>doesn't work on my PC
>original PS4 controller works like a charm
>get Asus BT dongle, still nothing
>did I fuck up my drivers?
>start testing and trying, but no.
>after weeks decide to just reinstall win10
>completely wiped SSD, fresh install
>STILL NOT FUCKING WORKING

Why is Windows at all times trying its best to be the worst piece of shit OS, guys?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>get additional off-brand
yikes
>completely wiped SSD, fresh install
why would you do this instead of idk returning the piece of shit offbrand trash?

Because it's working on every other device, and by now I'm just fucking curious about what the problem is, honestly.
The pad is an exact copy of the original ones and on every other device (even on an actual ps4) it works as intended.

By now it can't be the controller's fault anymore, can it? It works everywhere else.

>not just buy a fake 360 controller for $5
It just werk senpai

I've been trying to avoid those ugly things. I'm used to ps4, I don't know if I can ever love anything xbox.

because theres no competition, user

Attached: 1528838263631.jpg (637x358, 35K)

I actually know what you're talking about. I've had this happen to me couple times previously and for the life of me the latest time couldn't solve the issue till I just gave up and reinstalled windows 10. Some how the problem before that I was able to get the controller to re-read on windows 10, but no matter what I tried during the latest time happening I couldn't get it to reconnect.

Did you update? I feel like that's what happened, because just before it started happening, the controller pairs the first time, but never reconnects. No matter if I use DS4, any other tool, or nothing at all.

I can't rememeber what happened the two other previous times but the latest time this happened I had used my DS4 on my PS4 for a bit. When I connected it back to my pc after a few days when nothing was changed it didn't want to reconnect to it. Even pushing the reset button on the bottom of the controller, holding options and the ps to activate bluetooth search or connecting a hardline would get the controller to read on the PC. I uninstalled every bit of driver/information the pc had on the controller and it just didn't want to connect until I finally reinstalled windows 10. But desu that gave me a reason to install ltsb 2016. I haven't had any issues with this version since moving to it.

So you're saying it works perfectly fine on that version? Are you staying on ltsb 2016 and never updating, or what's your plan?

I'm just saying I've had the issue before and I don't know what to actually do to solve it. I don't know if ltsb 2016 is the final solution fix for it, but I've had a ton less problems with this verison with majority of my things than when I was using pro.

xbone controller is a dream. forget ps4 OP.

naw ur wrong

Where to get ltsb2016?

works on linux

what's your OS build?

Did you try plugging the controller into the computer. Do you know if the USB port works?

gaymerfag

You probably have to disable driver signature enforcement.

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
Click Update and Security.
Click on Recovery.
Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Advanced options.
Click Startup Settings.
Click on Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

That's what you get for using a non-signed driver.

Then install.

pretty much. you did this to yourself OP

its unsigned you stupid faggot

Classic adolescent Jow Forumstard

Sounds like a user error.
Never had such problems.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>using Windows 10 not Windows 2016 LTSB
You deserve being a retard.

ps3 was shit, ps4 is GOAT

Did you try using different usb ports for the dongle?

>using wangblows at all
You are also a retard.

This literally did nothing, because I'm not even installing any kind of driver when connecting the controller via bluetooth. I just let Win10 do its thing, except "its thing" in this context is not letting me use my hardware, without telling me why. It doesn't say that there's a driver problem. Device shows up in Device Manager as fully functional. Just doesn't stay connected.

I know, I know.

The question is, where is it coming from? I reinstalled my os, so it shouldn't be a software or driver problem when I'm able to connect my other controller without any problems, but this one won't do anything.

I was just about to do that now.

I did. I tried every single port my pc has. front and back.

Thank you all for your help and insults. It's what I came here for. Let's hope that fucking LGBTQ 2016 fag version helps

Attached: SQUARE_donald-trump-trade-wars-change-mind.jpg (2000x2000, 1.44M)

>using windows 10
>not windows 7
it's like you want to get random problems and destroyed os partitions

>reinstalled OS to try and fix video game controller.

You are fucking retarded.

I've been wanting to reinstall for a while anyways, because my upgrade from win7 didn't go clean
It used to crash maybe once every few months so it wasn't too annoying for me to instantly reinstall
Now with ltsb 2016 I actually had a reason, especially because it's cleaner and doesn't fucking try to install, update or fuck up some shit every 5 minutes.

Just in case anyone finds this thread, it worked and ltsb2016 should've been my choice all along.

I am literally getting that right now, holy fuck. Sounds dreamy.

Now where and how do I get a volume license for free?

I thought you need the win10 game update to use gamepads, or is it only xbox one bt controller support?

what is microsoft toolkit

Vgs are technology

It's so fucking annoying when it happens. Just make sure not to fuck up your drivers while trying to fix it man.
If you don't have it already, consider getting win10 ltsb 2016 and just crack it with ms toolkit,
the ms toolkit subreddit has a safe download link or you can register on my digital life, it has everything you'll ever need in terms of cracking stuff

see this

>works flawlessly until new product is x is introduced
>start blaming y

Nigga, you fucking serious right now?

I rarely get into trouble like this, but when I do, it's something special that can only ever happen in windows. Whenever I used linux I could just remove shit and add it back again, and it would work.
As we've seen now, Windows was to blame, since it randomly fucked up some driver related bullshit with an update, apparently.