Outgoing call blocking

Is there a way to block outgoing calls on a landline unless a password is put in?
>95 y/o grandma stays with us and is basically completely gone mentally
>keeps dialing the police and old numbers she remembers and freaks out
Does anyone know the term about typing in a number to dial out? I've been trying to find it but I'm not sure what it's called.
The company is called Optimum (Connecticut). If possible would this be something I have to set up with the company or would is it done through t he actual recievers? Thanks

Attached: 90b[1].jpg (346x450, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anttek.callconfirm&hl=en_US
play.google.com/store/search?q=outgoing block&c=apps
youtube.com/watch?v=IJu-_VCmwRo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know OP but could you just make the phone more difficult to use or something.

Old people hate difficult thing and she'd give up

Take away the big button phone and give her the one with tiny keys

Don't worry about it OP, you're grandma probably won't even live a few more weeks so there's no point.

I feel like she'd freak out if she didn't have the phone or couldn't try to use it though. I'd prefer to have a dial tone but not have her be able to dial out. She'll forget what she's doing pretty fast

Actually she's been using a normal phone her whole life. Her hands are completely arthritis'd up but she's a crafty cunt and uses stuff like a pencil to dial

You're asking a technological solution when you don't need one.
Throw the phone away.

just take the phone away? Or go the physical route buy one of those cages they put on thermostats in public areas so you need a key to access the phone.

unplug the phone but tell her it's still plugged in?
>user why am I not getting a dial-tone?
>idunno grandma, it's plugged in, maybe you're hearings acting up?
>gran, I think it's time we talk senior living facilities

I wish. That's what I thought 5 years ago. But she just won't die. I love her but she's like a cockroach. Goddamn Italian genes I guess. Physically she's good but mentally she's rekt. We just can't deal with her anymore, she's a burden to the family and we have to have one member of the family watch her constantly, in addition to her nurse

see
She'd lose her mind if she couldn't hold the phone or hear the dial tone. It's a psychological connection to her home or something. I mean if I had it my way she'd go out with a quick, painless death instead of living in her prison of a mind, not knowing who she is or where she is. Living past your sanity is absolute horse shit. But I digress...

I was thinking I'd have to do that as a last resort. I'll try that and see how it goes.
Also, we tried a nursing home, but she constantly was in panic-mode because she didn't know where she was. It was hell.

Well no service is going to allow you to block emergency numbers, ain't happening
Might just have to take away the house line in general and everyone must use a cellphone

>She'd lose her mind
sounds like that's already happened user. Unplug the phone and get her some diazepam or something to make her comfortable.

Fuck, you're right. I forgot about emergency numbers. Fuck. That fucks me. No phone for her then

She's already on tramadol and lorezepam I think. Doctor won't prescribe "hard" benzos or opiods because of the interactions. But, what interactions? She dies? She isn't even alive right now basically. Sorry, going off topic again. It's just been so many years of this and it's really grating

Put her in a home or just grow the balls to take the phone away.
No, you cannot set up a password to prevent her from dialing out. The only thing that occurs to me would be to get a VOIP phone and create a personal dead end network so she can dial all she wants but can't call anyone.
Obviously this would require you to physically remove the phone and replace it, so that isn't much of an option either.

Just cut the line and tell her a technician is coming next Friday. Repeat that every time she asks till she dies.

Look into physician assisted euthanasia.
What state are you in? Even if it's banned, look into telemedicine. Physicians in Oregon and several other states can do it online.

She'll just need to make the trip.

Stop being a piece of shit grandson and spend the remaining time she has on this earth with her.

I do. I spend one day a week all day and night with her. She doesn't even know who I am. Fuck off

lol

I don't think his advice was funny. He's right. She has zero quality of life and is in even more pain every day. She's calling emergency numbers because she's either in constant fear or pain. It's more humane to put her down than to let keep her rotting in agony.

Find out where the land line starts put a dummy circuit there that adds a dial tone. Might be simplify things if you use an Arduino. You'll need other phones though.

wouldn't the answer be some child lock app?

or
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anttek.callconfirm&hl=en_US

play.google.com/store/search?q=outgoing block&c=apps

Attached: Capture.png (1370x435, 206K)

It's a house phone you idiot, not an Android

then cut the goddamn line.
or open the phone up and destroy the keypad.
jesus christ.

such a simple solution.

or get a better landline phone.
youtube.com/watch?v=IJu-_VCmwRo

Just kick her out.

Buy a second home phone, disconnect the first one from the network but keep it plugged in. Don't let her know the second one exists

Look into euthanasia.
Cutting off her lines is illegal and is going to make her feel even less secure.
When your pet gets too sick, you take it to the vet to put it down.

I actually think the only reason your parents are keeping her alive is to collect her SSI.

Why do you idiots think I'm OP?

does it fucking matter?

OF COURSE IT FUCKING DOES

Just set up your own pbx. You can do whatever you want.

Are emergency numbers disabled if you stopped paying or moved out?

Buy a new phone and rewire 9 to 2.
This will call 211 which is an info number which should be harmless.
Alternatively just rewire everything to 5 and nothing will ever connect.

Get one of those landline phones with kids lock function so that you may recieve the phone but can't call unless you enter the password. But still that won't stop the emergency numbers.

Find an old-style phone in a junk shop. Place it near her and run the cord behind something. Tell her the line isn't working at the moment, but she should check it every so often. Problem solved.

Attached: il_340x270.734865874_p94z.jpg (340x270, 18K)

Or even simple make a DIY physical switch between the telephone and line and put it in a box with a lock and key. Simple and effective and can be done in less than 5$

>cut line
>get raspberry pi
>make it transmit a line tone
>connect wire from rpi to phone speaker