Does anyone else not use their ring fingers for typing?

Does anyone else not use their ring fingers for typing?
All I ever use are my thumb, pointer, and middle fingers. All my pinkies do are hit shift and enter

Attached: 25d80ae79e44dccca72a1e530f5000c0f9c87018_hq.jpg (600x412, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, but I'm a hunt and peek typist, so I guess I don't count.

Attached: 1452893212578.jpg (825x1200, 266K)

Yes, post depression;gate

Attached: @channer.gif (1280x787, 1.45M)

>Does anyone else not use their ring fingers for typing?
Yes, but not as much as I should since it feels awkward.

Attached: i wanna fug maho.png (2500x2105, 265K)

I use my left ring finger to press 'a' and my right ring finger to press 'backspace' and 'delete.'

my left hand uses most fingers pretty well, although I hit like two or three keys with pinky/ring
my right hand mostly uses the middle finger and moves around a bunch, and the only time I use my right ring finger is when typing the letter L

k

Attached: 1517674319922.jpg (890x768, 80K)

Why don't you just learn to type correctly. I used to type the same but could still hit like 80 WPM. I decided to learn to do it correctly so I just spent a bunch of time playing the original typing of the dead. I started out really slow but after a few weeks I got way faster than I used to be and now I don't need to look at the keyboard.

I type with 8

My left pinkie is only used to find where to place my hands without looking and for the control and shift key.

Space is only with left thumb (calling it a finger for convenience).

>I bet you fuckers can't even hold a pen in a proper position between your fingers
Correct
>Intelligence by association is no intelligence
No shit sherlock
>Try to leave this fucking place my dudes, it ain't doing you a favor and you all know it.
Everyone knows that. But guess what, you can't leave either. You will be back user

People like you really are failures

Try getting any serious job nowadays and you will look like an assclown at your desk

Guessing user deleted his comment
I used to hold a pen between 4 fingers, I've retrained myself to use 2.

To any hunt and peck typists out there, or anyone who just wants to improve their typing skill. Learn a new keyboard layout, but don't switch around the keys on your keyboard. Keep a cheat sheet next to you handy, and you'll learn to touch-type within a week. Worked for me.

>tfw love dvorak but it's horrible for programming

What's the most efficient alternative layout to qwerty? Assume that no backward compatibility or qwerty familiarity is required

I know that feel, my poor pinkies.
I ended up making my own keyboard layout loosly based on dvorak. It ended up being supremely comfy for programming. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Using Emacs, I know the struggle of the pinky. Luckily evil mode saved that.

Here it is, I found it.
I don't have a name for this layout yet, but it is by far the best layout I've used for unix commands, and c/c++ programming, and general english.

Attached: keyboard-layout.jpg (830x236, 50K)

Yeah, I think so. It worries me because my left hand seems faster and more precise than my dominant right hand, maybe because the most common letters are on the left side of a QWERTY board. Add some RSI to that as well.

Comparing it with the Dvorak on my desk it seems different enough to be it's own thing. You should name it user.

I don't use homerow, and I type mostly with my left hand, but I do still use all 10 fingers. I can type up to 160wpm, but my left wrist burns if I go full speed for too long in a row. I'm planning to try to relearn typing soon. Not sure if I'll just go for homerow qwerty or jump straight to learning dvorak or something. I'd probably get used to homerow positioning while learning another thing anyway, so might do that.

>you will never type on a Kinesis Advantage 2 using the colemak layout in optimal sitting posture while being optimally hydrated

Learn to type.

Has anyone seen this: mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx ?

Any ideas?

Thinly veiled Maho thread

Attached: 1528949697469.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>tfw they had a typing competition on twitter once, and after I won it they just gave me a 20% off (I think) coupon
>I'm broke so I told them to give it to someone else and that I couldn't afford anything on their site
It felt kind of bad. The contest was fun, but I cucked someone out of the coupon since I wasn't gonna actually use it. I was hoping to win a full keyboard, but that's maybe a bit much to ask.

Yeah, buddy. I want to fuck her more each episode.

Attached: 1527762295176.png (868x1228, 1.7M)

I got nothing

I am not a coder, but perhaps reference it to a coding meme? Or you could just use your last name as well.

Oh shit, I meant programmer
>TAKES COVER

Benis

No thanks, I got a life

My fingers don't want to work that way.
Me too

Attached: maho sleeping.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

NoCtrl

If you haven't heard, there's a "programmer dvorak" layout.

What anime?

Inherently QWERTY is very inefficient at using all your fingers - along with not being able to really retrain myself for qwerty after years of habit I took up typing in colemak and my hands have never felt more appreciative.

Also having the common keys on homerow just makes sense - why put all the main keys you use on a strenuous position?

Attached: 1513974929102.gif (540x540, 1.99M)

>typing of the dead
nice, picked up

Steins; Gate 0

I tried it, it didn't solve any of my problems. And the layout of the numbers just felt unnatural to me. Having to press shift to press half the numbers was wierd. (I'm the user that created the layout above btw)

Sounds too edgy. Besides, I do have control keys, they are just on the bottom row that is not pictured.

Benis wins by default. From this day forward, this layout shall be dubbed "Benis"

how did that fat dude get a super hot gf? wtf???

i stopped using my left ring finger after i got a magnetic implant and couldn't type with it for ~1 month.
still use my right ring finger though.

The store of why I never learned to type properly. By, anonymous
> Third grade. We wall started a new type of class called "Computer class".
> First day of class we were all assigned a computer.
> Due to having an under bite, I had to take speech therapy.
> So I had a schedule conflict were I missed the second class
> Third day of class, I come back to having my assigned seating striped away from me, and given to the late transfer student.
> For the rest of the year I bounced around the room to the absent kids computer, having to make a new account, and relearn homerow every day.
> This continued every year, till eight grade when typing was dropped do to the fact the everyone (but me) had perfected it over the last six years.
> Kick from speech therapy at the end of seventh grade do to no inprovement, they said "your speech never got better, but we have to graduate you. This class isn't offered in Jr.high."
Worse part I knew my speech wouldn't get better by fourth grade, and I kept asking to be dropped from the program so I could keep a seat in "Computer class" and learn to type.
Now I can't type, speek, or wright properly.
P.s. I was also missing half my English classes due to speech therapy as well.

Give you an idea of my school district.

Attached: Missouri-Map-County-Outlined2-v1.png (438x385, 23K)