/pcbg/ - PC Building General (fixed the pastebin this time)

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find more detailed videos on YouTube)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install older Windows with USB 3
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing

Overclocking
>DO NOT BUY AN 8000K SERIES CPU IF YOU AREN'T OVERCLOCKING
>Delid 8000K series
>Use Precision Boost 2 offsets to overclock Ryzen 2000X series

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider if close to 2200G price
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for gaming, but most expensive platform & delid necessary
>R7 2700/X - Best mainstream high-end mixed usage
>Threadripper/used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

Motherboards
>Don't buy A320 (All Ryzen is unlocked)
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize memory over 2666MHz

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - Too much for most users
>2933MHz+ is ideal; 3200 CL14 is B-die

Storage
>StoreMI can make HDDs better
>Consider getting a larger SSD instead of SSD+HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 can be SATA or PCIe
>PCIe/NVMe for intensive use only

Video cards
>SLI and CrossFire are unadvisable
MSRP of common cards
>(GTX) 1050- $110, Ti- $140; 1060 3GB- $200, 6GB- $230; 1070- $380, Ti- $450; 1080- $500, Ti- $700
>(RX) 570 4GB- $170; 580 8GB- $230; Vega 56- $400; Vega 64- $500
1080p
>1050 Ti, 1060 3/6GB, or 570/580
>1070 or Vega 56 if you're looking for 100+ fps & have a CPU to match
1440p
>1070/Ti, 1080 or Vega 56/64
>1080 Ti if you're looking for 100+ fps & have a CPU to match
2160p
>1080 Ti

Monitors
>G-SYNC only with high budget/refresh rate
>Always consider FreeSync with RX cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: illust_54011206_20180612_233837.jpg (1444x1910, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/8Mbkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gtz
nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/Lnv9Cb
pcpartpicker.com/list/mXtDjy
youtube.com/watch?v=71onBU69dNg
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17304233
youtube.com/watch?v=imZYzSOV27g
pcpartpicker.com/list/FTDRV6
pcpartpicker.com/list/pPpPJ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/TktDjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/t6CRV6
pcpartpicker.com/list/WHPpKB
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188191&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YMVv4q
pcpartpicker.com/list/8cqFZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/PtKrMZ
forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/kms-tools.51/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BANE?

>I don't understand.
Currently there's no bundle for the Taichi and until this week it wasn't on sale either. I've had bad experiences with the Z97 Extreme 4 and Pro4, which are lower end, but they're my experiences with Asrock.

G7, bios aside, at least on paper seems like the better x470 board with better heatsinks, more fan headers, more USB ports, DAC, etc and isn't a brand I've used before. From what I've seen with Ryzen 2000 you don't really do much of a manual OC so the additional VRMs on the Taichi seem a bit overkill on top of what's already overkill.

i5 8600k
or
AMD 2700

So this one would do fine on the X470 without being listed on the QVL right? nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/8Mbkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gtz
nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/Lnv9Cb

pcpartpicker.com/list/mXtDjy
>1080p 60hz but I want to overkill to stave off buyers remorse
>The NVMe SSD is literally the same price as the 2.5 drive version, same performance, I just figure having less wires is beneficial.

500gb isn't enough to not worry about space but its enough to hold every game I'll currently be playing. I did the math and I don't think I could deal with a 256gb drive because some games that I leave installed because people sporadically want to play them take up like 40 gigs (blazblue centralfiction, I mainly play guilty gear but people like blazblue for some reason.)

Attached: guan_yu.jpg (627x426, 60K)

this cunt says all the ryzen motherboards are the same when used with a stock 2700X and whatever B Die you are willing to buy
youtube.com/watch?v=71onBU69dNg
Why then buy X470 over say B450?
Is there even a single reason?

Probably intel, but I'd suggest you wait a few days and see what happens with this: news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17304233

Instead of posing a direct CPU vs CPU you should forst explain what the purpose is.
16 threads will stomp all over 6 in anything multithreaded but in most situations neither make sense over a 2600/X
MX500 is M.2, not NVMe (but still a great value)
You don't need extra paste
1070 Tis run as low as $450 and Vega 56s can get down to $485 so I don't get why you would spend so much

In general though you made a very solid build
I don't think any B450 is gonna have BCLK, and the X470 VRMs can handle a future 10/12 core if need be

Attached: illust_30175335_20180612_225130.jpg (395x715, 109K)

>Why then buy X470 over say B450?
Pretty much the main reason is that if you buy a X470 you know for an absolute fact that when you go to set up your build you aren't going to have to do any BIO's wankery to get your system to boot.

