LINUX BTFO

>Riots new Anti-Cheat will wipe out the entire Linux Player base.

>Riot has been testing their "new" Anti-Cheat(AC) on PBE for around a month now and just recently made it live on North America.

>Their new AC has stopped all virtual environments from working. All Linux users use some sort of Virtual environment software to be able to run and play the game they love League of Legends now that isn't possible.

reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8rij1k/psa_riots_new_anticheat_will_wipe_out_the_entire/

Attached: 1479119096128.jpg (1000x847, 110K)

who even plays that shitty game

oh no how will i play a garbage mobage

oh no muh gaymes
there are ways around this

dota 2 werks

I play this game every once in a while with my friends because they don't like Dota 2.

Let me tell you, using LoL's launcher is the single most mentally excruciating task ever. Every single time I update if fucking breaks, or gets stuck, or simply decided to stop working.

>LoL's launcher is the single most mentally excruciating task ever.
I can confirm. Had to reinstall the entire fucking game just because of a dependency issue (the updater didn't pull a dll for some reason).

Fuck off and die, frogposter

Attached: download (2)__01.png (132x224, 26K)

just use windows right? its not LOL unsupported and is actullay used by profesionals and not autism os that no one uses loonix the whole world runs windows so why you use trash thtas not supported. windows is the 1 biggest supported os and will be beacuse its the fastest and most performong best one. linix is like 0.0000000001% of all comouters.

Looks like Ill have to switch over to dota then. Shame it has no good waifus.

>no good waifus

Attached: broodmother_vert[1].jpg (235x272, 71K)

>what is pugna

What about that succubus, firemage elf, crystal maiden and wind ranger?

If it's like how nvidia blocks non-quadro cards from running in a VM, then that's just a checking a checkbox.

>anyone liking or even loving that pile of shit
That's fake news

Off by a factor of trillions. Linux is 1% of the playerbase according to that post.

I do

Attached: 2018-06-16 23_29_15-League of Legends.png (952x699, 910K)

Too bad dota is no longer about the game but who has the most expensive cosmetic items

imagine being addicted to games

>responding to b8

Linux is a kernel.

better not know really

oh noes, what ever will I do.

>I mean that sucks, but can't you just dual boot your machine if you wanted?
>Linux has never meant to be for games... Like really. Just dual boot and all your problems are solved.

Attached: 1528957726697.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Install Gentoo

also, go back to

cyka blyat.

>YOU DON'T NEED IT
Like a clockwork.

Attached: 1527412526245.gif (540x540, 282K)

He'd go away if you stopped caring.

Attached: 1429262108185.jpg (251x242, 12K)

Wine Is Not an Emulator

>unironically defending LoL
Normally I'd say you should get back to /v/, but they don't want you either.

It's a game for kids. Those are typical replies you expect from ignorant kids.

I hereby claim this board for the Gamers. Game on, and may your Windows updates by unintrusive :D

>>YOU DON'T NEED IT
wait, are you saying you DO NEED GAMES?

>LoL
consider suicide

Keep that faggot off /trash/ I don't want him there either

Lmao never change retards

Attached: 1297525227209.png (836x983, 570K)

>LoL player
>calling others retard
Pick one

Video games are for retards.

underageb&

Games like LoL epitomize the very worst of what computer games have to offer the world. Go play dwarf fortress, sven coop or minesweeper.

t. no gaymes lincuck

>a*ime poster
>garbage bait shitpost
Checks out

Attached: autism_speaks_hat.png (1000x1000, 467K)

All the video games I could possibly want are already libre or have a GNU/Linux port

Attached: 1501489085257.jpg (478x478, 37K)

Video games single handly drive the tech world for decades now.
Even C was made to make game creation easier.

xDDDD

>Video games single handly drive the tech world for decades now.
No wonder it is in such an awful state. No advancement, proprietary shit everywhere, monopolies. All propped up by retarded gamers.

>All propped up by retarded gamers.
Casualization was a mistake

Attached: 1527778198447.png (661x716, 31K)

>LINUX BTFO
instead of
>GAYMERS KEKED BY RIOT
or
>LOL FAGGOTS DEPORTED FROM LINUX LAND

how do people play this shit?
even some open world game like skyrim gets repetitive after playing it more than 20 hours, how can these fucking losers play every single day for 2 hours? it's always the same map, character differences are barely noticeable, animation is all too similar...
and these people, not only do they play it for 2 hours, they also watch other dudes playing it. they even incorporate their retarded vocabulary in everyday life.
like, when we were at airsoft match, these two losers were shouting to me "he is gonna plank/flank/genk/something like that you".
if you play LoL/DotA/whatever, there are huge chances i will hate you.

winning other people makes me feel that I am not a total failure

Video games were a mistake.

So, how many players did they lose, 30?

What games do you play?

Gentoo?

