Why they are not Adobe programs for Linux?

Why they are not Adobe programs for Linux?

I'm wanting to switch to Linux but there's no Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier and Illustrator.

Attached: whats-in-adobe-creative-cloud.png (1024x853, 116K)

Because they do not offer binaries for Linux, its really as simple as that. You could probably run older versions just fine in Wine though (wouldn't know for sure because I have no use for any Adobe software). And Inkscape and Krita are actually good, which might serve as a replacement for Adobe Illustrator.

>y-you don't need those

Attached: 21343647.jpg (509x625, 31K)

>Photoshop
GIMP has the features the average photoshop user would need. Unless you're using some really obscure features in it, I doubt you really need the full photoshop program

No one ever was fired for buying Adobe, though.

You'll have to fill me in on this reference. Did someone get fired for buying GIMP?

also no Bridge, Dimension, Acrobat Pro DC, Audition, After Effects, etc, etc. etc.

But you are *cool* on Jow Forums so that means a lot in today's job market. I always put on the top of my resume, "Bunch of useless shit, but cool on Jow Forums." Gets me interviews all the time.

Attached: has-your-happy-meal.gif (900x700, 137K)

JUST USE OUTDATED VERSIONS WITH WINE LOOOOOL

...dude, ...seriously.

Attached: wut.gif (300x300, 438K)

Because the software market on linux is 99.9% autistic neets who don't even have the money to buy it. So adobe decided not to bother.
No. Unless you're a total pleb, but they don't spend 240$ a year just to use 10% of the program.

No, businesses don't even bother and just buy Adobe licenses

But I don't like Gimp, is fucking garbage, but also I don't like Windows because of the constant garbage updates that fulled my local hd and mac's are a joke.

but what about photoshop and premiere, I'm tired of dealing with Windows 10.

Where are you applying that asks what editing suite you have installed on your PC? Even if they use photoshop and you run Linux at home, just lie and say you're a pro just like everyone else...

start to deal with macos

but their hardware is a fucking joke, I can't do shit with that.

since 2006 macos runs on any x86 computer

Is this bait?
>names 1 program out of an entire suite of irreplaceable programs
>pretends the entry level shit accomplished with gimp is somehow a realistic gauge of the program's use

???

Not enough marketshare or demand.
Sad but true.

Older versions work alright on Wine, newer versions have some problems if they run at all.
PaintShopPro works perfectly on WINE and is better in every way than GIMP.

If you really need Photoshop for features not present in PSP (I do, so I can understand that) just run PS in a windows VM.

Adobe doesn't like Linux for pretty obvious reasons.
>free libre gratis open source software
>software so soul-rendingly proprietary that even after you buy it you have to keep paying just for the privilege of continuing to own it
these two things don't mix well

>irreplacable
I've never run a single one of these programs, and neither have many others, so clearly they're not that important.

first thing they'll try to do is crack it.
yeah, sure, after ages of being fucked in the ass by pirates Adobe really wants more of that.

For people who use them in work, dipshit, obviously not everyone.

You can lead these morons to information but you can't make em learn...

I've never opened matlab, nor have 99% of others.
It's obviously not important.
99% of people have never opened EAGLE or OrCAD, so obviously they're not important either.
You're a fucking moron mate.

Adobe doesn't care about cracks or personal users at all.
That's linux's big problem, it's all a bunch of low level personal users who don't purchase Adobe software anyway.
If Hollywood was en-masse demanding that the Adobe suite was available on Linux, it'd actually gain traction.

>If Hollywood was en-masse demanding that the Adobe suite was available on Linux
Hollywood doesn't use Adobe.

Every single person gets directed to that adobe forum to upvote the idea. But like there ain't that many votes!

adobe is prettu bad desu
also proprietary
gimp 2.10 is just as good if not better as for the other programs you mentioned theres probably FOSS alternatives
what are you even using ps for other than shitty memes?

Cs6 works the best in wine desu

Because it's not worth the trouble of porting everything to Linux. Look at the user and marketshares.

This, I had CS6 on my XP PC years ago and now I still use it on wine and still does what I need of it
The other software? I dont know what they are used to and will never be available to Linux for their giga propietary nature
People should just stop using Adobe if they want the prices to go down

Designer jobs can require Adobe certification and years of experience with the required programs, which you're not going to have if you only use GIMP on Linux.

True this; I work in a print shop, everything the Designers use is Adobe. We won't take any client files unless they are .pdf, .tiff, psd,or high quality jpeg. Publisher files get rejected from the get go, we won't touch them.

The first step towards improving Gimp is to admit that Gimp has problems. It's unsuitable even for "basic Photoshop-like tasks."

>awful transform controls and UI
>awful selection workflow
>nonexistent layer effects
>dysfunctional text rendering
>unusable layer mask UI
>nonsensical layer boundaries
>etc

Attached: focal length.jpg (1354x1508, 395K)

PNG? SVG?

just use GIMP bro

I agree for Ps, Ai, Pr, Ae, Id and the others, but Lightroom is a piece of shit for babies and RawTherapee is far better

Real professionals uses EPS

was going to say this. but really PDF is a form of EPS.

But your print shop sucks if you don't accept vector graphics..

It's weird since they compile it for Mac... I think they don't trust the linux market, thinking they just wouldn't buy it and would tend to just pirate it.

photoshop used to run on Unix (solaris) but the market was just too small and Unix users wouldn't use a point/drool interface so they dropped support.

Stable user base running a predictable platform. Not a bunch of faggots bragging how modern and usable their decade old Thinkpads still are.

Even though most of Holywood uses Final Cut or Avid, Premiere it's not that far behind.

.t actually worked on Hollywood

Extra compilation to linux having mac already wouldn't cost them much, and it would open up a new market, a very small one granted, but still, at what cost?

Can't you use Adobe software as a service ?

Why not just run it from the cloud on your freetard OS

>Extra compilation to linux having mac already wouldn't cost them much
They don't use the unix interfaces (POSIX) or the FreeBSD subsystem to make photoshop.
You can write applications in macos and not even feel like you're writing for unix.

What I'm trying to say is if they have UI separated as to being able to compile for Windows and Mac, it would be easy to just plug in a module for Linux, you could even just invite one person to work on it, it wouldn't interfere with anything else. I understand not doing it in software that was specifically designed for Windows and the code is a mess where the GUI ends and logic begins.