Laptop inconvenience

>When the ventilation is on the side you have the mouse, so your hand boils when playing video games

>The mouse pad is so terrible, you spend 10 minutes trying to exit a program

>When it comes with 100 HP/Acer/Asus etc. software crap pre-installed

Attached: akrales_180320_2397_0039.0.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10startfresh
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You should always install your own OS with a new laptop. And no, you should not use wangblows.

>playing video games

Attached: 1515662755438.png (814x806, 31K)

>stop playing gayemz
>buy a ThickBad X230
>toss in an 250GB SSD and 8GB RAM
>add 9 cell battery for all day power
>install openPEPE Gahnoo+Loonux
>automatic power management
>nice and cool, no fan noise
>it just fucking works
>profit???

>X230
No. X220 was the last passable model. X200/T400 were the last good models.

>muh keyboard
If you swap keyboard with x220 it will be the same but with better cpu

>using a laptop in 2018
Brainlet detected.
Desktop + smartphone is the thinking man's choice.

>>When the ventilation is on the side you have the mouse, so your hand boils when playing video games
>gayming
>>The mouse pad is so terrible, you spend 10 minutes trying to exit a program
Don't buy fucking garbage
>>When it comes with 100 HP/Acer/Asus etc. software crap pre-installed
Don't buy fucking garbage or use wangblows

What the fuck is wrong with you? If it's yours, you install the system, if it's not yours, don't touch it.

>using smartphones in 2018

>not being ambidextrous
Sucks to be you I guess.

t. NEET

What's that laptop in pic related?

It's more than a keyboard, you fucking retard.

Isn't the exhaust always on the left?
I don't think I've ever seen a laptop with the exhaust on the right.

>T400
>offset screen
Pls, no. At least the cooling solution was good enough for whatever CPU was in mine, as opposed to this noisy as shit T420s that idles in the upper 60s/70s. And yes, I would replace the thermal paste, but that little "s" means splitting it into atoms to do so, which I can't be bothered with. At least it was free.

Just stick to Macbooks.

Get an iPad

What if you desire or require a larger portable screen experience?

Well, then enlighten me my master

Ebin maymay, summerfriend.

Why would you play games on a laptop? Do you want it to die early?

Coreboot does not work as well on an X230.

That actually all
any other thing that you cant do on x230 can be implemented in x230

What?

>pre-installed
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you "reset" it with Windows 10 so it comes stock without having to re-install the operating system again?

Yes, that is a thing.
microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10startfresh

>buttons are part of the scrollpad

Attached: rage_Pepe.jpg (720x720, 56K)

>scrollpad
The what now?

>scrollpad
wEw lAd

Attached: 1528333439694-g.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>>When it comes with 100 HP/Acer/Asus etc. software crap pre-installed
"factory reset > minimal install" helps

>Core 2 Duo / early i7 was last good Thinkpad

I love my T61 to bits, it is my favorite Thinkpad of the entire line, and I modded it with the Middletons BIOS, 8gb RAM, FHD IPS screen, T7300 C2D (might try an X9000) and mine has the Nvidia graphics, but it is hardly the last good Thinkpad. The C2D was a good chip in its day but now it struggles with shit like zogbook which I use to keep in touch with family members while I'm on the road, I drive a truck.

I bought my woman a T440 and we both liked it, though I don't like the integrated trackpad / mouse buttons, but otherwise it's a great machine and it has more battery life than my T61 and E6520 combined, both on battery saver mode. And god damn I wished my T61 had a backlit keyboard, her T440 has it.

Gaymer here I'll address this without shitposting.

I play some of the older Source games like CS and HL2DM, and those run pretty good on most laptops even the ones with integrated Intel graphics, but I would never consider a laptop for the sole purpose of gaming, my Threadripper handles most of that, and you shouldn't either.

Gaming laptops defeat the whole purpose of having a laptop in the first place, a mobile device you can deploy in the field and not have to worry about any physical tethers like a power cord because DOOM will wipe a fully charged battery in an hour or so with those high-end graphics and CPU in top gear trying to play it. Even CS Source will drain my E6520 in an hour and it's got a Quadro.

yup, did it with my woman's T440. The guy who sold it to us was a sysadmin at his job and his employer put Windows 10 S on it which you can't even load OEM drivers from the fucking manufacturer with S because it's not an app from the store so I nuked that bitch and put Pro on it without having to re-license it. The 10 license is stored in the SLIC at the hardware level so you can do a nuke and re-install without having to jump through licensing hoops

Proprietary faggot.

>proprietary
>T61 with 3rd-party BIOS
>chopped up a 90's beige server tower to install a dual-loop watercooled Threadripper

0/10