He doesn't have his own DNS resolver

>he doesn't have his own DNS resolver
>he use botnet dns like google or the DNS of his ISP

Attached: pepe.jpg (258x245, 12K)

I'm behind 7 proxies

Doesn't you have lag ?

>>he use botnet dns like google or the DNS of his ISP
What should I do?

It literally says in OP to host your own local DNS server. You can buy a Raspberry Pi and set up BIND or Unbound.

How would this benefit me?

It wont they will still be able to see everything you do

>try to use cloudflare DNS
>some retards manufacturing routers thought that 1.1.1.1 is an acceptable address to hard-code as an admin page
What the hell? Am I stuck with jewgle DNS?

Attached: 1435174767199.jpg (750x750, 95K)

Flash dd-wrt or tomato

The only benefit from running a DNS server from your house would be a Cache Server. This basically caches all resolved websites locally instead of going to your isp's server for every page you lookup. Unless you have a shitload of users all sharing the same net connection you really won't see that much of a benefit from this. Then you got AD but really when it's all setup it does the same thing plus resolves for the internal domain and most home users don't even need AD anyway unless you got a shitload of computers all running Professional/Enterprise/or Ultimate versions of Windows.

Google sells $12 domain names, what's the issue with using them as your dns?

it's some hot irreplaceable garbage provided by ISP, I use it as a bridge to normal router but it still intercepts all outgoing traffic to 1.1.1.1

No, I use dns.watch.

use dnsbench to figure out what to use
1.1.1.1 is hot garbage anyway

>use 1.1.1.1
>sometimes DNS will stop resolving

You can't replace the ISP's router with your own?

It's illegal to do that here (America)

what the hell are you talking about? you can bring your own modem (the thing actually connected to your ISP) on fucking time warner/spectrum, hard to believe you can't do the same on other ISPs and even less believable that it is 'illegal'

>He runs his own DNS

Attached: laughingatop.png (449x401, 490K)

Lies and slander!

My ISP (Comcast) told me if I did that they would disconnect my service and report me to the FCC

my pi hole is on the way, calm down

user, I have comcast and bought my own modem, router, switch and access point. It's not "illegal".

Or use dnscrypt-proxy 2, or simple-dnscryptproxy
It's pretty much brainlet proof
>increased privacy and resistance to censorship isn't a benefit

Fuck using your own DNS resolver. I use Quad9 and regret nothing.

It's actually a combination of GPON (fiber) modem with FTTH splitter for net/IPTV/VoiP.
It's kinda forced but replacing it as a modem and setting up FTTH split (which my router doesn't support...) is neigh impossible