Apple to block popular police method for breaking into iPhones

news.sky.com/story/apple-to-block-popular-police-method-for-breaking-into-iphones-11404141
NSA and GCHQ shills out

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2500x1791, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/apple-struggles-with-effort-to-diversify-screen-suppliers-1524216606
bgr.com/2018/04/20/apple-oled-displays-lg-display-supplier-trouble/
cultofmac.com/423273/apple-reaches-deal-with-samsung-to-buy-oled-iphone-displays/
displaymate.com/Galaxy_S9_ShootOut_1s.htm
amazon.com/HyperBrain-How-Improve-Your-Intelligence-ebook/dp/B01NBJ05IP
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30593#efmAHtANd
reddit.com/r/technology/comments/8raoq3/apple_will_update_ios_to_block_police_hacking_tool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

obvious apple shill is obvious

I was just pointing out that apple may be slightly less botnet than we think

based apple

meanwhile google handing data over hand over fist to any request

apple fighting in court
FBI paying 1million for pic related

and now lightning ports will disable data after 1hour of not being unlocked. they can only do power for charging

Attached: 12201-5836-IMG_1602-l.jpg (660x495, 51K)

god damn that screen looks crisp

>crispy*

Centrists will be mad at this.

It doesn't IRL, unfortunately

hol up, its not as crispy as fried chicken? shieet

>apple knew about a way police/etc were accessing their devices and did nothing until it became a good PR move to announce the blocking of it
>which means they have other measures to use instead and too people undesirables became aware of the old measures

Yeah sure looks shit

Attached: iphone-x-instagram.jpg (1600x1200, 352K)

"HURR APPLE IS SAVING US FROM BIG BROTHER"

Reality:
>unlock your phone or you're going to jail for a long time anyway for obstruction of justice and will force you to unlock it anyway

People are idiots and will believe any bullshit big companies never on your side will tell them.

Photos are cool and all, but in person, it's just like any other screen. Nothing that would make you go "wow, it's clearly better". PPI is not that good even.

>Apple began working on the issue before learning that it was being used by police.
So they found out after the 10 minutes it took to implement a timer into the code.
I totally buy that.

>brightest continuous nit screen on the market
>i can't admit it's a good screen!

It looks like any other OLED device that doesn't use a shitty OLED display.

No one uses it at that brightness anyway.
Yes, it can go that high and that is a good thing is certain circumstances, but it's hardly normal use and definitely isn't what is being shown in those photos.

>brightest continuous nit screen on the market
I didn't notice that in the shop when I was deciding whether to buy one.

And didn't we talk about "crispness"?

>6months later still can't admit apple made a good screen
>professional industries rating it best display ever made for mobiles

well not you fat shills that sit at home all day
if you get out for once in your life you might need to use it

/thread

Attached: 1439061884456.jpg (538x454, 28K)

>NSA and GCHQ shills out
Reminder to boycott apple for not cooperating with law enforcement

Attached: Donald-Trump-Tweet.jpg (787x442, 66K)

>Samsung makes a great screen
>fa/g/ets can't even admit that because it ended up in an iPhone
The state of Jow Forums today

>apple designs screen
>Jow Forums retards claim samsung did everything
>their own devices screens don't come close
>apple folded panel over itself to have no chin with display driver

Literally role playing just like before so dipshits will document their terrorism on iphones.

>jetzt kann man die Leute mit der Lightningbuchse "abhören" weil nun dort der Kopfhörer zum "hören" angeschlossen wird

Who would of thought?

Attached: 1528662113805.jpg (640x623, 81K)

Samsung made the screen.
Apple made the software that adjusts it for the ambient light.

yeah no shit the made it, why outlay billions in limited equipment and hire thousands when samsung can do it

apple designed it but. Hence why no samsung display comes close

stop acting like its some off the shelf screen samsungs offering

can't handle apple being good at something, don't worry exynos will catch up in 3 years too ahah

>he doesnt understand how samsung is organized
>thinks that just because its samsung they would put all their best stuff in their own phones
>doesnt understand that the different divisions of samsung basically run independently, so the cellphone division has to buy displays from the display division like any other company does
>cellphone division sends specifications for the display they want to the display division
>apple sends specifications for the display they want to the display division
>thinks the display division would just bump the cellphone divisions spec just because apple wanted something better
There's a reason why these manufacturers actually deal with Samsung for components when Samsung themselves make competing devices. Think about it for a second. It's really not that hard to figure out.

wsj.com/articles/apple-struggles-with-effort-to-diversify-screen-suppliers-1524216606
bgr.com/2018/04/20/apple-oled-displays-lg-display-supplier-trouble/
cultofmac.com/423273/apple-reaches-deal-with-samsung-to-buy-oled-iphone-displays/
Don't worry, your green text is still accurate.

Oh apparently the S9 has the best display now.
displaymate.com/Galaxy_S9_ShootOut_1s.htm

I guess you will continue shifting the goalposts.
I will remind you once again, that the discussion was about "crispiness" and it's not special in any way on an iPhone.

