If Linux is so great, then how come nobody is using it?

The average user trying to move from Windows immediately comes to dislikes Linux, because it is intentionally made difficult to use - for no other discernible reason, so that a handful of fat neckbeards can feel smug and superior.
>ugh, you don't NEED that program. If I can live without it, so can you!
>why aren't you comfortable using the terminal? If people 30 years ago could handle it so can you!
>how come you find it so difficult to scroll through dozens of internet pages to find a solution to a simple problem? Brain dead sheeple I swear
>the distro you're using sucks! If you care about your freedom, you need to switch to X immediately.
>don't listen to him! that distribution is SOOOO bloated. You must go with Y instead.
>what? video games? what are you a fucking child? Oh you have one. Well who cares, they should go outside to play instead. Gaming is for fags, am I right!
>oh yeah that particular desktop environment is a pain in the ass to use with little functionality or user friendliness. But using it just makes you that much more hardcore!

Attached: 1460578033233s.jpg (250x249, 10K)

based freebsd OP destroying lincucks users

stfu, thats none of your business

>>because it is intentionally made difficult to use
>implying it's a problem

>what? video games? what are you a fucking child? Oh you have one. Well who cares, they should go outside to play instead.

This but unironically

I prefer templeos

>>nobody using it
>>entire AWS cloud infrastructure is Linux

We've been having these threads since the beginning of time on this board. They are honestly funny now.

No, no, no. You don't understand, you need to treat it as a sacred holy artifact like the rest of us. Only then will the path of true enlightenment be opened to you.

>ubuntu gains traction
>diffuses myth of linux being le super sekrit hacker OS
>autists respond by pushing arch, a distro specifically designed to be broken and require maximum maintenance to drive out the newbies

IT'S MICROSOFT'S FAULT NO ONE GIVES LINUX A CHANCE, IT'S A GREAT OS RRRREEEEEEEE

Attached: golden_kek_eyes.jpg (920x380, 62K)

I moved to Linux from Windows 3 months ago and everything I do daily is on it so its no prob, it's faster too so I don't care.

daily reminder this thread is perfect representation of the state of windows users

>users use aws machines

>average user
FUCK the average user

>intentionally made difficult to use
good, free software should be a secret club. just look at the ubuntu forums if you want to see what happens when normies get a hold of foss

People do use it nigga, I dualboot it along with windows 10

Lol you sound like the baddie developers that struggle to build even a stock WordPress on a standard RHEL install. Not only do they call themselves programmers without even knowing SSH, they cry in my ear like this about how harrrd linux is.

Have you ever considered perhaps you're just not technical? I mean it, take a step outside your ego for a second, and consider that you're part of the 99% of users which are not. You are in this group every day your computer runs a windows boot.

I don't care, keep using Winshit if you want. As history has shown us, the more "normal" folks who flock to a platform, the shittier it gets. Case in point: the very fucking segment of the internet we're both using now.

>I only see what I wanna see.

Attached: reeetahd.png (1392x454, 758K)

I literally haven't done any maintenance on my Arch install in 5 years other than updating every few days.

>t-t-t-t-terminals are weeeeeird
fucking brainlet that's the WORST reason not to use linux. don't think i missed that shit.

>The average user trying to move from Windows immediately comes to dislikes Linux, because it is intentionally made difficult to use
No, they come to immediately dislike it because it's slightly different from what they're used to.
>because it is intentionally made difficult to use
Pretty much every major desktop environment/distribution is made to be as easy to use and terminal free as possible.
>ugh, you don't NEED that program. If I can live without it, so can you!
You should come over to Linux with the understanding that it might not have all of the software that you're used to, just as you would if you were, say, switching from Windows to MacOS. This really isn't the fault of Linux in and of itself, it's just the state of how things are. Either you find an alternative, run the software you need through a VM/Wine, dual boot, or yes, live without it.
>why aren't you comfortable using the terminal? If people 30 years ago could handle it so can you!
Nobody will fault a new user for not being comfortable with the terminal. That being said, in the long term, the terminal is one of the most powerful tools within Linux, and it's not like it's hard to use (just different from what you're used to), so it's a bit of a waste to not take advantage of it.
>how come you find it so difficult to scroll through dozens of internet pages to find a solution to a simple problem? Brain dead sheeple I swear
You can find pretty much anything you need to know on the Arch wiki. Furthermore, it's not like Windows/Mac are magically immune to having to do some searching to fix your problem, especially given that 99% of the replies to Windows related problems you'll find are pajeets saying "did you try turning computer off and on again? pls run disk defrag and show bob and lasaga"