>it's always the same map, character differences are barely noticeable, animation is all too similar...
It's not about the game but things around it.
The feeling of being part of a community
being able to play competitively anytime, anywhere with anyone
Making friends

You can laugh all you want at gamers but they're exactly like you. You make friends with the same interests as you, you laugh with them, you spend good time with them, well you actually live.
If your life is centered around a job you hate but you still have time to throw your hatred toward gamers, you may be what's wrong.

wrong board frogshit

>tfw met a bunch of good friends through dota
also the ever evolving meta is actually much more deep than a casual glance might suggest, same is probably true of LoL to a lesser extent

reddit-tier comment, but okay
how many real life friends did you make through LoL?
i mean, look, there's nothing wrong with playing one game a day (that's ~1 hour, right?), but if you become an addict and bring the sperg out of internet realm, that's my problem.
they start using some new terms that i don't understand, they all have bad postures, they don't read anything etc.
they're living half-life at this point.
i got in touch with them because of vidya, but vidya has so many negative effects when you overdo it, it's just sad to see my buddies not growing out of it

Since when? I've always passed through my gtx 970 to a vm

>>YOU DON'T NEED IT
Yes, since an objectively less shitty and pay to win gaym, namely DOTA2, already has Linux support.

>how many real life friends did you make through LoL?
I don't play lol but through games in general, 5 I see frequently irl and a few I play with online (mostly wow and dota).
>they start using some new terms that i don't understand
It's the same everywhere, hang around a bunch of devs/sysadmin/devops they all have their private jokes and I found myself clueless a bunch of time (I'm network engineer).
>they all have bad postures, they don't read anything etc.
Plain wrong, no more or less than others communities.
>they're living half-life at this point.
Only if you're addicted, I don't consider 2-4h a day as an addiction.
>vidya has so many negative effects when you overdo it
I agree but games can also help you cope with your everyday life, you should double-check what's the reason they spend so much time, it may hide something far more serious.

How can people play chess at all? Its the same fucking board and th3 same fucking pieces every fucking time you play it

Attached: 1527381045364.png (444x447, 558K)

Why are you supporting and using proprietary garbage on GNU/Linux?
What kind of cuckoldry is this?

This is the average freetard - mentally defective and socially stunted.

what's the point of using linux if you don't go full autism? just use windows and faget

i'm neither of those
i agree to an extent, but it's also different when you play online and when you play irl

>loading proprietary blobs onto your computer.

GAMERS RISE UP

Dumb normalfag.

I've tried, but the piston in my chair broke and I've been stuck here all week.

This thread is about one specific video game. It therefore has very little to do with Linux or technology. There's nothing Linux developers could do to change this so it's not their error in any way. The only people you can blame are the developers of that one specific game you drool over. Go back to with your shit.

>didn’t play league before
>now it won’t work
Roblox-Oof.wav

Does this mean LoL will now support Linux natively? :)

>I NEED GAMES
like pottery

>if it doesn't work on Linux, no one needs it

>if it's just a video game, no one needs it
fixed

>there are ways around this
Getting Windows, yeah..

>Some software I never heard of deliberately stops functioning inside a VM. Linux BTFO.

OK on a tech related topic how do you write a program to detect you're inside qemu-kvm?

I'm mildly amused by the fact that they ain't supporting Linux yet.
I mean, people have been asking for it since the MAC client launch.

how do people play this shit?
even some open world game like parachuting gets repetitive after playing it more than 20 hours, how can these fucking losers play every single day for 2 hours? it's always the same map, character differences are barely noticeable, animation is all too similar...
and these people, not only do they play it for 2 hours, they also watch other dudes playing it. they even incorporate their retarded vocabulary in everyday life.
like, when we were at airsoft match, these two losers were shouting to me "he is gonna plank/flank/genk/something like that you".
if you play soccer/football/whatever, there are huge chances i will hate you.

They are maybe keeping it a secret as a surprise.

That's why most people don't play chess.

nobody uses linux for games anyway, if you are sane you just have a windows desktop and a separate linux machine or partition

I unironically agree with all 3.

its highly addictive. Especially when you reach high tiers and have 9 year olds look at you like some god. Its like the high those instathots get when Pajeets compliment them. Feels good man
t. challenger s4-s7. Quit because I knocked up my neighbours niece and had to "man-up" and got a math degree

Attached: 5ba0af719160feb004d5260ab3db82bc.gif (320x240, 1.47M)

I was talking about soccer

>playing moba
>playing any online game at all

retardeds deserve it for repping such pleb culture

And how is this going to stop WINE from being used to play the game? You know WINE is open source, right? You can pretty much just patch all the calls the game makes so WINE returns the bullshit they want and play the game anyway. There has been some advances in "emulating" kernel calls to play PUBG with their shitty anti-cheat, and their anti-cheat is the most invasive, rootkit-like piece of shit ever. Knowing Riot and their lazy ass programmers, they won't even stick to ring 0, it's probably some ring 3 bullshit where they compare 2 strings. Don't you people think out of the box sometimes?

Attached: 1528564629372.jpg (281x292, 19K)

IIUC it won't even work in a VM literally running windows. And the only way to fuck that up is intentionally detecting and banning VMs. It's the anti cheat system doing it. They consider using a VM probable cheating I guess.