My Intel powered PC is dying so I am thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen system but I don't have enough to buy a good GPU...

My Intel powered PC is dying so I am thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen system but I don't have enough to buy a good GPU right now so I will go with:
CPU: 2400G
RAM: DDR4 8G 3000MHZ CL15 1.2V KINGSTON HYPERX PREDATOR HX430C15PB3/8
240GB SSD or 1tb HDD

I know Ryzen APUs are dependent on the RAM speed so I choose this one but I am not sure which motherboard to choose so I could really use some help.
Thank you Jow Forums.

Attached: 82446-raven-am4-ryzen-5-vega-pib-left-facing-1260x709.png (1260x709, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/xykzLUQ.jpg
pcgamesn.com/msi-b450-motherboard-computex-2018
hothardware.com/news/amd-confirms-am4-socket-support-future-ryzen-processors-2020
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>>
sorry i forgot how to paste links on Jow Forums
also state your bulid's purpose(s)

Oh sorry I totally forgot about the general thread but I could never get an answer when ever I ask a question there. any ways
General use and light gaming like World Of Warcraft or anything that's not to taxing on the GPU portion you know, something to get by.

If you're not overclocking, any B series motherboard will do.
There's one catch, though. The AM4 B450 chipset hasn't been released and the only available one are the B350 motherboards and there's a good chance that whatever motherboard you buy won't have the required BIOS version to actually use the the APU. If you're buying from the store, either check for any indication that it's ready to use 2nd generation Ryzen chips or ask the store to upgrade it. There's also AMD being kind enough to send you a really weak (unusable for gaming) APU to update with but you need to send it back. Otherwise, your only option left is to buy x470 boards.
If you can, wait for a bit, the B450 boards are just around the corner. AMD hasn't announced the chipset themselves but some manufacturers have already showcased B450 boards at computex.

>which motherboard
you chose mobo first, then ram.
you can go with a cheap x370 like the asrock x370 killer sli
or you can wait for the next month's release of the B450 motherboards that are going to have even better ram support and can clock even higher.
i.imgur.com/xykzLUQ.jpg

pcgamesn.com/msi-b450-motherboard-computex-2018

you're better off with a b450 motherboard.

any b450 will do. also >>Jow Forumspcbg

Don't buy an APU if you may eventually want a better GPU or have an okay one now from an older generation.

That said I assume if you want a GPU someday you have a use for a reasonable powerful system. Thus..

CPU : AMD 2700 or 2700X. I would suggest the X if you plan to use the better included stock cooler.
Ram : Try for at least 3200 if you can it's sweet spot for price performance. Get a single 8gb stick for now if you must.
MOBO : You want something with X470 chipset. Older 300 series are nowhere near as stable. Get one from Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI. Asus ROG is top of the line if you can afford.
SSD: Samsung 960 or 970 EVO for nvme super speed. For SATA, Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500.

you should be more than fine with a 2600x Ryzen and a gtx1060 or rx580

X370 prices are through the roof over here it almost 180 usd to the cheapest Mobo, this is a work computer I am building which is why I just need something to get by with just light gaming and general computer stuff.
this is what I could come up with as of now.
CPU: Ryzen 2400g
RAM: DDR4 8G 3000MHZ CL15 1.2V KINGSTON HYPERX PREDATOR HX430C15PB3/8
Motherboard: PRIME B350M-K
GPU: Will be using Ryzen APU

What do you guys think?

It's okay. Just remember to ask the store to update the BIOS

it's great just remember the ryzen 2k series is only win10 compatible not 7,8,8.1 or lower

should i get a
r5 2600 + rx 560 4GB
or
just a 2200g?

2200g is damn cheap which i like.
i only browse Jow Forums and encode chinese cartoon bdmv.

Don't be a cuck.
Get 3200mhz RAM that is on the Certified Vendors List for your motherboard. Get the SSD

Get the 2400G if you encode, it's 4c/8t as opposed to the 2200G 4c/4t

That's 1.35v XMP

don't forget to buy fast ddr4 ram if you go for the G cpu

get the 1600 or 2600 straight away
you dont use a 2400g to encode
you might even want a 1700 then, its possible to run them in their sweet spot
mine runs at 3.75 ghz (allcore) on 100 W

DDR4 prices are way above the norm currently.

Wouldn't it be better to Just Waitâ„¢ one more year for Ryzen2 and mobos with DDR5 support?

>inb4 implying ddr5 will be cheap

Not really, but at least it will be the newest overpriced shit, instead of just overpriced shit you have to buy now.

>implying AMD is as shitty as Intel
hothardware.com/news/amd-confirms-am4-socket-support-future-ryzen-processors-2020

i'm well aware that am4 MBs will support future AMD CPUs.
My concern was RAM though, not CPUs.

Or you're implying that old ddr4 am4 mobos will somehow support ddr5 too?

DDR5 is coming only after zen3 though

Get anything B350 that has the ports and connectors you need. Preferably pick one with 4 DIMMs but it's not a requirement.

>Don't buy an APU if you may eventually want a better GPU

I disagree. Buying an APU with the intend to upgrade later is WAY better than buying a low tier dedicated GPU in the dreams of being able to upgrade later. And APU can be a legitimate solution. In the classic scenario of a budget build that could be upgraded, you could have invested in a low end CPU that couldn't be used with a better GPU, or wasted a lot of money on the initial investment for the "budget system"

AMDs APU strategy of integrating the to the main platform, AM4, is geneius. You can buy, say the 2200G, and put a decent GPU in later, and even a better one, and still use the APU.

You need to get 2 sticks of ram to feed the 2 memory channels. You will bottleneck your iGPU if you don't do so.

>World of Warcraft
>RX580/GTX1060
>2400G has a Vega11
I'm guessing you're the type to use a shotgun to exterminate mice

You got a better method smart ass?

Yeah, use the fucking onboard graphics you retard

No, I meant the killing mice with a shotgun, very effective

Mouse traps

C'mon man, that's what I started with
You think I haven't tried already? They're too smart, what else you got?

This. My recent build was
>2200g
>gigabyte b350m ds3h
>8gb 3000 ddr4 patriot viper
>patriot burst 120gb ssd
>500 watt rosewill psu
>cheapo rosewill case

Spent a little under $350 burger. I'm gonna snag a 580 and freesync monitor whenever I find a good deal, but I really only play overwatch and fortnite on PC, which vega 8 handles with playable frames. That ds3h board from amazon ships with the new bios btw, my 2200g worked out of the box.

Can you get 1080p60 on Fortnite?

Yeah, hovers around 55-70 on stock, 1080p, everything set to lowest except draw distance. I haven't gotten to it yet, but with a little overclock it will basically match stock 2400g performance.

At my local Fry's store they have a combo deal on a r5 1500X and a Gigabyte X370 Gaming 3 mobo all for $230, however on newegg they are selling the R7 1700 for $200 which I think is a crazy deal. What is the better deal?

Attached: 4D23B4D600000578-0-image-a-12_1528822794072.jpg (634x734, 35K)

Spend the extra $20 over the 1700 and get the 2600X