Program silently adds itself to the startup list when installed

>program silently adds itself to the startup list when installed

Attached: 1511349521754.jpg (238x212, 8K)

Not a big deal

Fuck off tripfag

OP could just disable it upon noticing the unwanted startup. If it's not an option in the program itself he could use his OS's tools to stop it.

Not a big deal whatsoever, you restart your PC like once every 6 months and it only takes like 10 seconds to disable such a task.

It's still an annoying artifact from devs who think they know what's best for us. It's like having to unlock your door everytime you exit your room even if you didn't lock it.

Attached: 1526298975180.jpg (250x239, 10K)

Attached: tripfag enters thread.webm (388x368, 824K)

You say this in a stupid frog thread. It's fair game.

fuck off tripfag

I'm curious, why so much hate for us? Did one of us molest you or something? Because I didn't.

>yfw I molested the poster

unmolest him right this instant young man

Attached: 1443310654988.jpg (424x645, 32K)

filtered

>Winpatrol pounces on that bitch

>bitch fucks him and ghosts him for all eternity causing the program to terminate itself

>sudo systemctl enable
systemd doesn't have this problem

>poetteringware

fuck off tripfag

It's a non-issue in the first place...

Which programs actually edit your xinit file? I've never encountered what you describe, OP.

>Why don't people like massive faggots trying to whore attention on an anonymous website?
Gas yourself

Daily reminder to ignore tripfag posts completely instead of replying

woah, big bad anonymous is here
Tell me how you're more anonymous than am I

*snap*
Yep. That one's going in my namefag filter.

Add me, add me! I want to be on TV too.

Easy to remove.
The real problem is
>Program creates a startup file and task
>Even if you delete both of them the program will still start

>stupid frog thread
underrated

Eat shit and die you fucking faggot.

Lol I'm a tripping rn

This sounds suspiciously like a Windows issue.

What the fuck are you installing? Never ever had this problem in 10 years

>something can add to a startup without explicitly allowing it as a superuser
shit os

The haughty linuxfags in this thread are posing
If you install a package with a daemon like nginx it's most likely getting added to startup automatically.

>If you install a package with a daemon like nginx it's most likely getting added to startup automatically.
Why would you ever allow this behavior on a Linux system?

>program leaves cummies everywhere after uninstalling, even in my private registry parts
JUST

Attached: 1414451906248.jpg (345x275, 80K)

The reason why is simple. Something like nginx is made to be running all the time. Making you restart that manually after a reboot is not a sane default. Additionally, starting after reboot does not imply any additional risks or problems that the original start did not already.

My point is that until I manually set a daemon up to run on start, it had better not.

Well you better double check what your package installs are doing then

I think it might depend on their distro. Every daemon running on my Gentoo, I manually rc-updated into servicing my system.

Attached: 1526437113916.png (1024x768, 52K)

No need, as I'm perfectly aware of what they're doing. At this point, I'd be more interested to hear about some distros, and relevant packages, that do what you're describing.

Anything with systemd probably does it

And yet it doesn't, so yeah, you got something else?

We wait, while he feverishly pounds on Google like it owes him money, looking for anything that will help him "blow the fuck out" of another poster and "win" a total non-argument.

*cricket chirping intensifies*

>using wangblows

Sorry I couldn't reply right away
For the simplest most generic example install nginx on ubuntu and it systemctl enables itself. It's up to the package whether or not it does this and there totally are ones that do. Sure it doesn't happen on your riced out Gentoo install using an ancient init system but not much happens there in the first place.

>add this program to startup to monitor items added to startup

>tfw fell for the 16GBit RAM meme: the thread

You mean init.d?

Attached: 1526915680334.jpg (699x485, 60K)

Is your nickname derived from the trip or did you just manage to find a tripcode that matches your nick?

That's litterally every non foss android application
Good thing you can disable it on lineageos, unlike most out of the box android skins

Attached: Screenshot_20180614-160746.png (1440x2560, 327K)

>For the simplest most generic example install nginx on ubuntu and it systemctl enables itself.
And people tolerate this because? This is acceptable behavior for a system why, exactly?

>Sure it doesn't happen on your riced out Gentoo install
Not using Gentoo. I use systemd like the rest of the world. Worth pointing out that on my system absolutely nothing passes the equivalent of a "systemctl enable daemon" or "systemctl start daemon" without explicitly being told to do so, let alone during package installation.

kys