I want to build a gay-men pee-cee. I've been a poorfag all my life, so I don't care about max graphics or 4k memes or 120 FPS, I just want a computer that can play more or less anything at decent settings. But I also don't want to deal with 10 FPS ultra-low all shadows disabled like I have been for the past few years. Is this shit? Should I just use someone else's build guide instead?

Attached: 1374.jpg (1169x1505, 272K)

It seems that C2077 demo was running in true 4K on Xbox One X (basically an RX570).
I would have figured a high spec PC.
youtube.com/watch?v=imZYzSOV27g

Lots of little details that point out console quality that simply looked better due to being 4K even if you're watching the trailer on 1080p downsampled that you only see zoomed in. Basically what I've said numerous times about medium-high at higher resolution downsampled looking better than native resolution at higher settings in most games.

B450 aren't out yet.
If you want to wait, and THEY HOPEFULLY FUCKING MAKE SOME DECENT BOARDS THIS TIME THAT AREN'T THE X CHIPSET, it's fine.

b350 can definitely have a bit worse memory compatibility. Just read user reviews of people bitching about RAM not working on some boards, but not others. HWUB is wrong. He's often wrong.

2700X on sale for like $290 now. That's obviously the best choice. Cheaper than an 8600k+cooler and just far better overall.

But.. the bundle savings is only $20?
So it's the same price unbundled.

pcpartpicker.com/list/FTDRV6
In the last thread I didn’t get great feedback on this. What’s the problem please? Thank you

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 221K)

What a strong fucking cat. Respect.

Oops, monitor I plan on getting is BenQ XL2411P. Mainly for CS, TES games, and maybe some PUBG

pcpartpicker.com/list/pPpPJ8
Here's the link, I'm a retard.

>So it's the same price unbundled.
Exactly. Taichi going on sale threw my plans off. That's why I asked if i was making a big deal out of nothing and if it's just personal preference for the UEFI like said.

Taking a quick look at the QvL for the Taichi though I don't see the same ram that's on sale for $160 so I probably have my answer though.

Oh seeing as you mentioned most B-die should work fine on any X470 could I switch out the Asus Prime X470 Pro for an ASRock X470 Master?

Hahahahhaa please be joking
I swear did you even read the OP
There is no one problem
8400 is poor multithread value and has no per-thread advantage over 2600X
Aftermarket cooling and Z370 are waste of money
250GB on an SSD is small
1060 isn't great for 144Hz in most games
PSU is sorta average
No need to buy case fans
Like I said, for 144Hz this would be a better value
pcpartpicker.com/list/TktDjy

Attached: illust_29775897_20180612_231714.png (699x661, 268K)

>QVL
ANY 3000-3200MHz b-die is going to run on a Ryzen 2000 series X CPU, as far as I've seen, and very very likely overclock to 3400-3466 with tight timings. QVL doesn't matter for them if you get B-die.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/pPpPJ8
>FX-8370
You are a retard indeed.

Just do a 2400G build and upgrade the GPU later if you aren't satisfied with it.
And get a Freesync monitor that's 75hz or higher. Perhaps IPS @

Thanks for the feedback, you've calmed my nerves quite a bit. Are you sure I don't need the extra paste? If it keeps my cpu temps lower and the wraith prism quieter then it seems worth the extra $11 for good thermal paste. I know that Ryzen 2 CPU's are soldered so they transfer heat a lot better and stay cooler in general but it still seems like a good idea to get aftermarket paste.

I've never actually built a PC before though so I'm kind of just regurgitating second hand knowledge.

Ah I see, thought the motherboard played a big role in choosing which ram sticks would be suitable.
Thanks!

B-Die is also prohibitively expensive compared to non. I'm look at $160 for 16gb that's on the QvL for G7 and 200ish for the board. Jumping up to B-Die (an extra $50-70 just for the sake of compatibility (because Taichi and bundled G7 are the same price) seems a bit dumb.

I know it's absolutely better, but for my use case (gaming/regular PC use) from what I remember the difference was single digit frames.

What paste?
If using stock 2700X cooler, kyronaut wouldn't really hurt.
But if you are just running it stock, even in a warmer climate it'll be fine. But I mean... it's so easy to turn PBO up, so doesn't hurt to have the bit better cooling.

