UMPCs

Tired of my huge clunky laptop and I don't want a virgin "battlestation". Are there any UMPC's around aymore? Minimum I could do is like 32mb of RAM and that's really pushing it.

Attached: IMG_9121.jpg (640x595, 65K)

there are GDP UMPCs
you could also buy a tablet with a keyboard or some cheap 10" chromebook

Try ebay man

I meant GPD

is 10 inch monitor good enough for you?
then buy let's note RZ

Too conspicuous, retard.

GDP Pocket.

GPD Win 2 is the king.

>RZ
>nip keyboard onry
let's not

Attached: CF-SZ6mk2_AP_front_right_0.jpg (3953x3441, 1.84M)

Using pic related (Gemini PDA) and only installing Linux is your last bet. UMPCs are fucking dead.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Why does GPD have so much demand then?

>unironically suggesting ARM architecture
This device is glorified smart phone with a keyboard.
At least the others are x86.

What do you want to use it?
A flagship smartphone with wireless keyboard/touchpad reign supreme.
I'm using it as a desktop replacement with a chromecast.

hipsters.

>x86
Hope you like Atoms with battery life measured in hours

A few hours is all the more time I need. In and out.

Good tread.

He wants a useful architecture

GPD Win 2 or GPD Pocket is your best bet. If you're willing to wait for their release, Pyra and Pocket 2 might work too.

>Atoms
>battery life in hours
Sorry sweety, my Win 2 with a M3 gets around 8 hours of mediocre (i.e. emulators or web browsing) use with full screen brightness. (Did the battery tests yesterday.)
Please don't post shit this dumb, even when you are a paid shill.

Pyra is not a UMPC...

If you run desktop Linux it scarcely matters.

According to the developers, that's supposed to be one of its intended use cases.

Quit splitting hairs.

This is a 18+ site kids.

>According to the developers
>developers of something can re-define well known definitions by their liking
Made me kek.

Just because I give less of a shit about pedantry than you do doesn't make me a child, user.

>Just because I'm a dumbass who does not know what words mean and uses them incorrectly does not make me a child
That's even worse, young children could be forgiven for such actions, dumbasses can not.

You mean subnotebook?

Attached: IMG_20170908_014215.jpg (5312x2988, 2.43M)

While strictly speaking the Pyra isn't a UMPC, I'd definitely call it one. Who gives a shit if it's processor isn't x86? This is a portable device; that's a pro. It's definitely worth mentioning in a thread for someone interested in UMPCs.

>While strictly speaking the Pyra isn't a UMPC, I'd definitely call it one. Who gives a shit if it's processor isn't x86?
UMPC is x86 by definition.
Someone wants to buy a car with a petrol engine, you offer them one with a diesel engine, just because "who cares, it's a car!". Just because you're a brailnet, does not mean you should brag about it.

>UMPC is x86 by definition.
Yes, I know. But the Pyra is a personal computer that's ultra mobile.
>Someone wants to buy a car with a petrol engine, you offer them one with a diesel engine, just because "who cares, it's a car!"
Someone wants to buy a gasoline compact car, I offer one with a diesel engine because I think it may suit their needs anyway.

Asus T100HA is UMPC enough for me

>Yes, I know. But the Pyra is a personal computer that's ultra mobile.
The Pyra is a "Handheld game console / PDA hybrid".

>Someone wants to buy a gasoline compact car, I offer one with a diesel engine because I think it may suit their needs anyway.
I never mentioned 'compact', so you are making shit up to fit your own bill. Yeah I was right about you actually being a dumbass not being able to understand definitions.

>The Pyra is a "Handheld game console / PDA hybrid".
It's got a keyboard and a desktop OS. It's a PC in my book.
>I never mentioned 'compact'
You're right, I was the one that brought it up. I never claimed otherwise.
>so you are making shit up to fit your own bill
No, I'm not. I'm responding to your analogy with a better analogy. OP's in the market for a compact PC, thus compact car. UMPC suggests specifically an x86 (gasoline) processor, but I suggest a model with an ARM (diesel) processor that may fit the bill.
>Yeah I was right about you actually being a dumbass not being able to understand definitions.
No, you're just even dumber than you think I am.

>OP's in the market for a compact PC, thus compact car. UMPC suggests specifically an x86 (gasoline) processor, but I suggest a model with an ARM (diesel) processor that may fit the bill.
No, OP specifically mentions "UMPC" not "a tiny computer".
Keep trying, by the retarded shit you're spewing out, you might as well be a Pyra/ARM shill.

>No, OP specifically mentions "UMPC"
The compact car of PCs

>It's a PC in my book.
Nobody says you can't call it a PC, as long as you don't call it a IBM PC compatible or UMPC as those terms have specific definitions that the Pyra is not.

>The compact car of PCs
compact gasoline (x86) car*

Eh, it's a UMPC

Just because someone asks for a gasoline engine car doesn't mean a diesel engine won't suffice. The user that suggested the Pyra was merely posting a highly related device.

>oh no he is right, better start shitposting
You will have it really hard in life if you can't even understand simple definitions, for your sake I seriously hope you're just shitposting.

Attached: yous.webm (1280x550, 1015K)

I never started shitposting and I fully understand the definition. You need to understand that I'm saying fuck it.

What criteria does it not meet?
It is clearly a UMPC

>so much demand

So much demand in comparison to what? Buckets of arsenic? People aren't lining up for these UMPC things.

>This device is glorified smart phone with a keyboard.

And UMPCs are glorified laptops but are made so tiny that they're useless, as a smartphone can do everything it does and more. The market is smarter than you think.

>At least the others are x86.

Yeah, no. That's a bad thing, you dumb Intel shill. Guzzles power and isn't an open source ISA. It's all a waste of time until RISC-V finally comes along.

>The Pyra is a "Handheld game console / PDA hybrid".

And the GPD Win (2) is also a handheld game console/PDA. They're both UMPCs. UMPCs are not inherently x86, if you think that, you are an actual retard who should be lucky he didn't get orphaned. UMPCs have traditionally been x86 because nothing else worthwhile existed for UMPC tasks at the time of their popularity.

Attached: 1516609620290.jpg (636x398, 18K)

UMPC is a standard made by Intel and Microsoft for sub 7" computers that use the x86 architecture.

>RISC-V
Yeah, please tell me where I can buy this magical RISC-V clamshell device that I can use all my existing software on. You call others Intel shill while all you post about is RISC-V when it hasn't taken even off.
We don't live in a magical world where open ISAs are popular, currently. One can dream, but don't be delusional about it.

>And the GPD Win (2) is also a handheld game console/PDA.
No, it's a:
>Handheld game console / Ultra-mobile PC / Palmtop
It is by definition x86 compatible (UMPC, Palmtop PC). While a PDA does not have to be, hence why the Pyra is a Handheld game console / PDA.

>UMPCs are not inherently x86
That's exactly what UMPC stands for. No matter how much you cry about it, it won't change it.
I do wonder how old you guys are, when we have had UMPC as a definition for x86 compatible for almost two decades and nobody ever bitched about it until now.