How's your disk doing

Am I fucked? I mean it's only 4 years old.

Other than that user, how's your disk doing instead?

Attached: hdd.jpg (656x668, 176K)

50C seems a bit too hot.

Yes reallocated are bad sector, time for new harddrive

What program is this?
I want to check my old drives

CrystalDiskInfo

it's doing fine. Thanks for asking

Attached: Untitled.png (688x834, 78K)

I always keep it inside an old Nintendo DS cover, even when I'm using it (it's an external one and I want to protect it from shocks). Should I take it out when plugged in?

fixed current pending sector count problem the other day. took like 10 h to write 0 to entire 1tb disk but now i have no errors.

Circa 2009

Attached: Disk.png (671x603, 67K)

Im in the same boat but worse number
How fix?

As mentioned by , overwriting the entire drive is often an effective - but, alas, temporary - fix.

does this mean I've lost data?

Attached: Screenshot_20180616_063531.png (465x172, 3K)

Always entertaining when a noob confuses a disk error with a FS error.

This wouldn't happen if you used an SSD.

Thanks for reminding me, OP. Haven't checked in ages.

Attached: happy_wd_blue.png (672x596, 66K)

> 9 years
Nice though i have an old hitachi 20GB ide drive from 2003 that still works like a charm.

its probably really bad if smart detects something. usually it would say that the disk is fine even if you can hear that its not.

>4 x 128GB SSD
>torrents 24/7
>6 years old

Still "GOOD". Hope it doesn't just crash suddenly but even if it does it's no big deal as i use it as torrent buffer and moves completed files to HDD and stop seeding.

mine is 7 years old and its more than fine
also have never made any backup and i dont know how to do one

No, they have an entirely different failure mode.

Attached: life_with_ssd.png (144x24, 718)

Bought it in 2013

Attached: dd.png (1016x733, 130K)

Consider moving any important data to another drive.

I ran into errors on this disk when it was close to full. Pruned out over half of what was stored on it to make it last longer.

Attached: Untitled.png (670x612, 63K)

sometimes it loses control of the head but it starts working normally after a while so i have not replaced it yet.

Attached: s.png (911x505, 73K)

looks fine

Attached: Capture.png (683x691, 135K)

>5400 rpm

These laptop hard drives are garbage especially with windows 10 on them which constantly does a lot of background activity

Nobody I know seems to have this problem. I would recommend a 7200rpm drive to them for pagefile performance though. If they're happy with pathetically low capacity and the possibility of NO BOOT DEVICE SYSTEM HALTED every time they power up, I'd give them a cheap SSD.

This.
Problems like this won't appear had you bought an Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display instead.

I like them because are very silent.

>These laptop hard drives are garbage especially with windows 10 on them which constantly does a lot of background activity
that's mostly because of windows defender, automatic defragmentation, windows update and system restore. You can turn them off.

I just retired 2 1TB WD greens that had 52k and 56k hours on them and both were still "healthy" according to the software.

Now I need to do the same for the other 2 I have but I'm out of cash because 3TB drives around here are too expensive aka around 200 USD dollars each.

People told me not to fall for the SSD meme because it'd die too quickly

7 years later, still going strong at 21TB writes

Will be replaced before it dies no doubt

Attached: Capture.png (1004x904, 540K)

>78%
>upgrade firmware
>100%

What happened? Is it dangerous?

Attached: Régime extrême.png (476x573, 228K)