pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: Ducky Shine 7 series.jpg (1616x1080, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xahlee.info/kbd/idiocy_of_happy_hacking_keyboard.html
aliexpress.com/item/Acrylic-but-thick/32820060386.html
aliexpress.com/item/Aluminium-but-thin-as-fuck/32515555254.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pink keyboards are gay

Both keyboards should be illegal.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is it better to get a white pcb than a black one? I heard it affects how lighting looks a little.

Getting my first board in a few days! Very excited

Attached: image.jpg (399x632, 144K)

White reflects better than black. I suppose if you wanted spill reflected as backlight, white would be better than black.

Attached: keyboard plus.jpg (2200x1467, 1.27M)

why isnt your board thicc?
you wouldnt really type on some plastic shit like the hhkb would you?

Attached: thicc.jpg (4032x3024, 1.86M)

>hhkb
xahlee.info/kbd/idiocy_of_happy_hacking_keyboard.html

anyone know where I can buy basically this but with silent brown/red switches?

Attached: keyboard.png (929x556, 299K)

who tada68 here?

Attached: cIcEHIe.jpg (1800x1200, 289K)

Mine came with a stabilizer missing on the enter key (what the fuck?) and the casing jittered everytime I hit a key, so I sent it back to kbdfans. Still waiting for my replacement to come in, 2 weeks later.

Hacker here
Rate my new HHKB

Attached: colorful_vibrator_keyboard_2017-03-04_92839-s.jpg (1210x680, 139K)

leddit/10

I would if it had the F1-12 row

Does anyone else unironically like MX blacks for typing?

Halo Clears or BOX royals?
I found other tactile kailh switches very enjoyable, but I'm worried that the royals will have the same problem as the Jades where the size of the tactile bump will force you to bottom out pretty hard. I haven't tried halo switches before, but they sound appealing.

Attached: 20180615_075934.jpg (1080x1494, 318K)

Do you think individual optical/analog switches will ever be available for custom keyboards? It should be possible for somebody to program a low-latency controller for one as well, I have hope.

Attached: IBM_Model_M.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Yes.
Linears are unironically my favorite switch type to use.

>TFW no 96 with the numpad on the left

Attached: 30115739.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Box royals are better, but they have the same problem as jades. I'd get them and swap in a heavier spring. Halos are all fluff, they're nicer than /mkg/ will tell you, but suffer the literal same problem as hakos.

If you mean like wooting's "analog" tech, it will be years if anyone even comes close.

Going to be swapping Box Jades into mine when I get the time

piezoberylliumelectrostatic tweeter

>implying my board ain't thicc as fuck

Attached: PC107048.jpg (1000x667, 489K)

Does 7lbs of aluminum count as THICC?

Attached: IMG_20180322_150600.jpg (2934x1566, 846K)

Anyone have experience with the Durgod Taurus K320? Thinking about buying my first TKL, and this looks to be a cheap option.

Am I out of my mind for wanting a 30% mech that can fit in my pocket+ connect to my phone?

What's the point of this general. So you have a loud keyboard. Whoop dee door l.

>What's the point of this general.
Feeling special like a snowflake.

what in the fuck

It's an ergodox m8.

you are a retard who has never programmed. Get a 5% that fits in your ear, look cool at parties.

Just impulse bought a hyperx alloy fps with cherry browns, how badly did i dun goofed?

>cherry browns
Too mainstream. The cool kids will shun you.

Honestly, yes. From everything I've heard they're so awful to actually type on that you're better off with, if not a software keyboard, then one of those miniature rubber dome keyboards that are made for phones.

Or get a 40% - the ability to access most common typing keys like backspace, control, alt, tab, and delete makes it significantly more pleasant to use. I guess you could still fit it in an overcoat pocket or something.

That's just a deprecated keyboard, nothing to see really

Are 60% keyboards a meme or are they actually useful for daily work

70% is the bare minimum for getting work done.

It's all about muh feels
Literally tumbr tier

What’s the best chink mech keyboard? Something in the Aukey price range preferably. I know they all kinda suck, but I’m not someone who really cares much about keyboards. Buying it mostly because of form factor.

Just get a tomoko

> The virgin mxblue rattle
vs
> The chad kailh thundercock clickbar

it is loud but the sound of box navys is pretty cathartic, granted I only use them at home.

>buy a 25€ chink gaming membrane keyboard
>I like it a lot better than my 100€+ mechanical keyboard

I fell for the meme, you fucking asshole pieces of shit, I fucking hate you.

>Budget
$150 but lower is better
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Scissor switches— or anything low profile and quiet.
>Layout
Full.
>Form factor
The lower the profile the better
>Backlight
I prefer something simple like white. Doesn't have to be fancy in any way
>Previous/current keyboards
I have a Corair K70 at home and I love it, but this is for work. I love the feel of the Apple Magic Keyboard, but I use a PC (not that the Mac layout bothers me) and I really want backlight.

Guys. I think I'm going to stop being a buyfags and spend my money on shoes after I get keycaps for my last board. It's been fun.

please tell me you're at least getting some clicky shoes and none of those pleb tier rubber soles

Attached: Sansha-T-Split-Tap-Shoes-in-Black1.jpg (1143x911, 415K)

guess I'll see you here when the new ultra low profile switches come out

Those Don't have RGB in the heel, and are not ortho friendly toe shoes. No buy.

Sorry missed I'm think of my first pair being a linear shoe so my co-workers don't get annoyed.

Lindontech, hcman and teamwolf are generally the ones mentioned here most. I own an hc and a lindon so I can confirm they're both very good brands.