But also consider that you can dismount the cooler, clean off the old paste with rubbing alcohol, and replace it if you are unsatisfied with temps after the fact... No need to buy it immediately.

memory controller is on CPU.
Motherboard can affect it some because voltage regulation is on board and BIOS can apparently affect memory compatibility, but b-die with 2000 series X CPU just always works from what I've heard.
For less expensive RAM, stuff like 3200 CL16 and 3000 CL15 can be hit or miss on worse boards, from what I've seen, like the cheap Gigabyte ones. But... even the super cheap MSI boards seem to be running just about any RAM fine for people.

Memory compat is much less of an issue than with 1000 series.

Okay, I’ll consider getting an 2600X. Why is aftermarket cooling and Z370 a waste of money? I plan on expanding to 16GB RAM in the future, and I’ve read in several OP’s that Z370 is the only board that can utilize memory faster than 2666MHz, and 16GB of 3000MHz would give me a bit better performance in some games, no? I’m not even gonna refute your claim regarding aftermarket cooling. 250GB on an SSD is enough for Windows and programs I use frequently. The reason I’m going for the 144Hz monitor is for CS only, which is what I’m mostly going to be playing. I’m not expecting to get >144fps in any of the other games I play. I thought that was a good PSU? Why is it only average? Case fans
are for much aesthetics, and it’s only $20 for them.

$1100 is just for the PC. What is memory latency? As you can probably tell, I’m new to this stuff.

What is b die

Just bought my parts.

I'm so fucking anxious

Attached: 1501004794117.jpg (480x454, 49K)

I assumed that 1100 was without monitor and I do agree that for just those games a 580 would be best, however once you move past that it will be a struggle
Either way I feel like it's an improvement from the original build
Extra paste will only give a couple degree improvements at best and is not gonna be worth it over the stuff that comes on the stock cooler since the real reason to buy it is if you take things apart and need another application of it
When you have a locked processor it makes no sense at all to spend $50 on Z370/3GHz RAM which will only net you 5% more performance
Aftermarket cooling is mostly for OC which you are not able to do on the 8400
For just counterstrike, I would do this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/t6CRV6
Read the RAM section of OP and use Google

Attached: illust_45295846_20180612_224307.jpg (600x800, 138K)

What does thermal paste taste like?

Samsung B-die. The actual DDR4 dies on the DIMMs.
They're simply about 15% better than Hynix and Micron.

pcpartpicker.com/list/WHPpKB fits your budget.
There might be better PSU sales. I didn't really look.
Though if you can wait and already have a monitor to use in the mean time, I'd see if that Alienware 240hz goes on sale for close to $200 again.

apparently it's not often as cheap as $220. Might be misremembering the price.
Still, it's about the price you were considering for 144hz.

60fps is still good enough on games 'designed' to run at lower frame rates.
RX580 handles virtually everything at 60+ at least on high/very-high settings if not maxed.
Kinda whole point of adaptive sync. You can run those games like CSGO at high FPS nicely at the cap of your monitor's refresh rate, and also run ~60fps+ games nicely as well.

Attached: firefox_2018-06-13_17-59-14.png (1119x775, 197K)

Why?

salty coins

You'll be fine!
Cancer

Attached: illust_24466187_20180612_223556.jpg (800x600, 130K)

My first time doing this

1070TI dip when

What cpu should I upgrade to from a 4690k?

I was feeling the same but I just stopped thinking about it and it was all fine, make sure to get a case with fan control or adapter which goes into the motherboard, it was the only problem I had when building my PC, I just didn't know where all the fans will go into but luckily my case had fan controller included.

Well, might as well post the parts you chose so we can all inevitably give you a variety of contradictory reasons you should have chosen different ones!

>had fan controller included
I see people using these all the time. Can't you control it using Speedfan (or similar programs) or the motherboard controls?

Seconding this

You can yes, but you need to have a special adapter that all the fans go into and then it goes into the motherboard, my motherboard didn't even have the slot.

Ah. I just have a fan header hub for my rad fans. Every other fan in my PC is the same so I just tune them with the same curve despite being on different headers.

What's the advantage of a RX580 over a 1060? The AMD consumes more power and doesn't have any significant performance increases while having comparable (if not more expensive) prices.
Is Freesync that good?

Apparently that Armor Mk2 RX580 8GB comes with a $20 steam card now, so $260.

I think you're running out of the really good quality pictures. I haven't saved any of them in a while.

