Deniable encryption

Hey so a lot of us are in countries where even if you have your shit encrypted the law enforcement can force us to reveal passwords, making normal encryption basically useless.
So, being able to plausibly deny the existence of an encrypted partition is crucial. What are your strategies?
This is what I'm considering (not that I'm breaking laws, I'm just an autist):
A "dummy" OS installed on most of the hard drive.
About 100GB left at the end of the hard drive.
Somewhere inside this 100GB we use around 50GB space to make another arch install, encrypted, and use a detachable LUKS header which we keep on a USB.
Here's how it would look: a normal OS which typical normie shit is done on, and an empty partition at the end to later install windows or something onto.
Only when you put in the USB would u be able to know of the existence of the other encrypted arch install.

What do you think of my plan?

Attached: EZ Clap.jpg (347x332, 60K)

Not that smart, really.
Better to have an encrypted VM hidden inside your first system somewhere.

normie os on the entire drive, and live usb off a 128gb flash drive

But if they have access to your system, they will see an encrypted file and force you to decrypt it.

This seems like a good solution. And pretty simple. I guess the only disadvantages are needing a big usb, and you would need to keep the USB plugged in always. Which I guess you don't need to with my suggestion. But I think you're suggestion wins, congratz

I've never used disk level encryption. Isnt that kind of risky if you have a few bitflips? Won't that corrupt all your data?

Follow the law.

Attached: 1522759988211.jpg (556x552, 191K)

deniable encryption means you give them the ultimate lever of not being able to prove there is nothing encrypted anymore

>They will force you to decrypt it
Use Veracrypt, and make a fake encrypted partition opening with a shitty password and the real partition will stay hidden

Just tell them you forgot the password. They cannot force you to flip a bunch of 1's into 0's

Just have a raspberry pi server that manages your files, bury it in the ground, and ssh into it. That way, if somebody comes into your house and tries to search your electronics, they won't have access to your files. This is also good if you're traveling someone else. Just empty your laptop hard drive (better yet just bring windows), go to your destination, and then ssh into your pi.

If nobody knows your pi exists, isn't that encryption in of itself?

truecrypt hidden volume

Attached: you_ok_bud.png (301x309, 186K)

This. When they ask you to type the password just try and fail multiple times, then tell them that the password is 40 characters long and since you haven't been able to use your computer for days you must have forgotten it.

how can they prove you remember the password?

If they can prove you decrypted the data recently it stands to reason you remember the password. They also claim that since you're in control of the device and set the password that is reasonable to expect you to know it.

That said, ultimately, there is no real way for them to prove that you remember it or for you to prove that you do not remember it. So you might find yourself in a nightmare where you are jailed forever for something you legitimately do not remember.

Attached: 1526250786185.jpg (500x500, 191K)

Everything unencrypted
USB stick up your butt

Bad idea user. Just decrypt your stuff if you get in trouble with the police.

Also
>LUKS header
lmao you've already failed

or find a way to make the drive wipe itself when a certain password is entered

>terminal server in hostile foreign country
>script to delete all data after few days of absence

You need to read the whole veracrypt docs, son. There is a lot of stuff you don't know about.

Just say you found the PC. Someone was throwing it away and you haven't had a chance to use it yet.
Unless you're stupid enough to put your real name on it.

This is a great idea, does anybody know how to implement it?

>living in 3rd world shitholes

What if you "forgot" the decryption key?
What can they do then?

Attached: 1522778558978.png (553x278, 88K)

and what exactly is going to flip your bits?

fuck off

Not hard to implement.
But the best encryptation idea is this:
Take your files and encrypt them with pass1.
When you need those files, use pass1 to decrypt.
When someone else forces you to decrypt your files, use pass2.
With pass2, your files are 'decrypted' in some kind of way where the text, pictures and everything else is readable but is not the real info, just dummy info.

Its a dumb idea. Police will make backups before doing anything else with your hardware.
Your only option is this but it is still not completely bulletproof.
If you still wanna do it there is a patched grub/luks with that feature

Can I write to both of these those? Or read only?
Kek as ridiculous as this is I will probably do this when I have my own land.
>already failed
Elaborate
How hard is it to prove that you decrypted it recently. I saw when looking into secure-delete it does like 30+ passes of writing random data to your drive. I would've thought one pass would make it completely impossible to get anything from. Seems like they can recover almost anything these days.
The other thing is, how often would they utilise all of these measures? I saw on r*ddit a bloke investigated for credit card fraud due to using purse.io, would something like that warrant a full fledged investigation where definable encryption etc would matter?

like two operating systems inhabiting the same encrypted partition and when decrypted one way hides the other os within itself?

Kinda, but with files

>what is Interpol

Attached: ^C720ACF22D169DEA80547D8E6DF67A699098A405FD526039CA^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (525x503, 57K)

overclocking, cosmic rays

law is a spook

Attached: e5cac4f2-88c5-4b4b-9695-d88f1684a136.gif (245x320, 150K)

Just don't be a fucking paedophile and you have nothing to worry about.