>remove space bar
>cat hair fucking everywhere
What the FUCk bros

> What the FUCk bros
A cat

Attached: 1523899603491.png (1190x968, 807K)

trackbois roll out.

Attached: trackbois.jpg (1256x820, 220K)

First new keyboard in 2 years. Really wanted to try Topre and the 1800 layout and this was a great way to do both. It's definitely different but I don't know if I like it more than I do MX Clears for now.

Attached: _DSC0433.jpg (1507x1000, 214K)

What do you think will give a better representation of a portion/patch of an actual keyboard:
aliexpress.com/item/Acrylic-but-thick/32820060386.html or aliexpress.com/item/Aluminium-but-thin-as-fuck/32515555254.html ?

I would go for the aluminium as being better representative of an actual keyboard's plate, but it's so thin that I'm afraid switches could end up wobbly in there (which completely screws up the feeling). Does anyone happen to have experience with either and could weight in?

Switches included don't matter btw, I'll be using my own, just buying this for the plate (and uniform keycaps since I don't have enough spares right now)

What is the best linear switch ?

Some manner of Hall Effect

>I'm so insecure in my masculinity that pink makes me recoil in terror

The non-clicky version of that wooting analog switch.

>abs keycap costs twice as much as most of the boards

Whats the deal with the ABS keycap sets,why are they so fucking expensive?

Attached: hyperfuse_origins_1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 68K)

Because doubleshot, the tooling GMK bought from cherry was eye-wateringly expensive, and because people will pay it.

>he has an overkill microcontroller/processor in his keyboard

Have fun with your keylogging malware!

programmable trackpoint boards when

>I'm so immasculated that Barbie pink is my color of choice for computer peripherals

Attached: tex_yoda_trackpoint_keyboard_2.jpg (960x640, 391K)

i wish

Swapping navy springs into these seems to do the trick of making bottoming out less likely. I'll see for sure once I actually install them in the dactyl-manuform I plan on building.

Attached: box_royals_1600x.jpg (1600x1069, 34K)

Hey that's not a bad idea, I should definitely try that. Dunno why I didn't think of it

You could get the pink switches if you don't mind waiting for them. If you just have box navies lying around though you might as well.

Attached: novelias_2_1600x.jpg (1600x1069, 181K)

I wanted to get pink switches but as far as I'm aware they're only available from novelkeys directly, and they want to charge $15 to ship $5 worth of switches. To which I say, fuck right off.

Maybe it would be worth it if I were building a full keyboard with them, but right now I'm just messing around seeing what I think of them.

You should buy 200 of them and sell 100 later on when they're unavailable to desperate rebbitors :^)

What should I buy to use while I wait for these? Looking for something that won't be too expensive but also not shit.

Box navies m8.

While that sounds like a good idea, literally the only notable thing about these is a different colour plastic (since apparently chink box springs are coming soon) so it's too much risk for very little reward.

I mean it might be a way to offset the cost if I somehow decide that the navy springs in royals feels amazing and I want a full set of that. I guess I'll see, but honestly I highly doubt this is a viable strategy. I'm not even in the US so nobody's gonna buy them.

They're really nice, I tried it. There just seems to be some spring pinging but I imagine just lubing it a bit will help and might make it feel smoother too

I cannot decide between 78g or 67g zilents (for work). Not sure if I'll tire out more with the 78g since I type a lot in work but they both feel really nice.

Yea it would help with the ping. I used some 80wt silicone oil to lube the springs.

Was the spring the only part of the switch that you lubed? Did you just apply a thin coat over the whole spring or did you put a bit on the stem too? I really like how they feel so they must feel even nicer with the lube smoothing it out.

because not enough people care about something that you aren't supposed to be looking at to buy enough of it for economies of scale to make it cheaper

What is the name of all the mechanical switch brands ?

Razer

Just the spring itself. I only wanted to kill the ping really. You could lube the post where the spring goes onto if you want though.

that's nothing little man baby

Attached: ClackFactoryMX.png (1198x533, 367K)

Is the Atreus the best balance of portability and ergonomics right now?

Get a Kishy F62
you're not a weakling, are you?

Ah, I forgot to mention quietness as well.

then get a Leopold 660c

Have you clean your keyboards today, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_20180616_091525.jpg (4608x2592, 2.08M)

>standard staggered layout
>ergonomic

Dvorak, workman and colemak are more ergonomic then any ortholinear keyboard

If only there was something like the Dactyl but not split and compact. I'm too lazy to make my own.

I'd rather have staggered & curved columns to be honest. Can't be assed to learned a new key layout.

Forgot pic

Attached: dactyl.jpg (1613x1210, 428K)

In the middle of cleaning a board with ITW Cortron Magvalves. It's taking for-fucking-ever.

So a standard manuform then?

Attached: manuform.jpg (4320x2432, 3.34M)

i havent cleaned my razor blackwidow since I bought it in the original launch in 2010

sometimes I blow on it and a bunch of shit comes out, but no way am I taking off the keys now

Is it gay because you honestly believe that or is it because of a social construct that has been hammered into your brain since birth?

Which one sheep?

>I'm too lazy to make my own
what continent are you on?

Attached: 20180507_131426.jpg (4032x3024, 3.47M)

Is getting blues for gaming worth it? don't care about the microphone bullshit desu

if you like how they feel, just fucking doing it

all the shit about switches only being for a specific purpose is marketing trash designed to appeal to idiots that can't think for themselves and start loudly sweating when someone tells them it's their own choice

You can game on anything my friend, except maybe the thick clickbar box switches because of their reverse click