Why do they call it "dead pixel"? It should be called something nicer like "life pixel"

Why do they call it "dead pixel"? It should be called something nicer like "life pixel".

Attached: index.jpg (246x205, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnfEJFvyaSY
youtube.com/watch?v=-2eQhhMvi-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>opposite of dead is life
Absolute state of Jow Forums shitposters.

i have a screen that is like 8 years old no dead pixels

thats why i shop at best buy

If it doesn't light up, it's a dead pixel. If it stays on one color it's a stuck pixel.

The proper term is stuck pixel.

because it’s a literally dead pixel

the subpixels literalky do not light up or change color, they’ve burnt out or otherwised lost all electrical charge

I hope you threw that panel away immediately

No, a stuck pixel is a pixel that doesn’t change color and is permanently one color. It still receives electrical charge.

A dead pixel is a pixel that has its subelements burn out. It doesn’t receive electrical charge.

A hot pixel is a pixel that, under certain heat stresses, becomes a stuck pixel.

i call it the nigger pixel cuz it doesnt work

unironically this

There's a life pixel at the end of this sentence.

based smartposter

Pixel on a permanent vacation.

Attached: cat_durr2.jpg (400x557, 32K)

They should call it nigger because it doesn't work

I call ot the libtard pixel. It doesn't contribute anything to society and just wants to stick its ugly head out whenever it can.

Nigger pixiel

"special pixel"

>A hot pixel is a pixel that, under certain heat stresses, becomes a stuck pixel.
What chink tier crap manufacturer would make such shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnfEJFvyaSY

This will fix it

Attached: 7 RGB_Colorcube_Corner_White.png (1024x1024, 122K)

I came second.

who here
>day one dead pixel

Happy OCD Pixel
;-)

Why not call it a cancer pixel because it's like a pixel that's no longer doing what it's supposed to

opensource pixel

>W-why do they call it master and slave hard drives?
>That’s racist and colonist!

Because it doesn't spread?
What a stupid analogy. Hope you are ashamed

It's called shitpost pixel: it only posts the same worthless shit every time while the rest of pixels actually contribute to quality content.

See
For shitpost pixel examples.

Hilariously, it's actually more racist to say that, because you're assuming that all slaves are black.

The one in the OP looks stuck to me but it could be the white balance

kek

I call it the Republican pixel because its stubborn refusal to change ruins it for the rest of the millions of pixels

>republicans are one in a million
makes sense

Attached: 1528727795769.jpg (250x241, 25K)

I suppose burnt pixel sounds better?

I have a complete dead pixel (no electrical signal, so it's always black) and one stuck pixel, the blue and green works good but the red is kill
me with what I said before, it only does bother me when I see something white or very clear

I have a friend who just bought an S2716DG (Gsync Dell 1440hz 1440p), there's a certain spot that gets stuck but goes away once the monitor warms up or something.

This is actually how to fix stuck pixels though, retard

Correct the docs, and make a pull request about it. Oh, and make it gender neutral

He should RMA it if he still can, that's a manufacturing fault and will eventually lead to premature death.
That only works on frozen pixels by power-cycling them.
I have a similar situation with my old 1080p monitor, the red subpixel of one pixel is always on. It happened after 3 years of use though.
Not quite.

>He should RMA it if he still can
I told him that, afaik dell even has a 1 month return policy, no reason needed.

He also has a reason handy for when they start getting dicky. He should also get it on video if he does return it so thry can't jew him.

>nigger pixel
its black and doesn't work

OP here, and these videos, in conjunction with rubbing the area with finger pressure did free up some pixels that were periodically stuck as blue. The result of some impact damage.

This video won't make you as sick:
youtube.com/watch?v=-2eQhhMvi-U

See Try some fingernail flicking as well.

Zombie pixel.

Pro choice pixel

Attached: 1528486458547.png (863x779, 207K)

Punished Pixel