don't put dildos in my anus.

Compilation times.

fpbp
/thread

no c++ abi compatibility

>c++ abi compatibility
Even C++ doesn't have it, why do you expect it from Rust.

C was enough for me most of the time, also there is some spell in writing in language I'm able to write self-hosting compiler for
society pushes me to know C++, JS and high-level functional programming (OCaml or Haskell) and there aren't that many use-cases where I need both speed and easily provable constructs
all the libs are already written in C
I have an opinion that they go too far with the type system

maybe they should have made an effort to fix that before going off and making a new language that is supposed to be able to integrate with c++ programs

Rust is the future.

idk man ask that guy

Attached: Capture+_2018-06-14-00-09-10.png (656x613, 121K)

>that is supposed to be able to integrate with c++ programs
It isn't. It's supposed to integrate with C, and it does.

The rest of C++ is way too fundamentally broken and even Barney Starsoup acknowledged in his "Remember the vasa" paper that the committee has their head to far up their ass to change direction.
>also there is some spell in writing in language I'm able to write self-hosting compiler for
You wouldn't be able to write a fast, compliant and proper optimizing compiler for it, though. And at this point you might as well write a compiler for a better language.

nothing interops with c++ without fucky bindings generators

i'm too lazy and stupid

Not true, D wastes enormous efforts to support like all thousands C++ ABIs.

I want to learn something other than WebDev, so I thought about learning Rust. But I do not know how to participate in open source projects, so I can show my skills, once I have learned Rust. Where can I participate and get my code reviewed by professionals?

Or TLDR: how do I become Rust-Dev if I am outside of college already?

>haha based and redpilled and epic af /b/ro xDDD
you need to go back

>Where can I participate and get my code reviewed by professionals?
Unironically at reddit.

>No, seriously, why aren't you using Rust yet, user?
oh boy, another thread started by a larping brainlet pretending he is using a cutting edge language but is actually a sheep hoping people will give him reasons to use said language

fuck you OP, you dont know shit about Rust, you cant be assed to read a book about it, now you expect to start a hype thread, why would I or anyone waste time giving you reasons when you are just going to start the same X vs Y language circlejerk thread tomorrow, just keep using C/C++/Java/C#

so does everything else
i know this is hard for you to understand but c++ has been around for more than 30 years and there are many applications using it in production
wrong, see objective-c++

>Why aren't you using *INSERT SHILL HOST-NAME

>*INSERT SHILL HOST-NAME BTFO!!!!!! HOW WILL THEY RECOVER

>*INSERT SHILL HOST-NAME is god tier using anything else makes you a cuck!

>i know this is hard for you to understand but c++ has been around for more than 30 years and there are many applications using it in production
That doesn't mean you can fix it. In fact it means you can't.

>fast, optimizing
indeed no, might be able to do terry-level optimizing but some compilation speed comes from lack of optimization passes
>compliant
could do ANSI, maybe C99, would probably struggle with C11
>you might as well write a compiler for a better language
indeed

so your proposed solution is to replace it with another language that has most of the same problems but breaks compatibility because figuring that one out was "too hard"

Hahahha based bro

>so your proposed solution is to replace it with another language
fullstop, that option simply has the best problems
>that has most of the same problems
It doesn't, though.
It has the Haskell range of compiler problems, meaning, they will fix their shit in the next 5 years or become insignificant enough for something else to take their place.

>could do ANSI, maybe C99, would probably struggle with C11
Rumors has it that creating a compliant preprocessor is surprisingly hard.

>best problems
best prospects

>Rumors has it that creating a compliant preprocessor is surprisingly hard.
spinellis.gr/blog/20060626/

What does that have to do with Rust?

Well, that solves it, probably.
Maybe Rust works better on fruit computers.

GitHub or similar

too much features, too much thinking about useless stuff. Imma stick to C and Python and eventually learn Go. I don't need safety anyway. If my code pass the test it's good, no need for Rust.

tl;dr: no usecase for Rust

Because it took me 3 hours to find the equivalent for scanf

>tl;dr: no usecase for Rust
this

>that option simply has the best prospects
yeah they were so good that other people thought of it too and now we have 5-10 new incompatible "c++ replacement" languages that increase cognitive load by even more orders of magnitude
>It doesn't, though, It has the Haskell range of compiler problems
stopped reading there, nobody cares about the problems you're having developing your compiler, haskell is the worst example you could have used because of how impractical it is in many cases

Nothing that comes close to OTP (the standard concurrency/fault tolerance framework for Erlang) yet.

>yeah they were so good that other people thought of it too and now we have 5-10 new incompatible "c++ replacement" languages
That's because most of those people went full retard at some point and jumped the shark.
>that increase cognitive load by even more orders of magnitude
>t. brainlet
>stopped reading there, nobody cares about the problems you're having developing your compiler
The fuck are you talking about user.
>haskell is the worst example you could have used because of how impractical it is in many cases
It's compiler is also retarded. But if it makes you feel better I could also point at all the people that believe LLVM is the cure for cancer.

because I'm being paid to use Scala and Python

why did no one mention the horrible split with the rust-book yet.
every time i search something i have to click thrice.
once for the search result, once for the old book, once for the new book.

also: the new book is ueseless!
the old one seems to be much better, but i found using rust by examle, github code search and docs.rs much more usefull

Let me translate that for you
>why aren't you getting sued by the code of cuckduct that Rust has

arewewebyet.org/

It isn’t tanoshii.

Because I'm not a tranny

why not? woman are beautiful and penises are gross

I enjoy hiding my gross penis inside a woman.

There's no reason to when I already have C++.

>No, seriously, why aren't you using Rust yet, user?
Probably because I don't like a CoC up the ass

More Rustfuckboy bs

>Probably because I don't like a CoC up the ass
Oh no! In order to join a forum / IRC channel, you have to agree to their rules!
It's a good thing that Jow Forums has nothing like that, right?

Where the hell does all the outrage about the Rust CoC come from? It's a completely boring "don't be an asshole" rule list, the same as every other site has.

I can participate in C++ discussions without cutting off my dick.

>dont be an asshole

If I write something, it's either to get paid (sepples) or for fun (Hasklel). I've got no use-case for Rust.