4790k if you can find it cheap. Overclocked, that'll still handle 60fps+ for a few more years if... ever.

If you want a more major upgrade, than 2600X or 2700X.

Freesync, yes.
Also dithering. You get banding with local dimming monitors on Nvidia because they sacrifice dithering support for fractionally more FPS I guess? It's not even an option to turn it on making those $2000 local dimming Gsync monitors completely useless.
And yes, RX580 uses more power but in the real world not so much. Like I have an RX580, and sure I can make it pull 200+ watts under a torture test, but in actual gaming with a 60fps FRTC the power consumption is more around 45-125watt.

>Is Freesync that good?
Better question is to ask is
>adaptive sync that good
Because Gsync is roughly the same thing, it simply costs more because it's proprietary and Nvidia charges for it to be included in monitors.
Yes, it is that good, and virtually every new monitor from the past few years includes it whether you were looking for it or not. And Freesync is cheaper and typically gives much, much better monitor options.

If you have the fan header then you're good.
Just don't forget to put the CPU/Liquid Cooling fan into the specified slot.

>And yes, RX580 uses more power but in the real world not so much. Like I have an RX580, and sure I can make it pull 200+ watts under a torture test, but in actual gaming with a 60fps FRTC the power consumption is more around 45-125watt.
So in real applications (games) it's not going to draw significantly more power than a 1060?

Best CPU cooler for overclocking a 8700k? Looking to spend no more than $80.

I found a new corsair h115i on craigslist for $70. Good deal?

Know anything about EVGA boards? Thinking about getting this:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188191&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

Attached: untitled-2.png (682x682, 53K)

My case doesn't have a fan controller, but my mobo has 3 chassis fan connectors and the BIOS is supposed to have a bunch of relatively easy/straightforward fan control options, including some automatic ones which are supposed to be good enough.

I've already posted em before, but here's my list: ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YMVv4q

I'm already aware of some of the potential flaws, such as the monitor being a shitty 60Hz with no freesync/gsync, but given the prices/sales and my budget I'm still fairly confident in the end my choices were decent. I ended up going over budget, but not too much so (I also bought some other stuff on amazon on top of what's in the list, e.g. a cheap keyboard).

Seems mostly fine, if all you do is gaming i'd stick with intel. You could save some $ with a cheaper z370 like the msi mortar. The 8400 runs fine with the stock cooler and that case comes with 3x12 fans so you don't really need more. I'd rather get a beefier cpu with those money. Maybe somthing like this pcpartpicker.com/list/8cqFZR

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 48K)

If i don't play fps a lot do i need to get a 144/120hz monitor over a 60hz one ?

>literally spend 20 hours assembling my first pc
>feel like ive scienced the shit out of it
>enteringpowersavemode.jpg

Attached: swoosh!.jpg (984x720, 78K)

A true gamer will find a way even with a 30Hz monitor

what should I avoid in a monitor? I found a pretty good deal but it's a local brand so I'm wary about its quality
refresh rate doesn't appear anywhere
21,5"
1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
IPS
Response time: 5ms
Pixel size: 0,24825 x 0,24825
Colors: 16,7 millions
Brightness: 230 cd/m2
Dynamic contrast: 1000:1
Viewing angle: 178°/178°

Am I retarded or are stock intel CPUs really badly designed?
>confusing arrow system, arrows point in the direction to turn when /removing/ when the typical user will first encounter it when /installing/ it
>need to place the mobo on a hard surface so you can press down firmly, which would be fine except it can't be /too/ hard because you need to allow space for the pins to go through
>held on by shitty mushy plastic grippers
>not obvious whether it's fully/properly installed, have to inspect the exact height of black pins
My first build had an aftermarket noctuna cooler, and although the installation was more steps than this (backplate, spacers, bracket, screw into bracket, reattach fan, blablabla) it was also a lot more logical, felt more secure, and it was very clear when each step was done.
Now I'm doing a cheap build for someone else and that shitty intel thing was the most annoying part of it. I feel like they could come up with a much better system without increasing cost (how about just nuts+bolts through the mounting holes instead of squishy plastic plunger peg things)?

Even at torture test on both, it's just a 60w lightbulb worth. So right.

RX580 is definitely not perf-watt efficient at high clocks. RX480 was okay, but they really pushed them and made them hot.
But given that it's a smaller chip, it's still not a huge difference in *absolute* terms. And in the real world outside of torture tests, the power usage isn't that high.
The benefits are worth the draw backs.

