Is 12-15 amps too much to run off of a cigarette lighter in a car?

Is 12-15 amps too much to run off of a cigarette lighter in a car?
The inverter thingy doesn't consume much power right?
I want to have a tv in my car

Attached: serveimage[1].jpg&sp=b62d14dda6a9a48d2c8f4c0a63542c29.jpg (2100x1750, 697K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/RCA-HOME-AND-TRAVEL-19-LED-HD-TV-WITH-AC-DC-CAR-CHARGER/448667291
amazon.com/TVD1801-13-13-3-Inch-Features-Technology-Function/dp/B00JZTCNIO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Locate the fuse for that outlet. You must keep the total load below that number.

Attached: file.png (895x468, 891K)

>i'm too retarded to check wire gauge and determine derated ampacity

>The inverter thingy doesn't consume much power right?
the shitty inverter you have is going to be horribly inefficient, and use a multimeter to determine how much so

A-are you eating them?

Thanks
thanks

what is the tv's wattage?

doubt it's even more than 10 amps on 12volt

assuming your car is running and your alternator works you'll be around 14volt anyway

It's not listed just say 1 amp 120 volts

that's 120 / 1 = 120 watts

so at 12 volts 120 watts
120 / 12 = 10 amps

I'd just get a 150 watt power inverter. it'll do it fine.
just remember when you hold your brake and are stopped still your voltage will drop from 14 to 11.. when driving it'll be 14. when sitting still not holding the brake it'll be 12ish

big amp differences
150 watt inverter will handle that fine though

you can also buy 12 volt tv's just FYI

>inverter
why

>alternator produces AC
>car's inverer turns it into DC to your cigarette lighter
>your inverter turns it back into AC
>your tv internally turns it back into DC

just imagine the heat

Get a 12V DC TV. Converting DC to AC is intensive already, so lower the load as much as possible.

yep
should just get a straight DC tv

walmart.com/ip/RCA-HOME-AND-TRAVEL-19-LED-HD-TV-WITH-AC-DC-CAR-CHARGER/448667291

(dvd built in)
amazon.com/TVD1801-13-13-3-Inch-Features-Technology-Function/dp/B00JZTCNIO

Ten years ago people were using 12-inch CRT TVs in cars just fine. Any LCD TV that fits in a car will barely use even half the power.

lol you can't be this stupid

There's a battery there which is you know DC...

also shit all heat, is your room baking with all your transformers and SMPS converting to DC?

Could the 12V cigarette lighter even deliver enough power to drive an LCD TV and an Xbox?
I'm pretty sure any Xbox is way past power draw for a car.

small tvs like

You could probably fairly easily mod an xbox. If machine has a power supply built in, it's probably a separate board you can just take out. If it doesn't then that's easy and you can use a 12V PC power supply, from i.e. Meanwell

which will want AC in

which still needs an inverter, you can get big inverters no prob but can't run them int he cig lighter

according to stackoverflow, the xbox power adapter just delivers 12V 9.5A out
You could totally just wire the cigarette charger directly to the xbox, voltage regulators willing

But I'm pretty sure the xbox still blows past the car's capability to deliver the power

>car battery straight into xbox
no, that shit isn't regulated output, it can vary anywhere between ~12-16v
you need a buck/boost regulator to get a consistent 12v out of a car

This. Try driving a car with a battery meter and see how wildly it fluctuates. There's a reason 12 is in the center of the scale, I've seen meters read up to 20 volts as that's supposedly the high end of the scale.

Lets not forget some Europoop vehicles come with 24V jacks because, reasons...

Amerishart voltlet

Okay, I already had suspicions of you being underaged, now it's confirmed. Some of the lines are not used, fucking stupid child.
Kek'd've

wasn't me

you could buy some big batteries and put them in back then you don't risk messing with your driving battery