I might be building a 8 bit computer something like this discuss

Attached: Screenshot_20180613-200503.jpg (865x653, 591K)

good for you man

>Discuss
...what, exactly?

that looks like a pile of trash

what chips

consider etching pcbs over this level of breadbordery

>discuss
No.

where is bus
where is alu
where is instruction register
where is a/b... registers

Can't you do this in spice instead?

If you don't say what chips then the conversation can't really go anywhere. Everyone has done this before..

>74181 alu
stop with this cheating shit

I've waited for a thread about DIY hardware for months

I can't find any shit about creating a custom GPU ANYWHERE spare for a few youtube videos by an admittedly pretty cool guy.

Has anyone got any information about creating custom expansion card hardware of any kind? I'm talking PCI-E down to ISA.

Hmm, have you looked at Ben Eater's channel on yt?

i like this post more

Not OP but thanks!

Nice spaghetti.

Attached: chef-says-okay.png (512x504, 23K)

Making your own PCIe card would be difficult. The spec is very dense, making it difficult for any one person to comprehend all of it. ISA would be much more doable, both because of the relative simplicity of the standard and you wouldn't be burdened with the difficulties of high speed serial design. An ISA interface could easily be done on something like a Spartan FPGA.

Cheers
I don't really mind things being slow. I've actually made a paper tape read/punch for storage

an ISA to Punch reader would be a nice project

I'm doing something similar at the moment, but it's an analog computer designed to produce video patterns (AKA a video synthesizer), not a digital computer. It's fun.

Attached: DSCN6343.jpg (2272x1704, 942K)

agreed
there are simulators online including assembly. Nothing of value is going to be gained by pic.
Including a number of websites.. Yes.
> mfw brainlet
Get a college degree
dat art-boi life

Attached: input.webm (1280x720, 2.54M)

how does it work? how might I go about learning how to make one?

I like this

this is fucking cool. you got a schematic or the documentation you used?

I started out programing pixely little things with microcontrollers and learned how video signals work from that. There are a lot of tutorials and example projects for that if you google something like "PIC NTSC".

I wanted to get better an analog electronics so I dropped the microcontrollers and started doing everything in hardware. I've never been able to find any sort of guide or tutorials for that. Had to figure it out myself over a few years. Here's how to draw a circle.

Attached: diagramcircle.png (600x648, 19K)

just do it on cheap fpga board

Attached: 1516702671790.jpg (1200x848, 319K)

wow you could sell that effect if you record it
I'm a shitty game-dev and would love to have something like this.

That's very overkill, you can do it way cleaner and simpler.
So if you think you're going to build something like "pic related", then sure, whatever you say Pedro.

Attached: 01584582-f6d8-4db4-80ee-d4d22d960884.png (540x960, 374K)

clock rate of that bad boy?

H

The problem with FPGA's is they're in proprietary hell. Are there any reasonable alternatives to Xilinx or Altera (Intel)?