Just one more day

Just one more day...

Attached: 14-137-118-Z01.jpg (1280x960, 141K)

>buying any armor gpu ever
come on son do you want bad cooling, because thats how you get it, people usually buy those to rig their own shit or put liquid

just remember to redo the thermal paste if you're overclocking, if the card is going over 70-80 degrees c its dangerous and kills perf

Meh, I have this version of the 960. It comes with a slight OC and I bumped it up on top of that; my case is dusty with terrible airflow and my ambient temp is high. The card never reaches objectionable temps during gameplay.

I don't know what else you'd want from a cooler; maybe it's worse on higher end cards with the same design?

Tbf you actually sound like a boomer.

?

armor are shit. also on that note every brand only has one good cooler really

msi:gaming (x)
asus:strix
evga:exception, but their single fan non sc cards are shit
galaxy:exoc
powercolor: devil 13
and so on

Not him but i agree

over 70 isn't dangerous come on
only if it's over 80 you should start worrying

my HD 5770 run at 96 degrees C for 8 years and it just won't die

>evga:exception
Nice try shill but everyone remembers 1080 and 1080ti.
They literally saved few cents on thermal pads and burnt cards.

that's not what happened though
just because some redditor spergs out and blows something out of proportion doesn't mean it was a widespread problem

mine died after a year of no overclocking

Jow Forums has been unplayable for a few months. You're either a """boomer""" or a """redditor"""

I have the 470 version. Runs great, mining on it for almost a year now, kept at what happens in one more day tho

>strix
Ok, except that the fans are garbage that fail within 2 years. It happened to my 390X Strix. Put an Acellero Extreme IV on my 390X today (It kind of fits. The PCB is too wide to put the securing clips on one side, which also means no securing arm, but I need it to last until I can afford an 1180)

>got a sapphire nitro+ special edition new for 300$ instead of that piece of shit

feels so good, you cant even hear the fans at all

got an msi gaming x 1070 for 500€ did i do good?

keep in mind that a 1060 goes for 460€ in my country

classic boomer cope

Attached: 1525274546042.png (381x353, 38K)

id kms if i had to pay that much for a 1060

t. boomer redditor

My 1080 Armor OC has been mining shitcoins 24/7 since December

I thought that applied only to CPUs and that GPUs can operate safely long term for temperatures of nearly 100C?

Wtf user, my 5770 runs at 40°C idle and 70°C under stress, room temperature is 35°C.

But my god. The temp differences are amazing switching away from stock coolers.
With the Accelero, my Cooler Master Seidon 120v (it was free, don't judge) cooled 6700k on default 4.2ghz clock climbs from about 60-odd to around 70 degrees celcius, (due to the residual heat from the additional heatsink I wager), but the GPU goes from 94 degrees max temp on full load (due to fans failing but at best I've got it to like 80 on max and it sounds like a Jet engine taking off), to 60-65 on max load and quiet.
I'd take 70 CPU and 60 GPU over 60 CPU and 80+ GPU any day.
I just hope it lasts till the end of the year.

Wrost gpu cooling solution I ever touched.

Also my idle temp in this small hot bedroom is like 40c across the board. It cools down after gaming really quickly.

It is funny how people complain about prices of video cards but the 1080ti I purchased at release has mined continuously when I am not using it and has more than paid for itself. Granted I don't pay for electricity, but still.

Cant you just get replacement fans my dude

Replacement fans set (I would have needed the whole set since two of my fans were busted and the last was on its way as well) would have cost me £30 and a 2 week wait from China. The Accellero Extreme IV was £45 and was here next day. May as well pay a little extra. I got a reference 290X my brother is not using if I thought I needed it and fucked up.
NZXT Kraken G12 bracket + Corsair H55 costs an extra £50 ontop, but I may as well wait before getting that setup because if I get a reference 1180 card, I can switch the stock cooler out there and then with something better, and put the 390x (assuming its still ok) in my backup PC. Less disassembly and reassembly then.
Plus those shitty fans will only fail again or get damaged in the post.

I mean the acceloro isnt cheap, for that price (90usd) id just get a d15 or some decent aur cooler desu. Also you could just add some normal fans to it. None the less for that price yeah sure.

I just got a score of 4091 in the Time Spy benchmark (3978 GPU 27/21fps, and 4879 CPU 16fps). My CPU maxed out at 77 degrees, and my GPU 65.
This was just after running a 4K test (that got 4088). It should, in theory, hold up ok.

over 80 isnt dangerous, over 90 is