Nope, I've never used an EVGA board. I know they've made some nice enthusiast ones with tons of PCIe lanes using PLEX chips, but that's it.

I spent so long on my last build doing the wire management. Redid it a few times. Actually the longest a build has taken me, a few hours. Smaller cases take more time.

I'd say go for 75Hz. 75 Freesync monitors can be found for around $100-$150. It's a noticeable improvement.
It's like a logarithmic scale. The closer you already are to 144, the less noticeable the difference is. But every single fps above 60 to start with is pretty noticeable.
Somewhere in the 75-120fps range is the sweet spot, really. 60 fps isn't enough, and 75 is on the low side of "just right" Though on very fast paced FPS and racing games, you can still see the difference between 144 and 240.

I won't even use desktop at 30hz. Watching the cursor jump is painful.

>seems mostly fine
>motherboard costs as much as CPU
lol

>I'd say go for 75Hz. 75 Freesync monitors can be found for around $100-$150. It's a noticeable improvement.
>It's like a logarithmic scale. The closer you already are to 144, the less noticeable the difference is. But every single fps above 60 to start with is pretty noticeable.
>Somewhere in the 75-120fps range is the sweet spot, really. 60 fps isn't enough, and 75 is on the low side of "just right" Though on very fast paced FPS and racing games, you can still see the difference between 144 and 240.
Thanks man, i was gonna get myself the benq pd2500q, which looks really cool

(Me)
I guess I /am/ retarded, because I missed the operative word.
>stock intel CPU *coolers*

I've suggested a cheaper z370m, but If he needs onboard wifi and alc 1220 is the cheaper micro-atx z370 afaik.

>benq pd2500q
That has no sync at all.

If you have a Nvidia GPU already though, seems like a good choice. At the right settings you should be able to reliably keep above 75fps while keeping from paying the Goysync tax.
If you have an AMD GPU, you should get a Freesync monitor, though.

intuitive design and manual paper costs too much money for Intel.

Better suggestion would just be to get the $750 prebuilt with the i5-8400 and RX580.
If you're going to go cheap and get the i5-8400, there's no point in spending more building it yourself with odd component choices.
For that $950 price, can make a better 2600X build instead.

>better 2600X build instead.

With less fps in games and no micro atx form factor.
LOL

Is it sane to buy a used hard drive from ebay for bulk storage that doesn't need to be reliable (steam game installs)? I can get a 3TB drive for 60% of the price of a new one, for instance.

>If you have an AMD GPU, you should get a Freesync monitor, though.
Oh thanks , then i'll probably get the Philips 27" LED - 276E8FJAB , that one is 1440p IPS and got freesync

Where can I buy a cheap windows 10 key

Attached: IMG_20180326_061309.png (1080x1626, 93K)

>intel

Attached: 1497689967244.jpg (638x599, 123K)

If you're a uni student you can probably get one for free (and I think often you can get the Education version, which is supposed to be more or less the same as Enterprise version, which is pretty good).

Otherwise, kinguin has pretty cheap ones.

Finally, consider just not getting a license at all. Unlicensed windows mostly has aesthetic limitations, not so many functional ones.

The guy doesn't need muh multi threaded perfurmance he just wants to pwn noobs on csgo, just put your fanboysm aside for a moment and let him do it

>no micro atx form factor
B350M motherboards are still compatible and the same price as B360 (can't run 2666+MHz memory) and cheaper than Z370

Attached: 16765983.png (1824x1026, 431K)

Why buy one? Just use kmspico. Be sure to get it from the original source (mydigitallife forms), there are a bunch of shitty websites that pretend to be "official" while actually repackaging it with plenty of malware.

Alright csgo guy buy amd i give up to the autism, enjoy less fps, bios updadate with cpus you don't have and ethical cosumerism™

>muh multi threaded perfurmance
Even for that the 2600X is better

Attached: CSGO.png (1338x1181, 74K)

help

>enjoy less fps
again, pic related
>bios updadate with cpus you don't have
AMD sends free boot kits and some B450 motherboards will come with BIOS Flashback

Attached: 8c19106d54b3d1826cc93cf3afddf224.png (1338x1181, 70K)

If they don't list the refresh rate assume it's 60hz
If you're looking for a GAYMEN monitor than 5ms response isn't spectacular

Contrast ratio is pretty much useless

>276E8FJAB
Seems nice.
I didn't realize there were actually so many 1440p 75Hz monitors. A lot of them are wrongly listed as 60hz, or at 60hz out of the box but configure to 75 with freesync, apparently.