>would of

buy this:
amazon.com/HyperBrain-How-Improve-Your-Intelligence-ebook/dp/B01NBJ05IP

Its because they have the best OLED displays, that's it. LG's a complete mess right now, so you have literally no other option, at least for mass production.You assume that it's based solely on Samsung's quality and it's not. Secondly, Samsung isn't doing ANYTHING but handing over a panel to Apple, meaning any work to "make it look good," is done, by Apple.

It's a shame iOS is such garbage, because I have to admit even as a long term Android user that Android's security is a fucking dumpster fire compared to iOS's.

A reasonable android user on Jow Forums?

Kind of odd not to see iToddler spamming in this thread.

>t. iToddler

It's just the simple fact that Apple makes its money by selling hardware, and Google makes its money by selling information. Your information, to be precise.

I've given iPhone an honest go, as recently as iOS 11, and there's just a lot of things I'm so used to being able to do on Android with no good replacement that it's a dealbreaker. Shame.

what's going on in this pic

fyi it isn't.

Like what? I'm thinking of switching myself.

it's a device to bypass the pin lockout and just brute forces your pin

the fbi paid 1million for this years ago. now it's a box with 2 lightning ports 1 in 1 out to copy the phone but apple is blocking lightning port access

Do you know what of obstruction of Justice actually is? You'd need to have evidence in the first place, that the device contains evidence, in which, relates to the case.

I wonder if apple software was not so expensive, would it replace windows at workplaces?

>they trust us, dumb fucks

Attached: 1514449613119.png (728x945, 345K)

No. You need to actually build the display to a certain base level of quality to begin with, see your complaints abouy LG.

Can someone 'pill me on Apple? Specifically about their supposed privacy and security features.

Just find the article that this person posted
Follow the links on each article (there are quite a few) and you'll find that the wikileaks memo they're all referring to doesn't actually exist. It's apple fud.

At least you tried iToddler.
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30593#efmAHtANd

>Still full of apps that sell data
Nice joke.

>The changes to the rules, which were made last week, explicitly state that developers are banned from turning address books into a database of contacts and from selling that database. They also can’t turn data into user profiles. Developers can still ask users for contact lists for use within their app, but they’ll have to tell users exactly what they’re going to do with the data. If they have more than one purpose in mind, they’ll have to ask for further consent.

meanwhile google still has flashlight apps in top 50 apps that ask for multiple permissions

>grasping at straws

>Strong encryption does not eliminate Apple’s ability to give law enforcement meta-data or any of a number of other very useful categories of data.
Wow Apple gives out user meta data when its subpoenaed. Who would have known. Guess I'll move over to the google botnet, thanks user.

apple just does so much more shit in favor of your privacy

Their photos app which does all the matching thing for searches and all that is all done local on your phone

Googles is all cloud based so it uploads all your photos and data

but it's okay cus it's free remember

Attached: prism-slide-51.jpg (700x525, 85K)

>Guess I'll move over to the google botnet
wat

it's called sarcasm

r/apple

Attached: IMG_0573.png (1125x2436, 414K)

634 nits is nuts

even macbook pros are 500 range and that's stupidly bright, xps 13's are like 400

Literally the thing police do to hack your phone that Apple has made a security workaround patch to prevent

Inb4 every iPhone speaker dock stops working after 1 hour

if samsung makes the screens then why dont samsung phones have better screens

checkmate dotards

>Infinite contrast ratio
So, like virtually every OLED display? I suppose everything else is similar too.

/thread
Reminder to sage and report.

Also, even this (likely manipulated) let methods no PPI or crispiness, pretty much pricing the initial point that is not any better in than your average to deal.

>Visually indistinguishable
Reminds me of "eye can see only 24 fps".

(((apple)))

How will itoddlers ever recover?

Can just say you don’t remember the passcode.

>restricting USB rather than fixing the vulnerablity
Apple engineering, everyone. Next they will remove the whole port and you
retards will praise them for that.

>applel
>not nsa level botnet
wew

i just ordered an iphone and buttplug. thanks opie

Attached: YFYIbtL.jpg (456x297, 20K)

kekd

>implying they don't have nsa backdoors installed everywhere in their products
>implying this isn't just a pr stunt

Here you go, updated best display out now.

Attached: Screenshot_20180615-110037.png (1536x2048, 658K)

>newer phone has better specs

wow!

Bumping thread because fuck you.

Literally what can't you do in iOS that's worth carrying around an insecure botnet?

>Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and (((Sergey Brin)))

(((Larry Page)))

Rice

This. Appletards are the dumbest most gullible manchildren on the planet.

reddit.com/r/technology/comments/8raoq3/apple_will_update_ios_to_block_police_hacking_tool/
This is defended here of course. Anyone who dares question Apple's motives and business ties is downvoted. Not much different than Jow Forums at this point, except for the lack of downvotes.

This is great. Iphone X user here.

>obstruction to justice
>without probable cause or evidence
Jow Forums in charge of understand law.

Funny that seemed so surprising to macfags when the iPhone X was released.