CuckCuckGo

So, if DDG doesn't store my IP, then how is it able to tell me my ip if I search "what is my ip"? and my user agent and location if I search for it?

Attached: DuckDuckGo-Logo.jpg (2083x1667, 458K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.quarkslab.com/a-brief-survey-of-fully-homomorphic-encryption-computing-on-encrypted-data.html
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it does so behind your back

is this bait?
be honest OP

no, its not
is there a reasonable explanation for this? I'd love to hear it.
>tripfag
opinion discarded

> If DDG uses my IP address to send the resulting webpage back to me, they store my IP.
Literally op.

No seriously, look up who owns cuckcuckgo.

>all information is inherently stored on a hard disk
I suck cocks, disregard this

Attached: albert gorithm.png (701x86, 24K)

im a a computertard pls explain

Attached: 1512427261997.png (645x730, 27K)

Lurk moar and leave Jow Forums until you understand technology enough to answer a question rather than asking it.

Attached: the guy she told you to worry about.jpg (1500x1283, 211K)

Oh great, the duckduckgo shill created another falseflag thread.

Hide and report.

The server has to be able to send the web page back to you. It's not magic. They MUST have your IP. They can then choose to log that IP or not. They claim they don't.

they backtrace ur ip fckn nub

"For searching, I have mostly used DuckDuckGo for the past few years." -Richard Stallman

Attached: stallman.png (1500x1500, 3.02M)

Any web address you go to will ALWAYS have your IP for connection. Storing is a different matter. It's like calling somebody but they autodelete all call history so your phone isn't known or remembered.

What laptop is Stallman using in this pic?

this is the literal state of Jow Forums holy shit

Attached: pole.png (500x501, 80K)

The only good search engines are
>StartPage
>ixquick
>searx.me
CuckCuckJew is owned by a Shekelberg who used to have a site whose sole purpose was to collect personal data. Do not trust DDG shills.

X200?

it doesn't /store/ it. it has a script that /shows/ it.
you do understand that, in order for you to request a page w/o a proxy or tor or a vpn, etc, the page you request gets your ip? all duckduckgo says is that it doesn't save it anywhere.

will you suck mine too :3

doesn't store != doesn't know

>There is actually people on this board right now who use CuckCuckGo.

Attached: 1529088813808.png (1701x8000, 657K)

How your browser works is that it sends your IP and user agent to every site you visit. IPs are geolocated so the server can do a lookup.

>If I don't write your name on a huge billboard, how do I remember your name?
Absolute state, etc.

what do you use then?

what should i use if not ddg?

Attached: ypy1fk9u1do01.png (112x112, 19K)

>OMG THE MAIL MAN KNOWS MY ADDRESS WTFF
This is you.

>It can echo my ip and headers back at me, that means it stores them

the absolute state of neo-Jow Forums

Qwant is pretty nice too.

I like the look the guy on the right is giving him.

Attached: 1529127310347.png (330x368, 156K)

Sure OwO

How the fuck could anything give you a response without an ip?

>>StartPage
>>ixquick
>owned by another jew

That's it. Jow Forums is officially tech illiterate.

yes and there is a full search suit

Quant stores your data. Read the TOS.

Whenever I use Duckduck I feel like it doesn't show me what I want, and google does.

How does this work? I may be using it wrong or something

Google has good results because it stores your data and presents you answers relevant to it.

And this is a good feature, right? If that data is stored locally and not accessed by any backdoor, of course. Why doesn't duckduckgo do this?

What I meant was, what are the pros/cons of using an alternative searcher like duckduck go? Aside of privacy

>that pic
are you, by chance, a retarded redditor?

I don't think so.

>>>StartPage
>>>ixquick
>>owned by another jew
Is your only "argument" muh jews?

it just prints part of your request header.
yeah sure, it gets "stored" for the entire millisecond it takes to serve the fucking page.
please return to your containment board.

>aside of privacy
What

Aside from the privacy aspect (I think this is correct in english lol), what are the pros of using it?

Privacy should be reason enough.

Is your data that fucking precious. How the fuck else are the cunts supposed to make a buck?

are they not owned by another jew? is this not a fact?

duckduckgo has bangs
if ddg results aren't sufficient, you type !g before search term and it will google it
if you need to use wolframalpha for example, you don't need to go to wolframalpha.com then typing your formula. instead, you just type !wa your formula.
same for youtube, you just type !yt name of video, no need to go to youtube.com and then search.

Cool! thanks for the info

Nothing search query related.

haha!

I'd recommend stupid questions general. Not that you're stupid, but it's a great resource for getting answers without starting a whole thread. Just remember to be respectful when asking.

Jesus Christ, people are still posting that garbage?

>cuckcuckjew
Seems the whole argument is about Jews. If Jews are involved then they want your data.

It's a cute joke, but not proof. You know this.

I'm using MetaGer, a German meta search engine run by a non-profit since 1996.

Disclaimer: I'm one of the devs.

Is it good by aby chance?

Only if you're German.
It might be good enough if you can tolerate some German results in the international version (metager.de/en) every now and then.
The sad thing is: To get better international results we need international partners and to get them we need more international users which we can't get because we need better intenational results. But we're slowly getting there.

How do you expect data stored locally to have any affect on searches through remote indexes?

You're right. But isn't really any way to have personalized searches while respecting the user's privacy?

There is—in theory.
Homomorphic cryptography would be a solution to this, but currently it's nowhere near feasable. Research just isn't there yet.
Come back in 5-10 years.

Oh, interesting. Just read the wikipedia page on this and didn't understand shit though lol

This article explains it quite nicely: blog.quarkslab.com/a-brief-survey-of-fully-homomorphic-encryption-computing-on-encrypted-data.html

Defiantly not. Looks like one of the IBM ones

Just downloaded the duckduckgo browser on my phone.
I really like it so far. I was using Firefox focus before.

Is there any proof its actual botnet? I mean isnt it all open source?

If DDG didn't know your IP it wouldn't be able to send you information
Google and similar browser literally store your information and what you searched for somewhere on their server - DDG doesn't

It's not private in means that they don't know who you are, they do - they just prmise they won't save that information somewhere. It's up to you to trust them.

If you already want that added IP security than use TOR because tor will de-facto give them the wrong ip. But I doubt you'll need any more layers of security if you don't know how basic shit works - why ask questions about storing IP if you don't know what IP is
faggot

You're some special kind of retard? Serious question. Are you a retard?

Fucking mail man

It could.

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html