>Intel is faster if you gimp with slow RAM
hm.
I included B-die in that ~$1000 build.
i5-8400 is pretty good for poorfag builds, like that $750 prebuilt, but not worth it in a $900+ build.

>get less performance for same money just because you don't use it (yet)
By that reasoning why not just pay $200 for an old 6600k? I'm pretty sure they're still sold new on Amazon for around that. Why not pay even more for an even less powerful CPU?

What about it?
It's not like the panel was made by some random local guy. They all buy their panels from the same few companies.
Just buy it from a retailer that has easy returns in case you have dead/stuck pixels.

Does Half Priced Books buy GPUs?

Attached: Zoids.jpg (1920x1079, 473K)

How big of a discount are we talking? I personally wouldn't want a shitty no-name monitor but maybe you're less particular about quality than me.

Thanks. I just want it to watch my chinese cartoons, not interested in games.

30% compared to a similar HP one.

See if you can give it a shot IRL just to see if you like the colors
Bad, washed out and poorly lit cheap TV's and Monitors look BAD

why do they gimp the intel mem? Do they even try to OC the intel?

You mean go to the store with an HDD full of anime and ask the guy to let me see how they look?

Maybe just an episode on a USB stick.
I don't see why not.

Thoughts on gigabytes Windforce line?
Group buy on the 1080 OC 8GB for 500... Basically same pricing as the 1070ti i was looking at with slightly higher clocks.

Strix vs Windforce?

Strix

I am aware of those benchmarks but the i5-8600 is faster in games and cheaper than a r5-2600 + 3400MHz ram + OC and doesn't require you to beg for AMD to send you a cpu with pictures of your hardware just to update your goddamn bios.

pcpartpicker.com/list/PtKrMZ

I'm prepared to be ridiculed, but I honestly haven't had a PC before, I've always used laptops. This thing's integrated graphics card is fried though so I need to move on.
I just put together things with reasonable reviews and tried to get something in my price range. I'd appreciate any advice that could be given.

Oh I forgot to mention that it'll mainly be for work and gaming. I'm not really very fussy when it comes to graphics, so I don't mind sacrificing that for performance.

can't OC memory with intel locked chipsets

and no point running 8400 with Z370

thanks

The monitor seems to have a wide color gamut. And is IPS. Looks like a good choice to me.
It's apparently 132% sRGB, 114% NTSC. No DCI-P3 listing I guess but it's not a 10bit so I guess that's irrelevant.

It's no like.. Dreamcolor Z27x, but seems super nice for the price.

As said in the last two threads, absolute garbage.
Cooler is as loud as reference blowers. And it's a particularly annoying pitch to it.

Getting a Strix 1070Ti would be better, assuming you already have a Gsync monitor.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/PtKrMZ
Worth spending the $50 more for an RX580. It's like well over 50% more performance for a little more money.
Buy windows key from reputable ebay seller or kinguin.
Get a 75Hz Freesync monitor.
Get at least 2666 memory.
Lose the cooler and use the stock one.
Get 2600X. Last I checked, they were on sale on ebay for $190 and that's only $15 more for A LOT more performance.
Get an X470 board or cheaper b350 one, particularly if going mATX instead. There are better cases for cheaper.

You know what just get this but a cheaper monitor jesus fuck pcpartpicker.com/list/WHPpKB
You can get the cheaper 2666 RAM since you don't care about high FPS. Should save like $115.
Could get a 1tb SSD instead.

>buy
forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/kms-tools.51/

Intel has no latency bottleneck and as if 300 mhz is going to make up a nearly 15% diffrence in many cases

Attached: 8400shit.png (1338x1181, 67K)

also for optical drive, just get an external one. No point in hurting airflow and case aesthetics for something you'll likely rarely use.

>AMD better in Arma 3 720p
What a time to be alive.

How is $220 8600 cheaper than the $190-$210 2600 and 2600x? Especially with the Intel cooler being so shitty that you have to get a better one to prevent throttling even on their non-k CPUs?
You're just lying.

(Me)

Attached: mister.jpg (260x240, 13K)

Stop posting these graphs they are bullshit. If you put a 3400 ram with 8400 it will obviously be 1st.

see Intel gets no benefit from faster ram

Attached: intelmem.png (500x690, 31K)

Wtf is this literally check any video on youtube you get 10 fps increase with 3200 instead of 2666