Headphones

What headphones does Jow Forums use?

Attached: Bluetooth Headphones.jpg (225x225, 6K)

These because they are cheap as fuck on ebay.

Attached: M40x.jpg (3456x4608, 1.15M)

stax 009 + stax srm-353x

Stax with Stax

Hd650, but I just got a roommate so I might pick up another pair. Something that's closed.

Got a superflux HD668B and a fiio dac amp. Want to upgrade for better music/gaming any recommendations?

good choice. im using m20x cause im a cheapskate

This.

Plus QC35 on the go or when travelling.

ATH M50x's

I also fell for the meme

are the QC35s not as good soundwise?

They're not great sound-wise, they're decent but definitely not great. Too much low end and a little too much high. Purely sound-wise, the M40x are quite a bit better.
However the QC are super comfy and light, can comfortably wear them for pretty long periods of time. Bluetooth is convenient as fuck and the noise cancelling is really what makes me love them. Especially for someone like me that's super sensitive to noise it's a real godsend. All that, at least for me personally, makes up for the sound being a bit more mediocre, though I am in no way an audiophile so your mileage may vary.

Just a pair of Sony MDR XB950BT headphones. My younger brother broke his pair so I bought a new headband assembly, repaired it, and he let me have it for free. Sure, the durability is questionable, but the portability and wireless capability is so freeing on all of my devices

HD600 for monitoring
K7XX for music
M50x for movies
QC35 for mobile
DT880 for a bad time or when drunk

dem monoprice dj headphones. It's $20 fucking dollars brah

DT770 PRO

Beats Solo 3
W1 chip
class 1 bluetooth (200-400 ft range)
40 hours battery life
5 min quick charge = 3 hours life
2 hour full charge
dual beam forming mics
comfortable for an on-ear headset (good seal and tension on the band)
controls are intuitive and offer easy access to siri
and best of all, great sound. Apple is slowly but surely fixing the problems with beats signature audio and moving it from the bass heads range to more middle ground. but the bass that's there is punchy and fun, like having a subwoofer in your ear.

Attached: disip_2.jpg (500x333, 82K)

Superlux 668B for gaming
Shure SRH840
Sennheiser HD598
AKG K701
Etymotic HF5
Etymotic ER4S
Philips SHE3590 for sleeping in and anywhere I could lose or break them.

give it back jamal

Wired: Sennheiser HD280Pro

Wireless: Skullcandy Hesh 3

ath-m30 for everything

My budget for headphones is $200. I did some research and I think I might buy pic related this week. I've seen a few other anons here say they've used it. Thoughts? Is there a better headphone for under $200?

Attached: Screenshot_20180615-232525_Brave.jpg (1080x1808, 348K)

cheap panadonic hje 125.

To save you money and give you better sound , ATH-M40

lcd2c
dt 1990

Alright. Yea I went to search the difference between m40 and m50 in terms of sound quality and they arent too much of a difference. m50 has more "bass" which I couldnt care much for that $70 difference. I'll order a pair of the m40

Yeah it's a good choice, everything I've seen said take the 40's over 50's. I don't know how they'd compare to the 40's but the Shure SRH840 are around that price too, and I enjoy the sound of them

ive had them for a long time and they work on my pc. theyre falling apart though so im thinking about getting some new bluetooth headphones. just dont know which to choose. dont want any gamer headphones.

the Bose qc 35ii's are too expensive, so im thinking about the Sony 950N1's when they go on sale for around $110

Attached: 20180615_220651.jpg (1836x3264, 458K)

None

Superlux HD330's
better than 668b's

Attached: aaaaa (1 of 1)-99.jpg (1000x624, 131K)

SteelSeries Arctis Pro, seriously i love this things they sound amazing

AYY MY NIGGA

Creative aurvana live2, pretty good desu

Attached: SmartSelect_20180616-013039_Chrome.jpg (1331x1324, 395K)

Originally it was $80 but they offered a discount. This is great timing, saved $100. Thanks again

Attached: Screenshot_20180616-004859_Brave.jpg (902x630, 104K)

No problem, you can even search youtube for reviews and it seems to be a unified consensus the 40 is much better than the 50. Great that you found that much of a deal, happy listening.

ATH-IM02 with custom molds. No matter what full-size headphones I tried in the shop(up to $1200) they just shit themselves on some complex tracks, so my next headphones are probably going to be some IEMs again.

Attached: 714fmcS3BpL._SX425_.jpg (425x271, 13K)

Got myself a pair of Sony wh900n recently for 180 bucks. Only thing I don't like is that they it uses a micro jack aux cable if you wanna use it wired instead of Bluetooth, and they're kinda hard to find.

Attached: 20180616_001108.jpg (4032x3024, 3.66M)

Brofist. Also what do you mean with "micro jack aux cable"?
It's just a standard 3.5mm stereo cable...

The base on every aux cable I have is too big to fully go in to the port. I noticed the cable that comes with it has a smaller base. Kinda sucks, might end up just shaving around the base of my spare 3.5 cables and using them like that.

I got the he 598cs during black Friday, they are very comfortable headphones

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

currently using chink "one odio"s with thicc aliexpress cups.
I would spend more on headphones but ever some of the most expensive ones have cheap plastic joints that are designed to fail after a while.