>the distro you're using sucks! If you care about your freedom, you need to switch to X immediately.
>don't listen to him! that distribution is SOOOO bloated. You must go with Y instead.
Yeah, distro fighting is generally pretty retarded.
>what? video games? what are you a fucking child? Oh you have one. Well who cares, they should go outside to play instead. Gaming is for fags, am I right!
See my point about software availability in the other post.
>oh yeah that particular desktop environment is a pain in the ass to use with little functionality or user friendliness. But using it just makes you that much more hardcore!
Nobody actually thinks this way. Just because something is different from what you're used to doesn't make it bad.

I guess I'll bite on this weak-ass bait. OP, you're too stupid to use Linux, you should definitely stick to Windows.

Daily reminder CoC OS is dead

I use Arch btw

Okay.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1529186541367.jpg (2048x1536, 305K)

Because linux users are the beta vegan crossfit fag faggots of the tech world. Hurrrr gib me free sheit. Absolutely degenerates

Attached: th.jpg (300x300, 10K)

You mean
>how come nobody I know is using it?
Answer: get out more and stop making friends with retards.

I'm using it and it's great. And the games I play these days all run directly on Linux or very well under wine. And I get to use my own WM of preference and can set up everything exactly how I like it.

You know Jow Forums is full of newfags when a bait this old keeps getting replies

Attached: 1506789268219.jpg (250x238, 8K)

once installed, Ubuntu Mate will hold your fucking hand until you get adjusted. Sell your fucking lies somewhere else.

Attached: 30 rocny vybusnik 2.png (380x349, 70K)

the 1990's called they want their lameass meme back,

there are lots if Linux distros that are as easy to install and configure and run as ms-windows, and they are not part of the borg calling home to the mothership with your info, they only reason microsoft has not gotten in trouble like facebook is the shit has not hit their fan yet, but it will, it will

Not him, but
>he thinks oldfags are automatically babyboomers
You do realize most oldfags here are Gen X-ers and millennials, right? A dumb old babyboomer wouldn’t actually care for technology.

estimates of desktop use is around 2% of all internet connected PC's, that is roughly 50 million desktops or more

I use Freenas (yeah it ain't Linux, but it ain't windows either) for the ZFS file system and the fact I can install/boot it from a USB stick so it saves a 3.5 bay for storage. If they ever port ZFS to make it work with Windows with a gui then I'd stick with Windows but they don't and while Refs is good, ZFS offers better/easy way to manage data/drives. I use both ReFs and ZFS. Both have pros/cons. Refs on main server cause frankly my media server package won't work with freenas unless you do some major tinkering. Windows, it just works,period. Freenas is running on a backup box. So end to end my data is safe.

Attached: muh_games.png (626x628, 481K)

Elementary should be puahed over ubuntu, its max comfy compared to any other stock os

Eat a bag of dicks

am i the only one who thinks the cuckchan memes became more and more retarded?

>muh
Back to your containment, faggot.

didn't read your shit but nearly every server in existence uses it, every phone, every super computer, everything, really. even microsoft uses it

so what now?
p.s. nobody gives a fuck about normies and what OS they use. including normies.

Keep crying brainlet

The replies agreeing to what the french says that's supposed to make fun of them dissapoints me, you are the reason Linux gets A bad rap, just off yourselves