My CPU is a 10 year old q6600. Should I wait for ZEN 3 to update?

My CPU is a 10 year old q6600. Should I wait for ZEN 3 to update?

Attached: pp123.jpg (229x220, 13K)

Just stick with it dude, mine's still good enough.

yeah its a pretty badass CPU

I only want to update for audio/video editing, to me the thought of stacking as many VSTs as I want live on FL Studio is a dream come true and I hope modern CPUs can do that

also for VR 2020 mostly racing sims

other than that I can do anything I need

I'm on a core duo and a Phenom XII

Just wait it out until someone puts a gun to your head.

The longer you wait the better the jump will be when you finally upgrade

keep waiting

wiat for 2019 ryzen if you can.

i'm literally posting from my pentium4 desktop

I'm still rolling alone fine with a Phenom II X4 955 w/32gb ram. I'm not into latest games and mobo has sata III & usb 3.0 so I've literately no reason to upgrade.

>tfw i7 860

Just do it now ffs, the performance leap will be so insane that you won't even notice the difference between zen2 and zen3 coming from that dinosaur. You will only thank yourself for not wasting another year of your life trying to do some work on that old piece of shit.

Updates aren't worth only for people playing gay ass games made for dual cores or shitposting all the day, but if you feel limited in what you do, just upgrade that shit

Attached: 1523393027230.gif (366x360, 1.97M)

i know, but the satisfaction of waiting it out is amazing

i think i will wait for zen 3 desu

Attached: 1 btc club.jpg (1545x2000, 505K)

a core 2 quad in circa 2020? jesus, and i thought my pc was a toaster...

Attached: pc.png (569x350, 20K)

I also had a super old CPU. Then I shelled out a few hundred dollars for a new PC with an R5 1600. But I didn't notice any difference because all I do is shitpost all day. Now I'm using an old thinkpad while my PC has sat unused for almost a month.

this is why i dont update

This, it's like holding in your cum.

You probably mean Zen 2
Ryzen 1 is Zen
Ryzen 2 is Zen+
Ryzen 3 is Zen 2
Ryzen 4 will probably be Zen 3

But for your purposes I don't really see the added value in waiting for Zen 2 compared to buying a Ryzen 2 now. The difference will probably just be how long you can wait before upgrading from your next chip again. I don't see a need for the increased power for your workload in the imminant future to warrent waiting.

>using the internet with a Meltdown vulnerable intel CPU
Best make the switch right now.

legit, or like holding bitcoin

Attached: vergara tits.gif (185x385, 983K)

No I mean Zen 3, which according to the latest roadmap will be released around 2020.

>implying amd isn't compromised too

Why Zen 3 though?
Zen 2 will be a big upgrade from Zen+ but going from Zen 2 to Zen 3 won't be much of a difference. It's both the same 7nm process. If you're prepared to wait for Zen 3 I'd say just wait for Zen 2.

i7 950 here

Still playing all the vidya on very high. Only GPU upgraded to 970.

Triple Channel DDR3 Memory at 1333.

But im prepared to wait for Zen 3

Attached: _828316442.jpg (236x356, 27K)

Not saying you can't. Unlike what some people here may want you to believe you can always do whatever you wsnt.
I'm just saying that going from Zen+ to Zen 2 will be a pretty big upgrade but going from Zen 2 to Zen 3 won't be as big of an upgrade. Make up your own mind about that.

I'm pretty happy with my 2700X though.

I'm on the same thing. My mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot, so i bought a GeForce GTX 1050 refurbished. Maxed out the ram at 8GB DDR2. 512GB SSD with Linux Mint Mate 18.3 and it runs like a beast. Sure, there's some newer stuff I can't run, but it's still a great system. q6600 was a fucking amazing CPU

Get a x5675 and oc to 4.5 my man, also pump that 970 to 1500mhz

q6600 came out in 2006 bro

Not Op. I bought mine in october 2008 in a prebuild semi atx.
Changed to a i5 3550 in 2012...