>computer science msc
>brainlet
>meme degree before this
>don't know even the first thing about coding
>even have a hard time using linux when I've tried it in the past

How do I not fuck this up?

The course is supposedly a "conversion course" and is based around:

>programming: introduces the Java programming language
>computer architecture: covers the basic structure of computers and computer networks
>software engineering: considers the problems of the design and implementation of large computing systems produced by a team of designers and programmers

this all sounds pretty basic, should I kill myself?

Attached: 1497547440469.jpg (961x816, 239K)

>java
heh

stop wasting time and get a fucking book on python. I recommend automate the boring things.

You're diving into an endless hole. Yes you'll be confused as fuck at times. It'll "click" though a good bit in.

>endless hole
That's the only reason I took this course tbqh.

here, didn't realize it was java, shieet.

That fucking blows, godspeed user.

Attached: 1427759847682.gif (645x773, 8K)

If it doesnt come natural why force it? Youre always gonna be better off doing what your good at... especially so much time/ money invested..

>If it doesnt come natural why force it?
What does this really mean?

For context I once used Linux to cheat on CSGO, I was also using a Korean 1440p monitor that had no scaler but could overclock. I literally couldn't manage to get it to work at the speed I had it overclocked to fine in Windows because I was such a brainlet. I couldn't understand that the Nvidia thing was different to the thing you usually use to adjust monitor shit in Linux.

Classic frog poster

You probably have qnix or x-star or something like that. I have one and holy fuck is the value crazy and unmatched today.

It's insanely fucking easy in windows to OC.

Attached: cxeYHzZ.png (1325x501, 59K)

I don't see how this would be considered a computer science msc desu

You're right, it's a Qnix QXwhateverthefuck. From a price to performance perspective it probably is the absolute best purchase I've ever made, even now an IPS 144Hz 1440p monitors are 3x the price of it where I live, and I bought the fucker in 2013. I of course appreciate the fact that an Asus or Acer monitor would have more features, but I don't really care about them.

How so? Genuinely want to know, not attacking you. I can still back out of this and get my money back.

in the first few lessons you are usually required to write a kernel for linux on your own, if you can't do that then forget it.

It sounds like first semester BSc stuff

>write a kernel for a kernel
u wut brainlet?

I know some of these words.

industry only cares about certs. your useless degree is going to spend half its time teaching you microsoft office.

"introducing Java" is first semester CS, and computer architecture is second year. The software engineering/project management aspect sounds like an attempt to teach computers as a MBA style thing. In irl this probably leads to management roles where you have no idea what your people are doing and they all hate you too. Good luck tho

>industry only cares about certs
depends on the industry

He meant a kernel for GNU

Should I put a 1911 in my mouth and keep pulling the trigger until it all ends?

What are you talking about, you're doing a bsc and getting a msc diploma, it's a win win.

I think it depends on the uni. I did computer architecture in first year, but a software engineering module in second year, but the software engineering module was a year long group project with a client, I don't know if OP's is similar or if it's literally just teaching them what agile, waterfall, scrum etc are.

I fell for the conversion compsci msc meme at a good U.K uni.

You will come struggle (large drop out rate). You will not understand a huge number of basic concepts (some girls by the end of my course didn’t know what I meant when I said “gooey” - of course they had interviews at amazon and the big4 regardless because “women in tech” are so valuable). You will look stupid when interviewing at computing jobs with a “””masters””” and can’t do basic technical exercises.

During the programming modules, people complained to me that the course didn’t tell them how to “think”. Like yes, they understood the way object oriented programming worked but weren’t good at it and hadn’t practiced, and blamed the lecturers and the course for not making them into good programmers.

I’m waiting for companies to catch on to this meme and to start being skeptical of it.

Put simply: the only people that succeeded on this course were people that did maths/compsci/physics A levels or degrees.

Good luck?

Just following on from this:

I just wanted to add that while all of this is true, you can do well career-wise if you put the effort in, are relatively intelligent, are a good communicator and good at interviews.

I recommend stopping what you’re doing right now and learn basics of programming, networking, comp architecture, Linux for the next 3 months before your course starts.

i wonder what apu plans to make ?

he has a Bunsen burner on with nothing on it and a blue liquid in a Pyrex jar. His hands aren't in frame so i assume he is finished or he doesn't quite know what to do . At least he has safety goggles, good job apu.

>It's a meme because people don't put even the slightest effort
Imo CS is a domain where you can advance so much on your own that a diploma becomes just a proof you can adapt to social norms and pass cv screening. And that is true in general but fails when we take in consideration more science heavy stuff like AI/3d algos etc. due to their complexity/unavailability for the general public.

are you in UK?

Don't listen to this moron .
Java is the one of the most widely used languages in the world and has much wider applications than python. It's also a lot better to do larger projects in because of it's static type checking, which makes it easier to find bugs at compile time.

How come you have bachelors degree in computer science but don't know a single thing about programming? I smell bait.

how is that an MSc?

regardless, if they are really that basic you should be fine

you just need to not give up, it's really not hard

I don't have a bachelors in CS.

Sounds you've been faking it pretty well so far, just keep going.