Attached: IMG_20180510_015425.jpg (2592x1944, 1.86M)

shp9500, monk plus, kz ate, sportapro, koss ksc75

I rotate the over ear/on ear/clips for home use and monk/kz for on the go.

My ear skin is really sensitive so I have to rotate between types to avoid getting rashes and shit.

Beyer T1

Attached: t1a20.jpg (1080x1080, 112K)

Sony MDR7506, I regret falling for that shitty meme. Wish my Creative Aurvana Lives had just continued to work.

Attached: 1522166614960.png (1600x1158, 1018K)

M40X as closed
Fidelio X2 as open

these, they were cheap and on ear so they don't heat my ears in summer

Attached: 61-i-kyIf8L._SL1400_.jpg (1400x1400, 88K)

had them, hated them
feels cheap, looks ugly, breaks easily
they do sound good tho

Fostex t40rp mkII

Hi, this is the FSF, we're calling about the Microsoft Windows™ sticker on your portable personal computer, we would like its immediate removal, thank you.

Hello,
I would remove it, but the residue stains would drive me mad. I considering getting a carbon fiber vinyl for this machine anyway ( I found a seller that has them specifically for my memebook). If I pony up the 20 bucks I'll happily remove them.
Rest assured, I have no blobs installed, and after I get coreboot + mecleaner on this thing it'll be pretty worthy of muh freedumbs.
Sincerely,
user

Anyone own wireless in-ear phones?

I'm considering Sony MDR-EX750BT. £149.95 with two year warranty.

Attached: Sony MDR.jpeg-EX750BT.jpg (1080x1080, 62K)

>Great sound
>Beats

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

I'll buy all of those save for >great sound
Beats sound shit, never been much different, likely never will be.

I'm considering buying the Bluetooth cable arrangement for the ZS6s now that they have APTx, but with Sony you get their codec. Something to look at in the very least.

Attached: Söze.png (609x357, 341K)

M40x are good, though I've found the M50x to be more comfortable, especially when wearing them for a little longer. They've a fuller sound as well, albeit they are a bit more bass-heavy compared to the 40s. They also use some more metal in an over higher quality build, both of these little plastic thingies supporting the headband where you can change its size broke on my 40s, so they're a bit wobbly. Still work just fine, though.
Both are good, depending on how important a mostly flat sound signature is for you, and if you can spare those $70 or not, I'd recommend you go with the 50s if you can. In any case, they're both great headphones, especially for the price.

How did you get that $15.80 discount?

I need a pair with a microphone included, what would you recommend Jow Forums ?

have you listened to any of the 3rd gen pairs? the solo 3 are very good for a bluetooth headset. the sound is detailed with good range for a consumer oriented set. these aren't monitors, but you can't expect that. they are however comfortable and enjoyable for listening all types of genres of music. apple has moved beats well past the old tinny/cardboard sounding nigger fart cannons of the monster days. this is coming someone who normally listens a K702 + E12 at home (and K550 on the go).

Really now?
Might give them a listen if I ever get the chance. I assume they'll be better than other beats, yet still sound, well, like beats. I can pretty much gurantee you that they're still almost hilariously overpriced for headphones of that class, though, they're most certainly not worth the money from an audio perspective.
Gotta say, though, can't talk shit about that W1 chip. Wouldn't mind seeing it in more headsets besides beats, though that's unlikely to happen anytime soon if at all.

Attached: T1-Schnecke.jpg (3840x2160, 3.08M)

I was ordering from Google Express, but then I noticed they offered a "promo code" discount with my purchase. I'm not sure if the promo code is tied to my specific purchase, or first time buying. They just offered a discount to go with my purchase so I took it.

Ordered the mdrex450 after another one of my 110s died
I'm afraid of spending too much since they're basically in use throughout the entire day and wear out quickly because of it

Attached: MG_EOS-5D-Mark-II015186.jpg (1024x683, 66K)

Attached: hd800.jpg (800x600, 102K)

Newer beats sound a lot nicer but are still hilariously overpriced. My mate got a pair free with his MacBook. It retailed for $399 or $499 I forget, but Australian dollars. They sound really good to me but not worth it for that much money.

They sound better than my bluedio UFO, but not 4x better. Not even 2x better.

But do yourself a favor and don't buy the XB line
They're just shit headphones with a lot of poor bass

beats solo 3 frequently go for $180 and studio 3 for $250 when they're on sale which is pretty good for a 40h bluetooth set of their calibre. half the price of qc35 ii (with better battery life and more notable features in the form of iOS integration). you can pretty much chock up the price difference now to apple tax. good product with the premium justified if you live in the ecosystem.

This is what he got.
But all black, no red.

I might consider buying them for 180, but no way for the regular price.

Attached: S80617-080751.jpg (1440x2560, 321K)

>open back
My only hard preference, give me some recs. Leaning towards 600 ohm DT 990s even though the price is a little steep for me.

Attached: download.jpg (640x480, 19K)

>DT990
Whatever version is cheapest. Pro or Edition, 32, 250 or 600 ohm versions.

It's a pretty nice headphone, except for the part where it has entirely too much response around 10kHz, medium-low Q. If you can pull that point down with an EQ, it is an excellent pair.
Otherwise, the peak makes it divisive.

What's your budget? Your current setup is pretty good for a budget amp/phones combo and you'd be looking at a few hundred for a noticeable upgrade.