What are the best panel specs for true pcmr people and why is it 25" 240hz tn 1ms?

What are the best panel specs for true pcmr people and why is it 25" 240hz tn 1ms?

Attached: AOC-AGON-AG251FZ-430x323.jpg (430x323, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engineersgarage.com/articles/field-emission-display
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>anything above 120hz
>anything smaller than 28"
>TN ever

240 is a marginal increase from 144
27" 165Hz IPS 4ms is where it's at

You don't know shit dude lans that still use 144hz monitors are outdated

back to /v/ summerchild

The responsiveness from TN is unmatched. Also, you are referring to pseudo IPS panels from au optronics that are technically VA panels. Horrible stuff

monitors that advertise they run at 1ms in reality run at 9-15ms and some even worse

43" IPS UHD for shitposting battlestations and actual work.

120+Hz strobed TN for twitchy gaming.

Good luck finding an online match with more than a tickrate of 120/128.

I have that exact monitor, and i can tell you 240hz is placeabo

there is BARELY any difference between that and 144, like with scrolling and fast panning it looks marginally better.

Attached: 20180616_220556.jpg (2016x1134, 701K)

Why do you fags like to waste money on useless shit like that?
I have literally never seen a video with more than 60 fps, the video with the most fps I have seen was the ones in Microbikini dance collection

Or is it because "muh gaymes'?

You're thinking of IPS. Reading some TFT reviews and most TN panels tend to max out at 8-9ms with Overdrive off and IPS tend to hit up from 10-16ms without OD. Of course with low or medium overdrive settings this drops drastically.

At the moment the best is the smallest 1440p monitor you can get to 165hz. Next year it will be 4k at the same speed and size.

still they are not even close to 1ms I don't know why they are allowed to brand them as 1ms. its a lie. they are all 9+ms.

CRT are 0ms obvious choice and 1024x768 is plenty enough resolution you just need a 980 or 980ti or Titan X Maxwell to run it thou as new cards dropped support.

even pro Dota and Leage players play on CRT until they are sponsored then they use what ever they are paid to use.

and gsync sucks it adds 40ms of lag while vsync adds like 80ms... its still bad on CRT you don't get any screentearing with nothing turned on.

>lcd
>good motion
You guys have forgotten what proper even looks like.
>1024x768
lol
L O L

Attached: meanwhile on my desk.png (447x229, 10K)

It's because monitors advertise their response time assuming you turn on medium overdrive settings. So TN is usually 2-3ms in practice and IPS/VA are 5-9ms. Still not as low as advertised though.

independent review sites still list even the best TN and IPS as 9+ms thou bro. not sure if their equipment is shit thou

Do you play FPS? And if so, you still didn't notice much improvement in fluidity?

27" 165hz 1440p VA was the correct answer. Better luck next time faggot.

>4k for gaming on a small screen

Attached: 1528801063239.jpg (680x453, 70K)

>smearing VA panel

Attached: 1519333651661.jpg (345x336, 214K)

>TN

>its still bad on CRT you don't get any screentearing with nothing turned on.
V-sync was created for LCDs, it's worthless on CRT.

What monitor?

they're like women buying louis vuitton purses

Everything you said is incorrect, vsync was originally made for CRT monitors. CRT TVs get screen rolling if not synced, it's commonly called "sync to vblank." Some old PC games have a vblank setting although it's technically incorrect since PC monitors have been progressive for ages. Tearing occurs when the screen refreshes while more than one frame is in the buffer, and two images are displayed simultaneously. This can happen regardless of what display you're using.

this

>unironically liking tn panel
kys user

Attached: 1450327357927s.jpg (250x247, 8K)

240hz is the ideal refresh rate and there's 0 benefit for going beyond that. In 10 years, all monitors will run at 240hz and it'll stay that way forever.

Nope. It will increase just for marketing and to make people buy new stuff

Oh, sweet summertime...

>2007+11
>tfw no 25" unlimited bit depth 240hz 0ms CNT FED

engineersgarage.com/articles/field-emission-display

Attached: EDP_0.jpg (500x257, 28K)

> believing that FED/SED were ever viable

those thing were fundamentally more fragile and self-destructing than OLED by orders of magnitude, user.
no feasibly manufacturable emitter surface material wouldn't erode itself away in short order.