Every Arch installation guide

>every Arch installation guide

Is there an actual step by step guide on how to get Arch with KDE and be able to shitpost?

in b4 install manjaro

Attached: owl.png (530x453, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sadanand-singh.github.io/posts/completesetuparchplasma/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey, OP. I need to tell you something. When you use Linux, you don't have to memorize every single step, you need to understand how it works. Not just type some magic commands which will do something and remember those commands, but rather understand what they do and what you're going to achieve by executing them.
If you are unable to understand how to install Arch, try something else. Set up your own rPi, router, some useful things on them, gain some insight.

If you don't mind videos luke smith's arch installation video is pretty good.

>KDE
Just use windows...lol

Just use antergos

I understand and completely agree with you.

The learning curve is just too steep.

The wiki is literally step by step. If you type every command it'll install.

this, wtf i hate retards now

The guide in the wiki holds your hand through the installation.

The install.txt in the home directory of the installation image is exactly that, step by step instructions. After that it is just a matter of configuring networking and pacman -S whatever the KDE metapackage is

This.
He has an Arch and a de\wm installation tutorial. Also, he explains what the commands do and why you need them.

Daily reminder not to cite Luke. Stop feeding his ego.

Thread ended 2 hours ago.

I managed to overcome it by fully uninstalling windows and was left with an empty laptop and a USB stick with Arch linux. Took me about a week to get it nicely running with Gnome and another month to fully set i3 . Just google any problem you run into and read up on commands on ArchWiki. Now that I think of it it's not that hard after all, just not intuitive

literally install manjaro

The arch wiki installation guide is fine. You HAVE to click the links that go into detail if you don't know what you do. If you follow it to the letter, you cannot fail.

if you are too much of a brainlet to follow the arch wiki just install manjaro

this is a p good guide that shows you how to installthe base distro, KDE and a bunch of other shit:
sadanand-singh.github.io/posts/completesetuparchplasma/

You could have used that time and energy to make some money and buy yourself a macbook

install manjaro atleast with this updates dont fuck you over every 2 weeks

step 1) fdisk
step 2) pacstrap
step 3) done

sadly, this is almost true

The arch documentation is so good I often turn to it regardless of what system I'm installing desu. Arch and Gentoo documentation are some of the best on the internet. I look for answers to questions on arch wiki over most other resources when I want to do some obscure configuration.
All this is to say, if you can't figure it out with the awesome resource that is Arch wiki, you probably just aren't ready yet and should start with something that still has a graphical installer like Mint or Ubuntu desu.

arch isn't made for brainlets OP just use macOs or something

There are people on Jow Forums who try to frame the arch wiki (gentoo wiki too) as some obscure and unusable mess that tries to intentionally hinder your progress. Can you imagine?

the wiki is 100% step by step. (not numbered mind you but if you read and follow along fully-beginning to end you end up with a full install.) Read this page all the way through and you'll have a base installation:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide

once you've finished these read through the general recommendations. It has all the rest of things (like user management, DE/WM installation, etc) laid out in order for you:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations

There is nothing magical about Archlinux, all it takes to get it working properly is reading comprehension, and an understanding that not learning about something you use is only harming yourself, or setting yourself up for failure. read the wiki read the wiki read the wiki everyone.

Attached: archlinux.png (500x500, 3K)

install gentoo

Attached: botnet.png (296x111, 6K)

I failed with the grub step. This thing is tricky because if you make mistakes at the beginning then the last grub step is impossible.

Yeah, get a BSD guy to install it for you.
Linux users are the dumbest faggots in the room.

Arch's Wiki literally is step by step, just don't skip paragraphs you lazy ass.